NBA Finals Game 7: 18.9 rating. 31.018M viewers

> NBA Finals Game 7: 18.9 rating. 31.018M viewers

> MLB World Series Game 7: 25.2 rating. 40.015M viewers.

BTFO

hundred year old curses are a big deal

Good luck getting those ratings now that the Cusb won it.

Enjoy a slight spike early next season before everyone outside of a few teams nods off

And this was NBA's best result since Jordan. They will fall off also.

lol at expecting casual viewers to give a fuck about the same match up for the 3rd straight year and this time it will be a one sided bitch slap.

>implying the NBA matters

No one outside of inner-city urban centers gives a shit about thugball.

This. Baseball had its series finale last night. bretty good show cant wait for my favorite reruns

>that one autist that loved to brag about NBA and NFL ratings beating baseball nowhere to be found all throughout the playoffs.

Don't worry faggot, next year the LCS are gonna be Red Sox vs Yankees and Doyers vs Cubs, the WS is gonna be Yankees vs Cubs and the ratings for the LCS and WS are gonna be just as good, if not better.

I'm game for that, would be intense as shit.

>forgetting the Cardinals, Giants, Blue Jays, and Tigers exist
Your prediction will not materialize.

>giants
>odd year

forgetting that the Indians will be even better next year with Cookie, Salad Tsar and Brantley all coming back, losing maybe Napoli and Davis.

lmao holy shit wiggers will never recover

>b-boreball is dying, I swear g-guise

top kek

Will apesketball fags kill themselves if MLB starts to rig their sport so that the biggest markets/best storylines make it the champions hips like the NBA does?

Napoli and Davis are leaving, it don't matter because Indians have a fun ass baseball team.

Remember in the game they lost they had the most highlight plays, that Davis homer was stuff made of movies.

How can other sports even compete? Lmao

keep moving the goalposts back cuckhoop cuck
basedball is here to stay

Apehoop BTFO

this series was so fucking intense. in our post-recession area region, we deserved it more but chicago had better hitters and pitchers. in the end we choked but i am surprised we made it to the series.

this series was literally major league : the movie : real life.

honestly, i wanted to tribe to win once before world war III, but it's a good thing my life does not revolve around sports otherwise...

>cuckhoop
I hate newfags. Lurk more to know what it's really called.

>Deserved it more
All the Indians faggots sold their tickets to Cubs fans where they immediately turned Progressive Field into Wrigley Field East.

The Indian fanbase deserved NOTHING.

you have a good point. too many tribe fans didn't give a shit until the series, just like wealthy chicago fans.

Cuckhoop is just one of many nicknames Apesketball has gotten on Sup Forums over the years faggot.

Next year its a Yankees v. Cubs World Series that goes to 7 games though with the Yankees reverse sweeping

Superbowl 3 did a 36. Even Superbowl 1 did a 18.9 on 1 network and a 24 on another.

Is there anything more embarrassing than some faggot bragging about being here longer than others?

Parity is a beautiful thing

The last 4 WS featured 7 different teams for 8 spots.

Yeah a faggot thinking that being new is a good thing.

A faggot bragging about being here longer than others and still getting shit wrong, just like

There were also three networks to choose from back in those days, so it's not a fair comparison.

wew lads

NFL always pull off ridiculously huge numbers that apehoop and luckswing can't even come close to.

Like 45 million people willingly watched the Cardinals against the Panthers NFC championship game for some reason.

I don't know why there is so much drama over the NFL dying just for ratings being down a bit.

You now understand how pathetic the life of a cubs fan really is

Cubs are a very unique story it's not a surprise they pulled massive ratings. The only equivalent in nba would be Knicks who could pull numbers like that. But there's a reason nba got a $24 billion deal cause it's pulls better national ratings throughout the season

>basebore
>coonsqueak
>relevant

Pick none

dumb handeggposter

> Knicks

Stop this myth. 1994 NBA Finals and 1999 NBA Finals are two of the worst rated Finals in history. The 1994 Finals is best known for being interrupted to show the OJ Simpson car chase. No one gives a fuck about the fucking Knicks.

And stop using the Cubs attraction as some sort of stick to beat the MLB with when its actually a advantage for baseball due to its rich history. No other sport compares.

Cavs never won a title and they even aired a fucking 30 for 30 about the sports city curse conveniently a couple of months beforehand yet they still got raped in numbers. They were up against the greatest regular season team in history with the first ever unanimous MVP and they still got crushed. Lebron James is a top 2-5 most popular athlete in the fucking world and by far the biggest sports star in America right now and he was clinching a title for his fairytale hometown team and they still got owned.

And with all due respect to the Indians, this isn't even the best possible match up for the MLB to maximise the rating/viewers like the Cavs/Warriors was for the NBA.

>comparing Knicks then vs now
Theyve made the playoffs like 2 out of the past 16 years. If they ever make the finals now it would be a huge deal

>stop using the Cubs attraction as some sort of stick to beat the MLB with when it'd actually advantage for baseball due to its rich history
If you think the Cubs aren't the reason for the big ratings your delusional. World series ratings have been horrible for a long time and its only because of the Cubs people tuned in

Who knows? The NBA had its worst ratings ever during the first four Spurs series but they managed to recover thanks to Lebron.

>comparing Knicks then vs now

They were competitive then, they're hot garbage now.

No one gives a shit about the Knicks, not even New Yorkers, were the Knicks are like the 6th option.

>2012: Gints vs Tiggers
>2008: Philthies vs Rays
>2014: Gints vs Royals
>2010: Gints vs Rags
>2015: Royals vs Mets

Seems to me like the Giants are the Spurs of MLB desu

No they wouldn't. You are really overrating the Knicks appeal. Where the fuck did you get this idea from anyways?

And yes I already said that its because of the Cubs. The Cubs, along with the Braves have fans all over the country and are practically America's teams due to TBS and WGN. Those two, along with Yankees and Red Sox will always bring in big numbers. Not sure what the issue is, thats natural no?

In Baseball popular teams bring in big numbers.
In Basketball popular players bring in big numbers.

In this case NBA had more star power versus MLB having only one extremely popular team versus a pretty poorly supported Indians. YET they still got crushed.

I'm a huge baseball fan, but we won't see this happen on a regular basis. Baseball is an incredibly regional sport, if your home team isn't playing then you generally don't care. It's very different from basketball, where people just watch the star players, or football, where most teams have as much of a connection to the community as your local McDonald's restaurant (with some exceptions, like the Bears/Packers/Eagles).

The matchups with nationwide appeal in baseball are Yankees-Red Sox or a playoff matchup with a really interesting story (like the Cubs winning the WS).

Anyone else getting tired of hearing about "its cause of the Cubs" as if the NBA didnt have a once in a lifetime storyline either with LeBron finally winning one for Da Land versus the greatest regular season team in NBA history

How much do you weigh?

It's just deluded cuckhoop enthusiasts latching on to any excuse they can find.

After years of crowing about baseball's imminent death and apesketball getting good ratings, to get BTFO so thoroughly must be agonizing.

I'm surprised some of these faggots haven't killed themselves desu.

>mfw Cubs vs Red Sox WS next year destroys monkeydunk's ratings again.

>Tigerz
Meme team that people only watch in the summer when Wong's and Lions aren't playing.

>Ray's
Lol tampa sports

>Phillies
Typical Philly team, nobody gives a shit unless they're from Philly

>Gints
Lol at San Francisco sports

>Royals
Ugly city, ugly fans. Nobody likes them.

>Rags
Do I have to even explain?

>Mets
Gay faggot team that only underdog dicksuckers (aka same people as cubs fans) like. Not even the best NY team.

Baseball is dead anyway, nobody watch's or gives a shit

Samefag

For the NBA every little thing went perfectly. They would literally not change a single thing. Shit was a perfect storm for them.

Yet they got cushed by the Cubs versus the fucking Indians. Could you imagine if it was the Red Sox like everyone expected?

Some dude posted the past few World Series Ratings up above. Youbjumped from 12 mil to 40 mil. 40 mil obviously isn't standard. There is a reason people keep saying boreball is dying

how crazy was sp when the cubs won?

missed it

It was watched so much because it was the Cubs v the Indians. Why are you having trouble processing that?

The past few World Series were the Giants and a marching order of small market teams and the Philthies who've been unlikable bottom-feeders since forever.

Notice how missing from that list are:
>2007
Red Sox
>2009
Yankees
>2011
Cardinals
>2013
Red Sox

> Indians

Stop it. It really wasn't. They were just there along with the ride.

A Cubs-Red Sox would have been even better rated. It even has a better storyline with Theo and both curses plus you have Ortiz final season talk in the background.

It was watched because it was the Cubs

FTFY

If it was Cubs vs Red Sox the ratings would've approached OWL numbers

Nobody really cared about the Indians' curse. Especially after Lebron broke Cleveland's

Red Sox and Jays would have been far better match-ups.

>It was watched so much because it was the Cubs v the Indians

Just like the NBA Finals get ratings because LeBabby is involved.

I can guarantee a ratings nightmare for the NBA if say teams like the Rockets or Knicks were to meme their way past the Warriors and LeBrons.

>watching cuckslam at all

> that flag

Or if the Pacers had beaten the Heat in 2013 or 14

there's no such thing as a regional sport. if you only care to watch when your team is playing then you don't like baseball.

>indians
probably one of the worst teams MLB could have asked for in terms of ratings, if it was the yankees or red sox a game 7 would have had twice the viewers

Not anymore though since the curse is over, cubs vs yankees or red sox now would probably pull similar ratings to this year, and that's as good as it's going to get

Guess I don't like baseball then. Should've not watched this sport the last 17 years.

>NBA execs faces when Pacers vs Spurs looked like a real possibility

>no sauce
>NBA trending down until LeBabby showed up anyways

that's the Cardinals

Nah m8, I'm a Venezuelan running away from the gommunism.

>years gnats win raitings fall

not surprising

Agreed. This was baseball's big finale. It's only downhill from here.

Besides even the people what watched, many were complaining about the length of the game.

It was still the most watched non-NFL game of anything since 1991.

Baseball will never be as big as it used to be but it still has a sustainable audience, great young players and it can draw big numbers in big markets series.

lol nba playoff ratings as a whole is much better than mlb

and the world series was that high only for the cobs

that rain delay for a single drop of water was for the sole purpose of giving people time to call their friends to say "you watching this?"