>he has more than 20 5-star rated albums on RYM

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Zucconelli
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he has more than 500 0.5 rated albums on RYM

>over 20 5's
>they're all merzbow

>RYM

what if I have 24 and five of them are singles?

also

>he doesn't think a 10 comes out at least SOMEWHERE every year

>he uses rym
Can you just listen to music without uploading it to your cyber circlejerk database? I bet you have tattoos, you dumb motherfucker.

I only have 2

>RYM

>tfw not listening to albums RYM knows about

10s come out at least SOMEWHERE every decade though

Um, what? Music is no fun if other people can't see I'm listening to it. I don't have tattoos because I don't want my job choices to be restricted to barber and barista.

>inflated ratings

>tfw listening to obscure albums from Discogs that aren't in the RYM database and deleting them once some avant-teen adds them to RYM

>as if discogs' more stringent standards don't result in rare stuff almost always being on RYM first instead

RYM is "easier" for adding new releases but generally worse for when you submit corrections or try uploading cover art.

>see someone give an average album a 5/5
>click their account
>over 500 5/5 ratings

>See user give MBDTF a 1/10
>He's a metalhead
>check his 5 star ratings
>First result is an ABBA album
>"if Kubrick made music"

So much this.

Conversely
>acclaimed album is rated middlingly
>clicks profile
>over 1,000 1.0 ratings and 25 4.0 ratings

10s are albums that are literally perfect in your eyes, albums that do not a single thing wrong
If you have one of these every year you're not listening to music critically enough

Does this count nitpicks or not?

Good old Qwerty
Why are metalheads over the age of 30 always both the biggest plebs and the biggest assholes about taste?

Define nitpick

"Well, I'm not that big a fan of this one line in the middle of a 10 minute song"

You're just memeing at that point, so I suppose not.

I've seen combinations of these two.

>Only gives albums a 5/5 or 0/5, absolutely zero albums rated in the middle
>Rates bad albums at .5/5, everything above that being varying degrees of good
>Runs through artists entire discography giving .5/5 ratings to conflate review count

Some people are fucking stupid

Why is the bellcurve fad so popular on RYM? Makes no sense, why not a linear triangle or a flat line instead?

Why are curves a fad on RYM to begin with?

It's a quick judgement of others.

idiot here, can you explain what a bell curve is regarding rym reviews?

Reminds me of Wonkydude98. I hope when that guy grows up he just creates a new profile as I want it to stand as a testament for idiocy everywhere. The decisions this kid comes up with are downright adorable.

>Rate a song a 1/10 until you hear it on headphonew, then bump it to a 6/100
>actually gives a few albums a negative score
>Inverse bell curve scoring for a complete lack of nuanced viewpoints
>pop music everywhere
>reviews that fill space with coherent nothings

He's not just A madman, he's THE madman.

The idea is to have a scoring chart that balances on 2.5 or 3.0 out of five so you can have a balanced approach to musical scoring.

Also, it's a quick judgement of others as I said earlier.

>he has even one 5/5 album

Retards, the potential for artistic development hasn't been reached. No existing work deserves 5/5 or is even close.

>he has no 5-star ratings on RYM out of principle

rateyourmusic.com/~Zucconelli

Avant-teenies like this guy are but part of the reason why RYM will never be the go-to place for bleeps and bloops music.

When I post a rate an album a 10, no matter what there's some subjectivity to it. I gave this a 10, even though 2 tracks are weaker than the rest of the album. I wouldn't give it a 9 thought, because the album as a whole I feel is a 10.

the one and only reason why RYM isn't good for bleeps is because we're not allowed to use discogs as a reference

>not having one 5-star rating, to symbolize the pinnacle of the artform.
Every medium has flaws, therefore that with the least flaws can be categorized as perfect.

+ having a rockist community that doesn't care about singles and EPs as much as they do about albums, which leaves us with people like

I usually don't get triggered by rating distributions
But what the fuck

>that with the least flaws
>perfect
user I don't think you understand what perfect means. just because we will never reach it doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it tho

Literally pic related.

>1.5 / 5
>"enjoyable"

Like I understand having your own personal rating scale, but that's not how the rating works on the fucking website.

This person is either super autistic, doesn't understand how a 1-10 scale works, or doesn't care. Or perhaps all of the above.

so glad I'm far and above RYM autism now

>If you have one of these every year you're not listening to music critically enough
No, there is no right way too listen to music. If I don't want to read into the meaning of a band's lyrics it doesn't mean I'm not critical enough.
It means I don't care about the meaning and enjoy the song regardless.

Given up on music, huh?

You must consider how many stuff he has listened to as well tho.

>he thinks he's superior for having less than twenty 5 star albums

Low ratings aside, this guy seems alright.
Definitely not an avant-dweeb.

Because they're old and lazy, so they don't like improving, they just call out everyone else.

you are the cancer that has killed RYM

>4.5 "Perfect"
>5.0 "Perfect/Personal favorite"
Or some shit like that, I hate when people only gives fives to "personal favorites".

No, he gives low rating just because he knows that otherwise his taste wouldn't be ""special"" at all. Look at his 4.0's, most of them are popular albums with a lot of 5.0's, but he wants to be ""different"".

Shit like this is anything but alright.

>2012 was five years ago

What's wrong? He rated your EP 2 stars?

>top rated releases are generic Sup Forumscore and RYMcore
This has to be a troll account, right?

>He applies a numerical rating to music

>>top rated releases are generic Sup Forumscore and RYMcore
This is true for the majority of RYM users

If there was an optional rating system that was double thumbs up, thumbs up, and thumbs down, I would use RYM

What a lazy rating system

what can I say I'm a lazy person

should just have a green button and a red button tbfh

RYMtard genocide when?

>optional rating system
>optional
I don't see the point in figuring out if I should rate something 6/10, 7/10, or 8/10

This is the only correct way to rate music. Why would someone lose their time on debating if one album is shit for a 1 but not shit enough for a 0.5? Better focus on how good it is, and by having more ratings available for that makes it more accurate.

>

>1/5
>20%
>enjoyable
You're better off just inventing a different rating system altogether without any ties to number of stars or anything. There's no point to using RYM if you have an entirely different rating scale

This is the cancer that destroyed RYM

if you have a rating system like this, RYM automatically sets your rating weight to 0%, so it won't affect the average at all
retards

Do you have proof of this?

Nice meme.

it's in the FAQ

this doesn't tell me anything you dolt

Thanks

:^)

Check 'em

Oh hey, someone who actually likes music!

Forgetting this nigg

What.

i cant name a single album i think is completely perfect - I've listened to my favorites enough to find the faults in them. They're still 10s though.
post your top 5 please

If something is a 96%, it would be a 5/5 on a 10-point scale

You could still do that with the system they have though, people do it all the time, you don't need to use every number

If you just want those three options, just use 5, 3.5 and 1.5 or something and ignore all the other numbers

My ratings are my personal purposes, I just use RYM because it's convenient and sometimes useful

But I admit sometimes it is a little disheartening to realize my ratings don't actually fit the site's norm so they don't really impact anything

Like, some of my all-time favorite albums I can actually be bringing the average down because most people only rate 3.5 and 4 for albums they don't like and 4.5 and 5 for albums they do

And really, a lot of the sorts of people who like exploring music are going to have "harsher" rating scales most likely for their personal cataloguing purposes but then it means that every esoteric album at the top of the charts is just music you play in elementary school music class and the experimental or obscure stuff is deep in the charts

i dont use the charts anymore
i exclusively go on peoples profiles that made lists or good reviews
so these sorts of harsh profiles are really helpful

>most people only rate 3.5 and 4 for albums they don't like
What?

>hurr you like too much music!
Why are rym autists so retarded?

They're jealous

As in, people believe that those low ratings are for albums you hate so they avoid them but actually you should use the entire scale so that it's useful and there's more diversity in the charts...like it's completely impossible that if people were using the entire scale, the albums at the top of the charts would have the scores they do...but it's viewed on their scale that if you rate something like A Love Supreme a 3.5, you're giving it a bad score, it puts pressure on users to rate things highly to conform to the norm

Like there's albums in the Top 100 on RYM that I've given 2's or 2.5's and I don't think they're bad at all...they're just nowhere near the level of thousands of other albums I've heard, but to the system it looks like a troll rating

I don't see why anyone would be jealous on a music enjoying level of someone who just blindly loves everything and can't discern the differences between things and how they feel about about the music they listen to

But if you mean jealous on a level of wishing they could have the general ease of life of all the Chads on Sup Forums who can just vaguely engage in life but still get just as much out of it (in the relative sense), then sure, probably

>he rate music

If you listen to 100 albums then you're meant to have around that many 5*. All 5* it means is that they're in the upper 20%.

>and can't discern the differences between things and how they feel about about the music they listen to
What the fuck does that even mean?

>he cares this much about people rating music

I haven't given a 10/10 since 2007

Stop projecting retard

rym is for pseuds