ITT:

Pick what you think is the best album in the world, and prove to other anons why

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?fbcsep9t96qivnn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think she's pretty sexy

Shows over everyone time to go home

>meme-50s
lmao

My dad has this album on vinyl and I legit jerked off to it when I was younger

Nice

same

I still havent found anything that compares to this. It almost ruined music for me because everything else is so inferior to its neurotic perfection.

nigger wtf this is shit lol

NOBODY LIKES YOU, SCARUFFI

t. discovered scaruffi.com last night

I didn't even know about scaruffi's rating of this, I found it on RYM actually.

But I seriously consider it one of the most brilliant pieces ever assembled. Not a single wasted second. Seriously show me an album that compares.

It's amusing that you feel the need to acuse me of Scaruffi droning (while I actively dislike scaruffi and avoid his writings) in an attempt to discredit my opinion which you can not provide counterpoint too.

Seriously, post a better album. I'm waiting.

John Coltrane — Coltrane (1962)
Not sure if your rockist mind can comprehend jazz, but it's a better album than The Meme Dance (my favorite album also, when I was 15).

>Picking jazz, the literal genre for kids who smoke weed and want to seem deep and intellectual
>Picking Coltrane, the go-to meme artist for children who want to seem like they are into something more avant-garde and progressive than typical jazz listeners
>Picking Coltrane, possibly the most contrarian album pick in not only Coltrane's library, not only the jazz canon, but in the entire history of music being put on record in order to give the illusion that your literal fetus-tier taste is somehow "unique"

Nice try bucko, but you're going to have to try a little harder than that ;)

I don't need to explain

I just really like David Bowie

Trout Mask Replica, Rock Bottom, Faust, TVU&N, The Doors, and Hosianna Mantra are all better

>Trout Mask Replica
Lol no

>Rock Bottom
Haven't listened

>Faust
Never got this one honestly

>TVU&N
Extremely influential for sure, but listening now it seems a little disjointed and there are too many middling blues tracks.

>The Doors
No way is this better. It's good but overrated.

>Hosianna Mantra
Very pretty for sure but tends to fall into the background for me.

all other albums are worse

>>Trout Mask Replica
>Lol no
oh fuck off

>Trout Mask Replica
>Lol no
Not an argument

>>Rock Bottom
>Haven't listened
today, i will show them...
mediafire.com/?fbcsep9t96qivnn

Thanks dude

Ok, fine. While TMR is definitely a unique experience, I find it pretty unbearably pretentious. While there is a certain respect I can have for an album that goes so unbelievably balls to the wall batshit insane, I still find it an absolute chore to listen too. There is very little variety throughout the entire album. I could see it being excellent maybe if there were some songs to offer some respite from the madness, but as it is I find it overlong, tedious, and unpleasant (not suggesting that all music must be pleasant, but TMR takes it to the level where I actively want to turn it off while I'm listening to it). I can deal with noisy music. I can deal with experimental music. But TMR is so far up its own artsy little ass it forgets to actually be listenable. Cool as a artifact and curiosity, but beyond that I don't think it's much. Certainly not a transcendent masterpiece that people claim it to be.

you can't seriously listen to Frownland, Moonlight on Vermont, Pachuco Cadaver, Sweet Sweet Bulbs, China Pig, Sugar 'n Spikes, Hobo Chang Ba, and Veteran's Day Poppy and say that it's not listenable
(the rest is also listenable, but those tracks are particularly accessible)

Also TMR is not in any way pretentious

pretentious: attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

>the only album to perfectly blend jazz and blues
>easily the best experimental record ever conceived
>one of the only double albums with zero filler
>some of the msot hilarious and uncomfortable moments in popular music history
>universally lauded and praised for its innovation
>unbearably pretentious

I have this album on vinyl. But I'm older then your dad.

how old are you? my dad is pretty old

I think that's about the same age actually

Ok...I was a big Cars fan in the 70's I remember when Candy-O first came out and they appeared on SNL and played 3 songs off it if I recall.

my dad was a heroin addict in the 70s : V

tell me more about what it's like to be 30+ and active on Sup Forums
Do you shitpost?
Do you ever get into pointless arguments with trolls for the hell of it?
What are your favorite boards besides Sup Forums?