Ok Sup Forums

Ok Sup Forums,
Where are the tech savvy anons at?
So I just bought an MSI gaming laptop and I'm a little nervous about which anti virus to choose.

What does Sup Forums know? Share the wealth.

Is it a good brand? I was thinking about buying one myself but incant choose between msi or an alienware (about the same price)

You got played user, the computer is the virus. You have to throw your computer out the window or else the virus will infect you will die.

Windows Defender and MalwareBytes AntiMalware. You also need common sense. Other than that youre fine.

linux is the best anti-virus.

It's got great hardware in it. I've had 3 ASUS laptops and so far I like this a lot more. I want to make sure I get the best protection for the big investment I made in it.

>gaming
>laptop
top kek

better off just building ur own. get better specs overall for a cheaper price. but anyway, as far as anti virus, i use eset and havent had any problems

Still using that one. Works pretty well, no impact on PC performance.

Interesting. I would've thought Windows Defender was more of a joke in the realm of antivirus software. On the topic of common sense, I don't install or download anything that isn't reputable (Steam, VLC, CCleaner, etc.) however i don't have a go to VPN that I trust. Any recommendations there?

Can't exactly haul my desktop to work with me.

That's why you have a gaming tower and a work laptop.

don't get one

Or a gaming tower and a gaming laptop. Because I get paid to sit around and play video games for 12 hours at work.

>gaming laptop
kys

MSi is god damn good shit.

MSI is an amazing gaming laptop. Easily better then alienware garbage. You pay for the name with alienware. Nothing in those machines are any better than anything else. An MSI or Asus that is 1500-2000 dollars cheaper has the same parts as the more expensive alienwares.

Then a gaming tower at home, and another one at work. Then you don't need to carry that underpowered and overweight piece of shit everyday

Msi computers are okay in my opinion.(I would never own one) If you need an antivirus, windows defender + malware bytes should be fine.

Thank you sir. You are a gentleman

You don't need a VPN, just don't do illegal shit at home.

Have you ever heard of travelling you fucking autist?

This person knows what they're talking about. Do not pay for any of the ridiculous anti-virus programs that slow down your computer worse than 99% of the viruses out there while not protecting you.

I need a VPN to circumvent the firewall at work so that I can do my school work. I'm not doing anything illegal.

Fuck having a antivirus. Just raw dog the internet

Bump

I work in IT Security and Malware Analysis. This is a legit pick. Windows Defender is very good, mixed with Malwarebytes and Brain. The last one is the best protection.

Thank you. I had trend micro on a previous laptop and it was using the most RAM of all programs on my computer.

Malwarebytes and avg is all you need freind

Why would you bring a gaming laptop to work so you can do school work, are you not at work to you know DO YOU FUCKING JOB. Your story doesn't add up faggot.

use internet explorer to download a torrent of norton at extratorrents, safest option there is

I can appreciate your questioning attitude toward irrelevant subjects, so allow me to explain. I work security, and I'm allowed to play games/do school work on my laptop while I'm sitting there doing nothing for twelve hours getting paid $25 per hour.

i bet this fucking tard goes out of his way to say the same shit in every thread.
probably has never even built a computer, just wants to sound l33t as fuck 2 other gamrz.
if you did any research you would realize that is the entire point of an MSI build, its specifically chosen parts in a lesser known brand for a minimal price faggot

what you going to school for/
also 25$ an hour for security work seems high where do you work/who do you work for?