Name a better comedian then George Carlin

name a better comedian then George Carlin
>pro tip you cant

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x3h2ipc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hans Teeuwen.

he was the best

the dice man was good aswell. george carlin got to preachy at times.

Bill Hicks

yo, da dice man was stuck in da fifties! onny way he could react to da modern world was to say "it's all shit". on top of dat, he pretended to be a bodybuilding eyetalian greaser, but he's a jew. dat's right. da diceman is a yid.

/thread

at the top of his game he was amazing but his last HBO special and stuff around the end of his life was just terrible

D L hugeley. He was one of te kings of comedy

Greg Giraldo but he dead

Literally anyone.

It's been years since he was funny.

Carlin was too topical, preachy, and rehearsed. I like him, but he was playing a character. I look for honesty in comedians. I like him, but any of his specials look dated today. He's the opposite of Gallagher, only as a character. He comes off as Gallagher with out the sledge hammer, but the same act. His seven deadly words thing came off as shtick.

Donald Trump?

Yeah it's like he dropped of the face of earth

George Carlin sucks in full performance

>ooh look how "edgy" i am
>making abortion jokes ohhhh so edge
>questioning "established religion" ohhhh soo edge

dailymotion.com/video/x3h2ipc

Every joke. "White folks do it like this, black folks do it like this". There's a reason he didn't last.

kek

wut?

do you even time period?

I guess he was funny in the 80s?

>watches one clip
>assumes to know everything

I mean, he was really entertaining. But he wasn't laugh out loud funny. 8/10

take your ass back to r/blackpeopletwitter

bump

i respect him not only for being funny but also calling out bullshit at the same time, opinion i guess.

Arthur Atkinson "How queer"

this old faggot hasnt been funny since 2008.

I used to watch his show. I've seen his rise and fall. I study stand up. He's gone, and it's all because of his shtick. White folk black folk jokes are so done that Chapelle made fun of them.

Try early 70s

He had been coasting on his old routines for decades.
I mean really
>OOOOooooohh! He's saying things you can't say on TV!
>Cursing is SO edgy!
Yawn.

kek
the old fag not only swore on tv but called out the fags that where against it, also influenced and inspired other comedian fags to do comedy and to stand up against bullshit like religion and the government etc.

This guy, who Carlin idolized. His comedy seems either tame or dated by today's standards, but he died broke and kept doing his act even though he was usually arrested halfway through it. He paved the way for dirty comedy, and made it safe for adults to laugh at adult things, even (and especially if) they were in poor taste.

He did pave the way. He did change the course, and does deserve serious respect. He made all modern entertainment possible.

I love the guy, but not enough material. I have all of his albums, and it's the same stuff delivered different.

he was just great speaker but no sense of humour

Carlin was kind of an average comedian, an average author, and an average performer, and although this doesn't seem very flattering at first glance, when you think about it it's very hard for you to find anyone who is actually average on all those three things at the same time.

Most comedians are horrible writers, or/and awful performers. Those who happen to be decent authors aren't funny, or can't perform well. Good performers may carry shitty comedy with some effort, but they don't go too far without solid writing. This is the reason why so many performers have other people writing jokes for them.

When you really think about it, carling was far from being amazing, not because he was bad, but because everyone else is so god awful at this job.

How the hell has Richard Pryor not been mentioned. Most professional comedians consider him top 3 universally

Carlin was great for his time - but yeah, same old same old after a while.

Try Frankie Boyle, if you can understand a Scottish accent. He's fucking brutal. Had a show a few years back called "Tramadol Nights", utter fucking savagery.

Corge Garlin is gooder

Sup Forums's average age is 13 and they think hating black people is cool?

Jim Jefferies delivers good keks, great at crushing the souls of hecklers too

Or maybe Pryor just isn't as funny as some people think and they're only saying it to appear progressive

he might be a savage but i just dont like him as much as carlin, Frankie is that one kid that ate shit for attention in prmary school

fair point,

What is wrong about treating niggers the way they deserve to be treated?

>723361151
Call them cool?

Well, that's a shame for you - he's a genuinely funny, witty and intelligent bloke. And he's still producing new material so he has a slight edge over George, there.

Who's George Carlin ?

This guy here is the best stand-up ever in the history of the art

You realize Carlin had a career that spanned over sixty years right?

He retired too early to be considered one of the true greats

The only one I can think of that even comes close to Carlin is Chris Rock.

But yeah, Carlin's #1.

Retired?? Died man.

Do you watch any comedy at all?
Thats the exact answer of someone who watches no comedy.

really ? I never knew that

Doug Stanhope has the same observational blunt humour. Hes less popular but he could be up there for sure.

Itt: White people

One of the things I really appreciate about Carlin in how he was socially progressive, but took issue with the left as much as he did the right. He said he agreed with feminist theory, but did routines in which he bragged about "pissing off the feminists." He also did a good job of making homosexuality seem normal *without* pushing an agenda. One of my favorites jokes of his is his comeback to when people asked him if he was gay because he used to wear an earring: "Bend over and let's find out."

Also, his 2001 special, which premiered shortly after the 9/11 attacks, was originally titled, "I Love It When a Lot of People Die." It was on HBO, so he had to change the title...but part of me believes that he wouldn't have if he had complete creative control.

Yep. Cancer.

Then theres this whole conspiracy he faked it and now hes Alex Jones which is dumb but yeah.

Fuck you. I'm white and Katt Williams makes me laugh so hard that I sometimes shit my pants.

There's a really good book that spans his career called "Last Thoughts," which I recommend to anyone who is a fan. The audiobook version is read by his brother, who sounds exactly like him.

Masumoto Hitoshi, or the group Gaki no Tsukai.

Japanese comedy is far superior to western. And im a westerener.

Eddie Izzard?
Jimmy Carr?

I dunno. Comedy is different for everyone.

Tim Minchin is my favorite.

You realise you now have to die in a fire for that post. This fucker is the most needy cuck in the history of stand up. Makes me cringe every time he walks out on stage.

Not OP but his joke about spices was pretty fucking funny

One of those conspiracies designed to make CT's look crazy and discredit them

Sorry, i was taking the piss but i still felt dirty posting that

I know he's pretty divisive but I really like Ricky Gervais' stand up. I'd say Carlin is the greatest but Gervais is a personal favorite. Great podcast too.

THIS

What are you talking about?
He's still alive

in the news, all day every day.

I don't know why you're mad
It's the truth.

this guy is a classic. When he does his famous "dee dee dee" bit, my whole family erupts in laughter. Couldn't find a better comedian if you tried

Ive just become an atheist tier comedians.

They were good but now severely over rated by nirvana grade fanboyerism.

don't be mad essssaaaaayyyyy.

Dude, if you shit your pants when you laugh, you might want to seek medical help. I'm pretty sure that's a serious condition.

Rodney Dangerfield

I like Rich Hall.

I preferred Carlin in his older years 90's +, I liked him old and pissed off.

He's my #1 too.

No respect.

Carlin was good, but as a few others have mentioned, he got a little preachy. Still great though. Some less famous, but good ones include:

Tom Papa
Paul F. Tompkins
Mike Birbiglia
Christopher Titus
Eugene Mirman
Jim Jeffries
Bo Burnham (if you like abstract humor and can get past the musical one-trick-pony shtick)

Who is George Carlin??

We would be friends.

I find mirman more entertaining than funny though if that makes sense..

Yeah. I hear you loud and clear on Mirman. I think he's a great showman and has a top-tier stage presence. His actual joke writing is hit or miss, but I love his delivery and general zaniness.

Carlin was more performance art than comedy.

You realise that he's dead now, so incapable of writing NEW material, yeah?