Why weren't we treated as a historical moment when we won it all?

Why weren't we treated as a historical moment when we won it all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P97YGzkCRj4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you're the embodiment of niggerdom in chicago. the whites finally won when the cubs won

Because we weren't a dumpster fire for an entire century and Wrigley is basically Six Flags for drunkards

88 years compared to 108 years.... do the math!

Cusb had Peter Venkman

Because no one cares about blacks

>ITT bitter sox fans who lost their only remaining retort

Enjoy the spacious openness of Guaranteed Reply Field.

>tfw white sox become irrelevant because Cubs won 1 WS
The cubs fanbase was already bigger even after the Sox world series. Imagine how many kids in chicago won't give a fuck about them now after this WS. Should relocate somewhere else. Chicago doesnt need 2 mlb teams.

>tear down Cominsky Park
>expect to be historical

this
considering the fact the sox despite having the undisputed best team in baseball and a lock for a WS in 05' couldnt draw a crowd large enough to break into the top half of attendance. Its obvious no one cares about them in chicago.

Because the Red Sox did it the previous year by reverse sweeping their biggest rivals and having a rich history of coming up short like when they were one strike out away against the Mest.

The White Sox meanwhile did it with a 11-1 record in the playoffs

Nobody cares. In 2005, when you won the World Series, the Cubs still had higher attendances. It sucks, because the White Sox are a team with a lot of history, but you guys really got fucked over by white flight out of the South Side.

Weren't they going to move to Indianapolis or Florida in the early 1990s?

>Should relocate somewhere else

And now some recommended locations:

Indianapolis
Memphis
New Orleans
Charlotte
Salt Lake City
Portland

New orleans is the best answer.

Angels fan here: I thought the Sox were really popular in Chicago?

Feel bad for you guys. It's nice not to split markets with someone else.

>I thought the Sox were really popular in Chicago?

They aren't. They've been playing second fiddle to the cubs for decades now. The problem is that they're based in the South Side, which has the vast majority of the city's black and mexican population. Those two ethnic groups traditionally like baseball far less than whites and asians.

I'm beginning to get worried about this. Our fanbase is leaning on non existent right now. Imagine all the fair weather fans leaving for the cubs right now. I can't stand it.

Mexicans around here love baseball though.

I always thought they were like the Mets

>Indianapolis
Not a big enough metro.
>Memphis
Definitely not a big enough metro.
>New Orleans
See Memphis.
>Charlotte
Braves territory.
>Salt Lake City
LOL might as well put it in a small backwoods town with a triple digit population.
>Portland
Not a big enough metro and too close to Seattle.

MLB isn't like the NFL or NBA where you can put it in a city of 200,000 people with a metro population of 1.5 mil. There are 81 home games for outdoor ballparks capable of holding 35,000-45,000 people. Any city for a prospective MLB franchise has to be big as fuck with a big ass metro.

you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

> memphis
has a basketball team
>new orleans
one of the highest attended football teams in the country and louie loves college baseball so an mlb team would be great.
>charlotte
fuck them
> salt lake
no
> portland
stupid hipsters will never pull themselves away from their facebook machines long enough to enjoy a manly thing like sports.

>Not rocking a crisp White Sox fitted and Bulls starter jacket

Step your fucking game up plebs

t. nigger

Right on the feels

Las Vegas white sox?

vegas will never get a baseball team.

Nigger wtf you talking about? Beaners love baseball. You ever been to a dodger or padre game?

My dubs say yes

In that case why was the Red Sox curse a bigger deal than the White Sox curse

In the end it all comes down to who has the money, Cubs were on WGN and ruled most of the suburbs.

White Sox are the Black and Brown team, players, fans, neighborhood.

If it makes you feel any better, Obama cared more about it. I mean when it comes to actual influential people who will be cared about in 2000 years the White Sox win hands down.

Just throw a 3rd one in the Bay Area. San Jose Redwoods or some bullshit

>Salt lake city white sox
Sounds comfy. I fucking hate faggots in slc who root for the Rockies.

>Mexicans don't like baseball
Homeboy's never been to a Dodger game.

Just do a google image search of "Dodger fans"

A lot of Chicago Hispanics are Puerto Ricans, and Ricans are a basketball crowd

Do they worship Urias and Gonzalez?

you're just going more and more retard
puerto rico fucking loves baseball, it's their sport. and boxing

Did you even read my post?

Let me repeat myself:
>MLB isn't like the NFL or NBA where you can put it in a city of 200,000 people with a metro population of 1.5 mil. There are 81 home games for outdoor ballparks capable of holding 35,000-45,000 people. Any city for a prospective MLB franchise has to be big as fuck with a big ass metro.

That's not the rule around the country

Arizona, San Diego, Houston, and Miami are all full of Spics and they have low attendance

The cheap seats at Dodger Stadium are more Mexican than Mexico.

I didn't know Chicago and LA were the same city.

We learn something new everyday.

>Miami
Difference between Mexicans and Island Mexicans

Also a lot of Mexicans are Dodgers fans nationally because of Fernando. So when the Dodgers come to town in Arizona and San Diego, the seats are packed with Dodger fans.

As for Houston, no one of any race in Texas cares about sports that aren't football.

>Those two ethnic groups traditionally like baseball far less than whites and asians.

definitely true for blacks. If the white sox want to get a bigger following in Chicago they're going to have to have a black star or two.

Tim Anderson just came up this season and looks pretty good, he'll probably be the shortstop for a long time, but he doesn't really profile as a superstar, just a solid player. He's still fairly new to baseball though so he could be great.

mexicans in Chicago are not too big on baseball at all. Most puerto ricans live in the north. When I lived in bucktown a few years ago the split seemed pretty even between sox and cubs, maybe slightly more cubs fans, but now I'm sure the puerto rican fans will heavily lean towards the cubs.

t. spic white sox fan

> The Las Vegas Pete Rose Experience

lol the fucking ghetto ass niggers of the southside with a shitty younger sibling mentality.

sorry you didnt have wgn for national broadcasting, fun bars nearby or like, an ethnic group not known for shooting people constantly around your stadium.

- former south sider that was too white for this shit

Did Scub fans congratulate the Sox in '05?

if the NHL thought it was a good idea to put a team on the ice, surely baseball, america's fucking pasttime can survive there

We barely noticed. There were some half-hearted "good for them"s, but nobody really cared.

>Miami

That's because we like the Yankees. They were popular in Cuba even before the revolution, and the Marlins didn't even exist until the 90s, so the Yankees dominated the city from 60s to the 90s and in a lot of ways they still do. Cubans love baseball, we just don't love the Marlins.

Florida when the owner wanted a new stadium

>toronto is large
> cleveland is large
> seattle is large
> tampa bay is large
> st. louis is large
> kansas city is large
neck yourself

NHL has half the games. its easier to draw crowds on a more regular basis that way

>seattle white Sox
Fucking disgusting!!! Plus they already have a team.

Yes, I said that Mexicans traditionally like it less, not "they don't like it at all". Especially in Chicago, although I know that it's different in LA. Also, I'm a little annoyed that everyone is assuming that this retard who thinks Puerto Ricans don't like baseball is me.

>this buttmad cusb fan is so upset at the thought of having another team play in the same city that he posts this nonsense

I have yet to see proof that outside LA, Hispanics like boreball

>Plus they already have a team.
Citation needed

what about the dominicans in new york, they breathe baseball

I'm sure the puerto ricans love it as well
I would say the Cubans in Florida, but the marlins have no fans so maybe not.

>Why was the Red Sox curse a bigger deal than the White Sox curse

Because the Sox went to four world series and lost all of them in game 7 heart breakers and were the rivals of the most famous sports team in history

The White Sox have a great history but they cant compete with just being fucking shit for 4 decades to genuine heartbreaks

Baseball is the most popular sport in Cuba and the Dominican Republic by far. It's also the most popular sport in Venezuela and Puerto Rico.

>I would say the Cubans in Florida, but the marlins have no fans so maybe not.

We're baseball fans, we just like the Yankees instead of the Marlins. Even Fidel was/is a huge Yankees fan.

>we just like the Yankees
that's gay as fuck, kill yourself

>not big enough metro

Then explain the Diamondbacks

Why? The Marlins didn't exist until the 90s. Our grandparents came here in the 1960s, when Miami had no team, so naturally they kept supporting one of the only MLB teams to get any real exposure in Cuba, the Yankees. It helps that the Yankees signed El Duque in the late 90s too, imo it kept a lot of young Cuban-Americans with the Yankees instead of gravitating towards the Marlins.

It's punishment for throwing a World Series. Eat it.

>toronto isn't large

It is, check pic related

Oops, here's pic

I'm in SLC right now for work, why are there so many fuck ugly/weird looking people here?

>ignoring suburbs

Congratulations on knowing some baseball trivia

Still bigger than Dallas and only slightly smaller than Boston and Philly. That's a large city practically anywhere on earth, except maybe China.

>mfw they move the White Sox to Alabama and call them the Barons

>mfw I have no face because nothing this fortunate will ever happen to Alabama.

Inbreeding

>salt lake city
Yo fuck you, SLC has an insanely popular ball team and would be an excellent relocation for the white Sox. Mormons fucking adore baseball.

Also Babe Ruth was the origin of the Red Sox curse, and he's basically the mythical god-king of the sport.

This. It would've been forgivable if the new stadium wasn't dead average tho.

>It helps that the Yankees signed El Duque in the late 90s too, imo it kept a lot of young Cuban-Americans with the Yankees instead of gravitating towards the Marlins.

Damn, I miss that guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=P97YGzkCRj4

>he doesn't know about the based Salt Lake Bees

and you all yourself a "baseball" fan, l m a o

seriously the bees sell out tons of games, people love it here.

The Seahawks you retard

How about the mariners???? Does anyone here know shit about baseball??

Phoenix Metro has like 5 million people dude.

If it's not top 10 in the country population wise, it's close. definitely top 15.

He's making a joke about how irrelevant the Mariners are.

Except they're not?

San Francisco only has 800k people

Nice try

mariners will be good as fuck in 2017 mark my words,

t. cubs fan

They are

>being this retarded

>Indianapolis
pls no. I don't want Cox fans all over my state

The White Sox are just bland. Bland stadium, bland parking lot surroundings, bland lack of color, bland history of losing. Why would anyone want to be a fan?

>neck yourself
anyone who says this is an idiot

Toronto is one of the largest cities in North America.
Seattle is also large.
St. Louis has no other pro sports, and the Cardinals are historically the best team in the NL going back decades. They are a special baseball city, you can't expect the same result elsewhere.
Cleveland and Tampa both have terrible attendance.
and KC had bad attendance until recently when they started contending for the World Series.

>bland history
They may be losers but their history is the opposite of bland

>new franchise is happening because Vegas is an excellent place for hockey
hilarious, friendo. a new team was happening SOMEWHERE, they just threw a dart at the map and it just so happened to land in Nevada.

>BASEBALL IS JUST BLAND
ftfy. No one gives a fuck about baseball anymore, especially not a shit tier team that literally took a CENTURY to get their shit together.

as a Tribe fan I can affirm that no one likes the Who Sox.

>tfw Comisky family used to live near me
>tfw seeing the stadium become another corporate owned shitstorm
>tfw seeing the Sox go down after Ozzie left as manager
I feel really bad for the White Sox

Because there was no "white sox curse" for TV/Media to play upon. There was just 88 years of being a shit team.

The Cubs had the billy goat, bartman, harry carey, etc etc to play upon. The Red Sox had the curse of the bambino, the yankee rivalry, aaron boone, and coming back from 3-0 to play upon.

It's a simple answer.

>black sox

that was a team willingly throwing a game, no one cursed them. and why would the MLB push that as a big story line?

"THE WHITE SOX HAVE FINALLY WON, THE LAST APPEARANCE SINCE THEY WILLFULLY TOOK MONEY TO CHEAT OUR GAME"

Their last appearance was in 59 my man

>Obama will be cared about in 2000 years
Okie Okie Okie doke

What part of slc?

So it says Sox, huh.
Always tought it said 'sex' and that that was the reason only obnoxious niggers wear those hats, but turns out the reason only obnoxious niggers wear those hats because it is an American sports team.

I sugest Indianapolis