puerto rico and the virgin islands doesn't constitute an empire

unless you meant the coca cola empire

>current empire
>Hawaii

>all the best players in the world end up going to US professional sports teams

its an economic and cultural empire

everyone buys our shit, watches our movies and tv, listens to our music

that is the modern empire, get fucked nigel

Don't forget the Caribbean and all of the other Pacific Islands.

>what are military bases and force projection

>everyone buys our shit, watches our movies and tv, listens to our music
>our

What part of global 1% Merchant elite are you from, m8?

That one from the country whose internet you use

>""""""united""""""" """""""kingdom"""""""""
>"""""""great"""""""" britain
>british """"""""empire""""""""

entertainment personally, my family has been in the film industry since the silent movie era

Military subjugation of all your """allies""" constitutes and empire.

paying countries to have military bases whilst having no free healthcare because your spend more on defence than the next 10 countries on the list isn't an empire

you haven't conquered anything. in fact your results relative to the amount you spend have been humiliating. also with the advent of in internet it's easier than ever to laugh at America. not really the sign of an empire. cheers for the avengers though, it lets me know who to avoid

>who is Messi?

We don't care about poverty ball but if we did, he certainly would be playing here.

>everyone buys our shit, watches our movies and tv, listens to our music...
...BUT watches your sport.

You play it. And you care. You build new stadiums for it. You'll even host the World Cup, the #1 sports event, in 2026.

But you're still far behind, even behind Mexico. I bet even the niggers of TP Mazembe would rekt your league.

why would capitalists want free health care?

people here like to make tourist money, hosting the world cup doesn't mean that americans give a shit about it.

I wonder who could be behind THIS post?

Nobody cares. Highest rated non-tournament games are watched by around one million people in a country of over 320 million. New stadiums are built for MLS teams nobody cares anything about.

>I'll just pretend I don't care

That's fine user.

This, the only reason MLS was created in the first place was so our country could host the world cup in 94. We don't care about the sport, just the money it can bring.

We do have "free" healthcare, They're called medicaid and medicare and both are shit. Medicare is so shit that seniors are forced to use supplementary insurance like AARP and Medicaid covers almost nothing and most hospitals don't even accept it because it only covers 30% of costs.

We also have the VA, an orginaztion so terribly run that most veterans prefer to simply die than go there for care.

>all these assmad Europeans on Sup Forums today

YOU'RE A PEON

And that one millions are most likely the illegal spics

>one millions
>millions

hello Juan. trying to fit in. good

Pathetic diatribe against a current superpower by a former one that can't come to terms with the fact that a country they colonized has superseded them. """""""""Great"""""""" Britain.

You don't care, while MLS avg attendance is 21,000

Not bad for a sport nobody cares, eh

Also MLS is what, 5x younger than MLB?

You should try the Britain's world cup. You would win an international title every year.

There was no need for 3 stickies about some meme baseball game and you know it.

That's pretty awful.

boofuckinghoo

You're not obligated to be here, yknow.

>waaaah other people care about something I don't this is an outrage to my Italian pride why canna we watcha da pasta bowla

don't know what you want me to say, i've probably watched about 2 hours of soccer throughout my entire life. just trying to let you know how it is here. you're probably too young remember but we already have hosted the world cup, and it did nothing to increase interest in the sport.

That's less than the average attendance for a college basketball game and barely a quarter of the average attendance of a college football team and the average professional game tickets cost more and still have double the attendance rate.

No one cares about divegrass here frog

The average college football game has 100k+

20k is laugable

if you're implying i'm jewish, it should be fairly obvious that you're wrong by the part where I said

>since the silent movie era

learn some history if you don't see why that's relevant

soccer makes shit money compared to every other sport here. that means we don't care about it.

there's a select few who do. the stadiums get built by the wealthy owners who made their money elsewhere and decided to buy a team

soccer is almost never on TV, if it is its on ESPN8 at 3 AM. that's a hint nobody cares.

remember that if we did indeed care, the US would have the greatest soccer league in the world.

>the US would have the greatest soccer league in the world
lel sure, another faggot league where teams can't get relegated so fragile amerishart fans don't get triggered when their team is a complete shit

You seriously want to prove that young and undevelopped MLS is smaller than other US leagues, which have been around for dozens of years?

Nobody cares and yet MLS has already 2/3rd of MLB attendance.

Also
>always summing up everything to money
proves that US posters of Sup Forums are figuratively (((jews)))

stadium attendance doesn't mean jack shit, stadiums can only hold so many people. TV ratings are what you want to look at to determine real popularity.

Last year (soccer) took the 26 spot in most viewed sports event with the final game of the womans world cup (soccer) jap vs usa with a total of 26.7mil viewers.

>but we totaly dont care or watch (soccer) realy we dont.
>watching woman play sports

Relegation doesn't exist primarily because we don't have hundreds of teams in leagues like you retards do.

And certainly, if we actually cared about divegrass, the rest of the world would never be able to hold on to talent because the US league would pay better and they wouldn't have to pay your retarded taxation levels here.

we have more women in this country than you have people in general.

The entire purpose of professional sports is to make money, if your league is making next to no money, it's not very successful then. And you keep using stadium attendance as an indicator of success which is laughable when we still showed you that the numbers are piss poor in comparison to other leagues and MLS still makes shit money. No one cares about the sport outside of elementary kids, liberals who want to pretend they're european, and spics.

>"""""""""""""""""""""""great"""""""""""""""""""""" britain

>26th for a WC our country's team won

>Relegation doesn't exist primarily because we don't have hundreds of teams in leagues like you retards do
ayyyyy
>300m population
>can't into lower leagues
>still too scared of relegation because amerisharts are faggots
LMAO

You forget that
1. Euros only care about football, thus put ALL their money in it. To compete with us, you would have to put all your eggs in the same basket too. Goodbye NHL, MLB and NFL
2. You don't even need to be rich to win at football. Boca Juniors would dominate the MlelS

That's less people than who watched the Stanley Cup, the least watched sports championship in the US.

/thread

we do have lower leagues, in every sport except for football. we relegate players, not entire teams, that's just retarded and counter productive to a team's success.

Thanks goodness. Stan cup is old af and
who cares about womens sports? besides
>(You)

Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man U are owned (or have a majority stake) by Americans who own sports teams over here. kek

>No more than 30 teams in any given league

These are professional teams mind you. There's no point in have relegation with such a small number of teams

All of the povertyball leagues combined still barely make more money than the NFL so odds are they wouldn't be going anywhere. Not to mention that we have baseball players who make more than the best divegrass players and baseball isn't even the most popular sport here.

Relegation exists for players, not teams. players who underperform in baseball are sent to the minors and in basketball, they're sent to the development league. Football doesn't relegate because there's too few games so there's no point.

>best baseball players in the world
>everyone in every shitty third world country fights and claws to make it to the MLB

Yes it's world. Name a league with more talent that plays baseball? Name a better league in basketball than the nba? Outside of Merrica, nothing else matters. Sorry fag.

>To compete with us, you would have to put all your eggs in the same basket too

I don't think you understand how much more money we have than all of you.

>we only care about money
>that jewish comment

Money =/= sport quality

That's why EPL isn't even on La Liga level.

>we relegate players, not entire teams,
even more retarded than not having relegation system lel
>that's just retarded and counter productive to a team's success
don't you think that maybe a team shouldn't have any success if it deserves to be relegated because they played worse than any of their rivals? Maybe that club is run like shit, the coaches are shit, the players are shit, and another better team with different people should be given the opportunity?

That's what relegation system ensures: survival of the fittest and a better level of competition

Again, in football, you don't autowin because you have more money. Chinese put massive amounts and their teams are still shit.

m8, it's you who should take a clue. The EU mops the floor with your third world economy

businessinsider.com/charts-eu-economy-is-bigger-than-the-us-2015-6

The point of professional sports is to make money, if you're not making money, that means you have either a terrible product or a product no one wants. You don't have to be a jew to understand this. Ironic to say money doesn't matter then brag about how you spend all your money on povertyball, make up your mind frog.

>Chicago cubs, 1 world series in the last 108 years
>Englets, 0 works eries ever

Stupid yuropoors, not only are they effeminate buy gay too

i don't understand why that's more retarded. baseball and basketball only have 25 and 15 players on each team respectively, so if a team isn't doing well it's highly likely that it's because of a handful of cancerous players rather than the whole team and their management. now if the management is garbage then the owner can just clean house and hire new people. our system is the survival of the fittest, because if you aren't fit then you're going to get beat up on. and yet, our leagues still manage to have more parity than yours. just because one team is doing bad, doesn't mean there's a good replacement for them in the minor leagues.

>yuros brag about how they have to combine all of their economies together to just barely do better than the US

>european """"""union"""""""

Oh yeah?

Then why are Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, City, PSG,Chelsea etc the best teams?

you obviously don't understand how things work in continental europe. they literally aren't profit-seekign enterprises m8