Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
I just got arrested for smoking pot, and I feel pretty shitty. My court date is Monday, I'm looking over my summons right now and dreading the call to my parents (18 year old college stoner)

Does anyone have experience with being arrested? I might fight this but I don't know how to start.

What country are you in Op?

>protip: don't live in a shitty policestate

U.S.A
New Jersey to be exact

It has happend to me. If ur in the usa what state it really dose matter

time to take one on the chin. expect 6 months to a year of probation.

didnt caught with weight right?

Welp it happend to me in ny. It was my first offensive so i got nothing.

Nah, we got caught smoking in the woods near my campus
no scale, no buds, just the shake in a small prescription bottle i keep with this new dope pipe I JUST BOUGHT

Same, it was my first offense but being in those handcuffs for 3 hours made me feel less like s person

well shit man. my friend got caught with a joint and got 6 months probation.

Idk about new Jersey but in ny they have acod which is like if ur good for a year it gets thrown out it can only be on ur firat offense tho id google it

Why tell your parents? You're an adult. Get a public defender and plea guilty and do community service, then move out of your shitty backwards state and join the legal party in 420land.

youll be fine worst you get is probation for a few months if that

We aslo hade like 16 grams in the car

Man that fucking sucks op, in my state, I smoke so much, I forget it's a legit "offense" in other states.

Fucking sloppy. You'll learn the hard way to be smarter about things from this. It's hard to feel any sympathy in this situation, dead beat. Enjoy the permanent record for the rest of your adult life.

damn, i think in this state you're good until you reach 50gs. then its intent to sell and its so much worse

They're getting a letter in the mail, if it wasn't for that i wouldn't tell them anything, i also have to find a job to pay the fine ($500-800)

hopefully, best case scenario is the judge throws the case out since actual crimes go on in this town

I dont have a record. Like i said it was my first offensive m8 get good

Get good? Lmao. How about get what's coming to you.

Didn't even check my double dubs. And you think i have something coming to me.

Never carry when you can stash; never carry more than you can eat.

Whatever happens OP, avoid PROBATION or DRUG COURT at all costs. Idk how sever they will be on you but they will try to throw that shit at you in order to avoid jail time. Don't do it, take the time.

Probabtion/drug court ends up just costing you more and sets you up to fail. DO THE TIME. That is, if they offer it to you. So get a LAWYER. Also important.
>be me
>arrested for driving shit
>2 charges
>get to court
>prosecutor tries to throw a year probation at me
>"Your honor I object".png
>not a criminal, they just want me in the system

Judge agreed with me, told the prosecuter to
>calm down gary

and let me do 1 month in jail and pay some fines. Point is, stay OUT of the system at ALL costs. Get a lawyer, you probably should anyway. Courts love sending younger adults to drug court, shit like that for "rehab" purposes. But in the end it just costs you more money, sets you up for pee tests, more charges, yeah fuck that shit.

tl;dr: get a lawyer, dont let them put you in drug court or on probation, do the jail time instead

Why are they getting a letter if you are 18? Is it campus police school policy or some bullshit? That seems illegal to me...

that all sounds good
i got off the phone with a friend (also a stoner, also got arrested last year) and he said the same exact thing
point taken user, I just hope i can fight it with the public defender is all

that shit is illegal, sue them for slander.

I got arrested for having prescription pills and I did 4-5 days in jail before I went to court, released me at midnight. All I had to do is pay fifty bucks for a fingerprint and saliva test. Mine is a felony. Just say guilty, get it over with and he'll most likely give you probation for six months. It's not that big of a deal.

OP, DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY. ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT KNOW THIS, BUT IF YOU PLEAD GUILTY YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET FAFSA OR A STUDENT LOAN FROM THE GOVERNMENT EVER AGAIN. GOOGLE MARIJUANA OR DRUG CONVICTION AND LOSING FAFSA! TELL YOUR PARENTS AND GET A FUCKING LAWYER!

It would be libel, but only if it were untrue. It's public record, but still a violation of privacy under the nunya clause.

Good point. His lawyer should offer a plea to lesser charges, like mischief or loitering or being a jersey fag in public.

It's weed you closeted autist.
No one's life is ruined by weed.

Nice feet

I think it's just protocol for most college kids that get caught, definitely not slander

shit son, care to elaborate? Should i take the court head on or plead guilty to get it over with?

Elaborate?

Guilty plea = no more student loans or grants.

If you're not on loans, I wouldn't worry about it - if you are, lawyer up and see if you can get the charge lessened so you can keep your loans.

Did they catch you on campus property? Was it campus PD or city?

If it wasn't campus PD, they can't send a letter to your parents.

close your eyes until it is over

move to CA dumbass
it's legal here

Sure they can. College dorms are not a permanent address. Way he could do though is file a change of address form at the post office and get a p.o. box for stuff with his name on it

As said before a guilty plea/conviction = no more students loans. Another thing to take in to consideration is gun rights, if that is something you car about. You would be permanently disqualified from buying a firearm at the federal level because the Feds still designate marijuana as an illegal substance. marijuana users cannot legally own guns.

He jersey boy, too dumb to understand

nah, im not on loans, so im not worried about that

Luckily i was just out of campus property so im not suspended from college (for now) yeah, hopefully they don't

>1 warrant for an arrest later

Not too dumb, too broke

kk. Should be able to pull it off with an even ok public defender, may even be able to negotiate it with the prosecutor before hand, idk what your state laws and stuff are or your criminal history, but you do and so will they.

Either way they love the probation thing, especially for drug offending young adults cause it's more money in their pockets and usually fails, which means more time for you.
>again, states will differ on severity but I think you see my point.
>also, it's just jail, don't be scurred. rapes and shit don't happen there. It's boring af, just keep your head down, read, play cards with the non fuck ups.
Jail is full of normal people for the most part, then the harder guys who on their way to prison. You are watched a lot closer in jail than in prison so there is a lot of security. Sure, shit can happen but it usually gets broken up pretty quick. It's easy to spot the crack heads, and the like minded people tend to find each other. Did fourty days, only time I've ever been in jail longer than a night. Food was shit, people were for the most just regular people. Got it done, walked out of there 2 days early for "good behaviour", never looked back, never been back. Also, move to legal weed state. I'm here now and it's awesome, there isn't a day that goes by that I take it for granted.

Good luck.

I had the same happen to me in romania. Only had to pay a 40$ fine.
Prosecutor told me to keep that shit in my house from now on so as not to waste his time in the future.

The officers said they wouldn't have checked us if we didn't pass the cig from one to the next

Sucks to suck

thanks user, ill remember that on Monday

also, a lot will depend on the judge, his stance on that stuff and even his mood that day. So, just be mentally prepared. You know your criminal history, so will they. It's your age that concerns me. Being that young makes you a target for that kind of stuff. But again, if you get a reasonable judge that can make all the difference.

>as can a lawyer, or at least a public defender

noice feet

thats the way it should be in the usa, if not then 100% legal

I got busted with 8 gs in my dorm room in michigan, but wasnt arrested. I ended up hiring a good lawyer, and shelled out 2 grand for him to get me the same goddamn deal that I most likely would have gotten anyways because it was my first offense- pretrial diversion program- it destroys the record after probation is up. So idk whats likely to happen to you in new jersey, but seriously consider your options regarding legal help- if its your first offense, you might not even need a lawyer. learn from me, don't spend money you don't need to spend.