Sup guys

Sup guys.
I'm going to make cannabutter tomorrow.
I have years of experience with smoking it, but this is the first time with edibles. Will be used for brownies.

ANy techniques or tips you have for making it? So far it seems like there is a lot of ways to do it, but I haven't really found a perfect way.

I think I'll be cooking it in the oven first to activate it, and then boil in a saucepan with water and butter, and let the butter cool in the fridge.

What measurements do you use? I don't have a weight, but it's about 3g that I would like to split to 6 pieces. How much butter would that be?

Other than that, weed thread.
Pic related, the bag I bought today. I live in an area where the market is shit, hence the quality.

Other urls found in this thread:

drugs-forum.com/threads/cannibutter-how-to-do-it-the-right-way.116594/
hightimes.com/edibles/ultimate-cannabutter-experiment-method-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Another pic.
drugs-forum.com/threads/cannibutter-how-to-do-it-the-right-way.116594/
This is the guide I use, but I cook it in the oven beforehand to get it all nice and activated.

Sprinkle in a little bit of aids. It unlocks the flavor

fuck ur dumb.
not something that needs to be researched to do. its sooo fucking easy
ur first mistake is trying to make edibles with actual bud. really proves u r a greenhorn. what u wanna get is the sugar leaf and trim from the plant harvest. u will not feel 3g of bud in one edible let alone 6. ur better of smoking it.

Use coconut oil instead of butter.

A crockpot is very convenient for this purpose.

Otherwise it sounds like you have a pretty good idea about what you're doing.

3g will make for some mild but enjoyable brownies.
If you wanna get fucked up, you're going to need at least 7g/Q.
If you're de-carbing it in the oven, make sure you can either digitally set the temperature or at the very least, get an oven thermometer. You do NOT want to risk burning your weed.
After de-carbing, simmer the bud in the butter/water mixture for at least 3 hours minimum.
I'm sure you know what to do to separate the budder and water, so for cooking, melt the budder and mix it with all the wet ingredients prior to baking. Don't just pour the butter over the brownie mix/whatever it is, because the distribution of THC is gonna get all types of fucked up.

Follow that and you should be good man.

what u will want:
crock pot just turn on let sit all day
coco oil or clarified butter cause it extracts better then butter
sugar leaf and trim. i like to make large batches that fuck people up so i usually do about 2oz-QP
add together and let sit all day
then strain that shit out. i like to use coffee filters.
use what u need for ur edibles and put the rest in freezer
the least amount of bud id use would be a half oz into like a 10 fl oz coco oil

This guy knows his shit OP, don't waste your 3g of bud, save up stems and shake and make edibles with all that, or look for a dealer/grower willing to sell shake

no need for water at all in the process. just melt ur coco oil or purified butter and when its a liquid submerge ur shake in it

Dude, I might not have done this before, but extracting the thc into the butter yields much more potency than smoking it. Most recipes for creating cannabutter actually recommend about 0.7-1g per piece of brownie.

Also, as I have stated, the market is shit. It's either this or hash, and personally I like green better.

The thing is, I'm doing this because I don't like smoking it. Been months since last time, and this is the first bag I've bought in even longer. I don't care if it is a waste, I won't be able to save up stems anyway. Also, if I made an entire brownie with this it would of course be weak, but I'm going to separate the brownie mix depending on the amount of butter it needs. So I'll be sitting with a few pieces of space brownies and another normal brownie. I'm not a stoner, I just want to know what the edible experience is like.

Okay, I have a thermometer, but how hot is too hot? And would I be better off just removing that process instead of risking burning it?

Will coconut oil harden in the fridge?

The water is used to contain temperature and prevent burnig any thc. As far as I understand, direct contact with the saucepan will risk too much heat.

I wouldn't waste bud on budder, at the very best they'd make like 2 or maybe 3 pretty crappy cookies.
Smoke it and get some trimmings.

What do you mean by crappy cookies?
Like in weak cookies, or a crappy high? Also according to the internet, this should be more like 5-6 cookies. And I'm lightweight af, so that will probably help too. This is for me alone.

thats shite weed
wont do shit to u

Boil a pot of water and put two sticks of butter inside. Let that melt then add your grinded weed. It needs to cook on low for at least two hours. Once time is up add lecithin to boost potency. Strait out the weed bits and poor the water/butter mixture into a container with a lid. Put it in the fridge overnight. Drain the water and its ready to use right away.

Don't listen to these fools op. If you cook it for as long as i said and follow my instructions you will have some decent butter.

Smoking sucks man, edibles are the very best.

Coconut oil will harden in the fridge but re-melt at near your body temp - just slap it back in a pot on lowest for a few minutes then proceed to cook.

That said, I usually use butter anyway, and water isn't necessary if you're watching the process - on most stovetops you're looking at something between absolute minimum heat and at most like 2/10. It should bubble and even discolour slightly but not crackle or blacken.

If you use butter, clarify it first - bring it to a boil (sort of) for a minute then remove from heat and let sit 5 min. You want the middle fraction, so skim off anything on the top, then pour the oily goodness off into another container but leave behind as much of the bottom scum as you can.

If you decarb, you only need to extract for 30-60 min. If you don't, then it's more like 2 hours to however damn long you like if you're using the crockpot super-low-heat method.

dont be a faggot
if u make thos 3g into edibles u will not get high. i promise u that.
if u smoke it u will get high, its that simple.
if u snort or smoke something it goes straight into ur bloodstream and brain. but when u eat somethings it is digested absorbed much slower and diluted by other things u consume. also effected by how big u are a body fat
no need for the water just a pain in the ass cause then u have to separate them be ether cooling or freezing.
just smoke ur weed dude. edibles arent very fun and ur going to make some weak ass brownies hahah

if you do not decarb your weed you will not get high

dont just read something online and think its the truth
iv been making edibles and hash sense i was 16. my parents used to make the best edibles
what u are going to do will not get u high. u need alot more weeed

I do a 1g of sugar leaf/popcorn bud to 15/20g of butter. I decarb in a tin foil bag (to keep smells to a minimum) I blitz the dried plant matter in a small blender then add this to the melted butter. The butter is then kept warm/hot in a water bath. after a few hours I strain off the butter through a mesh/muslin cloth. Then just use the butter as you would in 'normal' cooking.

if you're working on the idea that the weed is 10% THC then 1g should have 100mg of THC and a dose should be aprox 10mg. Obviously this works on the premis that all THC is absorbed by the butter. better to work on a 50% effieciency guide.

Hello OP,

Dutchie here.

Your post is full of shit. Putting it in the oven to "activate" it? What the fuck am I reading.

You faggots are completely clueless, enjoy your activated almonds.

Haha

hightimes.com/edibles/ultimate-cannabutter-experiment-method-1/