Cubs win the Series

>Cubs win the Series
>board isn't populated with an inordinate number of JUST or angsty-song-lyric posts with pictures of distraught Cleveland fans or players

Does it mean this series was actually a good one that was well fought?

yes

no, just that the cubs winning was more memeable than the indians losing

Yes

The only salt is from Europeans

Or does it mean that nobody cares?

Fuck off France you have no sports.

>haha nobody cares
>couldn't just ignore the thread and post in some faggy divegrass thread instead

The lack of MLB banter really shows the unimportance of boreball tb.h

I said yesterday to a spanish poster the boreball shitposting would be over in 3 days. Actually I was wrong, it was over in 3 hours.

No one cares about spergball except old people and said spergs

They were there though. They died almost Immediately though because no one replied and there were so many threads

kek

What is it like living in a one sport nation?

Nobody gives a fuck about boreball here cause we're not 50 year old senile men

Because I am not a faggot who tries to callously mock another team with stupid memes, who fought just as hard as the winners and lost by the narrowest of margins.

If Cleveland won I wouldn't have even been mad.

Be better if you were 2bh.

Finally, a leaf that makes sense!

This semen slurping sport will die once most of the Baby Boomers kick the bucket, which shouldn't be too far off.

>Does it mean this series was actually a good one that was well fought?

exactly

this

Considering most people thought the memeland indians were going to get swept by the best team this season, but instead the indians made a 8th inning rally and took the scrubs to extra innings in game 7, i would say they did pretty good. Personally, i think if there wasn't a delay, the Indians would have won the game. The rain killed the momentum they had.

ayy

The problem isn't baseball but young millenials. These are the same people who enjoy YouTube celebs, video game competitions and capeshit. It's actually nice knowing baseball doesn't connect with these dumb-dumbs.

I can tell you've never been in the general.

"i only like basketball"

t. Everyone in Cleveland Nov 3rd, 4 squared plus 2000

i was driving home from a minor league hockey game otherwise i would have made threads with this guys face

>Implying that Baseball is some sort of intellectual sport.

Oh I am laffin. Even handegg requires more intelligence than Boreswing.

Cubs fan here

Tbh, I didn't feel like memeing the JUST and CRAWLING with the injuns unless it was an injuns fan complaining.

They played a great series that was hard fought until the end.

Now the Dodgers on the other hand I will relentlessly shit on through out this whole offseason.

>senile
>50 years old
sorry about your wet brain bro

it was a really comfy game 7

glad it was the only baseball game I watched this year

Leaveland had the 28th worst attendance in the entire league they did not deserve to win it.

Dont pretend like leafs liked the jays before 2014 though

For sure.

Everyone is more interested in hockey here. Other sports are essentially meme status and only get attention when the teams are slightly relevant.

It means that the Cleveland Indians were underdogs in every series and suffered injuries prior to it. They were not the most winningest team in mlb history like the Warriors were nor did they have the first '''unanimous''' MVP like curry. No one expected them to win and they got it to 7 games.

also it was a plucky underdog rustbelt city against the third biggest town in the nation

...Which hadn't won a world series in 108 years and until recently was a Basement team.

Face it, the Cubs are the Cinderella Story to end all Cinderella Stories.

chicago is not a rustbelt city m8

the 4th highest payroll in the league winning is not cinderella that would be like the rays or the A's winning the WS

I know what you meant and you know what I meant

they have huge natural advantages. they are going to turn into the post-2004 Red Sox and drop giant piles of cash and win constantly. They are in no way a Cinderella and you'll feel stupid in 5 years when Chicago is the new Bawwston and you hate all their teams.

but it was literally a dying rustbelt city of 389,521 going against a metropolis of 2.72 million.

The bad guys one and the stupid hicks from ohio lost again

After a lifetime of watching them in the gutter, I don't mind.

>pictures of distraught Cleveland fans
First you need to find Cleveland fans, yesterday the stadium was full of blue shits, at the end it looked like the game was being played in Chicago.

>baseball
>in the year 2016 after death of our lord and savior jesus christ

Dude. Have you SEEN Chicago? It's hardly a metropolis.

Take your NBA win and be happy with it.

>Cubs
>Cinderella Story

Nah, No one is topping Leciester winning the Premier League. Unless they win the Champions League.

it's a world class city, holy fuck are you reaching

Either way, it has little to do with the quality of the team. Look at the Mets.

Yes, as a Cubs fan I can say the Injuns put up a hell of a fight and had us looking pedestrian at times

It was not easy, but no great things in life are. Thank you Cleveland. I'm sure you can win over the next few years - just hope you don't have to do it against the babby burrs.

This was a rare occurrence where both teams actually deserved winning. I doubt cleveland will be mocked for the 3-1lead cus cubbies offense truly was inspiring. As an Indians fan, I like to think there was a little meme magic in there but I'm just a sore

>There's always THAT NU-MALE
You have to go back, muchacho

The lack of niggers killing people for no reason in France is somewhat impressive.

are you the hue systematically hating on French?

After that game-tying camera-smashing homer from Davis that he cobbled from that goofyass low outside pitch, I would not have felt cheated if muh cubes lost.

Literally nobody cares.

It might have mattered if Lestah, the undeniably better story, hadn't happened this year

Cubs are the most expensive roster. Cleveland had the cheapest roster.

Cubs winning have lost their team identity. Enjoy the win because in a few months you wont give a shit and soon you'll bandwagon something else

It means more that Sup Forums has gone to shit and almost nobody here is funny or creative enough to make stupid funny shit like that.

of course he is, you can recognize easily he can't make more than two posts without saying "niggers"

Because the cubs losing would have been far more entertaining. Who the fuck cares about the indians? Outside of muh Lebron bandwagoning and muh shitty city nobody cares. The cubs losing in tragic fashion would have caused way more asshurt

That's because Cleveland fans are used to this shit, despite the Cavs winning.

>Personally, i think if there wasn't a delay, the Indians would have won the game. The rain killed the momentum they had.
So what you're really saying is ...

God, himself, wanted the Cubs to win.

>Really makes you think.

>Cubs winning have lost their team identity. Enjoy the win because in a few months you wont give a shit and soon you'll bandwagon something else
Yeah, you're probably right. I bet Cub's attendance will drop to nothing just like when they sucked ...

... oh wait ...

id class myself as a hardcore sports fan and i only realised the world series was on about an hour ago

>id class myself as a hardcore sports fan and i only realised the world series was on about an hour ago
I've got news for you, hun.

>Now the Dodgers on the other hand I will relentlessly shit on through out this whole offseason.
>this obsession

108 years and you can finally say something without people laughing at you

congrats

You can't take it with you. Wanting to never actually win so you can always strive and fail is like saving your money until the day you die. If you don't spend it at some point, what good did it ever do you?

It is about the journey, not the destination, but you have to get there at some point. 108 years is long enough.

post yfw minutes after cubs won da owl

Atleast the Giants didn't win, fuck them to death. I hope their nigger franchise never sees a World Series again

>mfw I idly shook a fucking rain stick and the rain literally started a minute later

Not even joking, it was weird.

>underdog

>3-1

pottery

>4 stickies
>catalog filled with Cusb celebration threads throughout the night
>no banter

YGSIU

That's because the Indians were the good guys who every neutral fan was pulling for. Since the bad guys won, it's like ... eh, whatever.

>YGSIU

Daily reminder that the Cubes saved baseball by winning after the legendary bad call by the ump that directly lead to 2 runs for Cleve in G7.

Can't wait for robots to take over.

Want call? Completely neutral fan here. The only one I remember is the ump calling ball 4 on a strike 3 pitch in the zone to Bryant in the 5th, after which Rizzo hit him in on the next at bat.

Each team had a couple bad calls.

29-year-old lifelong baseball fan here.
That was probably the best game I've ever watched.

kek. Lets be honest here. Luckswing is shit compared to soccer.

It means that we're not good at talking shit.

Seriously, now that the Cubs have won, I feel like I owe Cleveland some trash-talk. The only trash-talk I know is telling Tardinals fans that their city sucks.

I actually kinda' like the Indians, and they're probably my favorite AL team. I think their team is extremely fucking good. Idunno, um...

Terry Francona looks kinda' like Mister Magoo.

Because this World Series was the most competitive, hard-fought one in recent history, and if the Indians lost, they still have a lot to be proud of. It was exciting 'til the end.

>t. A Cubs fan with a sense of sportsmanship

Besides, Cleveland isn't an insufferably annoying team like the San Francisco Giants.

Basically. It's not like we beat a team everyone hates, like the Yankees, Red Sox, or Giants.

>That feel when listening to 92.3 The Senpai when I was at work today

MLB is dead, sad to say.
Nobody gives a fuck and nobody will for at least a while.
Before you say some shit like "hurr durr but da cubes" realize that nobody goes to games to actually watch the games anymore.
MLB has fucked so hard.

You want baseball watch NPB, that shit is actually entertaining.