Eyyy faggs, I'm buying a gun this weekend...

eyyy faggs, I'm buying a gun this weekend. so tonight's the last time i'm getting blackout drunk (because i'm liable to an hero if i do it with a gun).
What should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MCI4bUk4vuM
politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/defensive-gun-ownership-myth-114262
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/01/16/the-study-that-gun-rights-activists-keep-citing-but-completely-misunderstand/
reddit.com/r/dgu/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ckz7EmDxhtU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck this gay ass site.
i'm going back to full.chan.

>I'm liable to an hero
Don't get a gun

rather be protected, plus i get to force myself to stop drinking.

>I can't protect myself from myself
>better get a gun so I can protect myself from imaginary attackers

>the police will save me
t. liberal

And what happens if something shitty happens in life so you turn to a drink to calm your nerves then that drunk turns to 2, then 4, then 8? Friend of mine carried a handgun for years and all it took was one bad night for him to put a bullet in his skull. Be careful user.

Getting a gun to help to incentivize sobriety is a terrible idea.

Europeans can fuck off though

From?
What's the current rate of armed home invasion robberies in your area? Or do you plan on carrying it with you everywhere?

Born and raised in the US. Pull up some statistics on how often guns save lives
>protip: almost never per capita

i'll take the risk. better than being a scared fuck.
conceiving you was a terrible idea. didn't stop your fucking worthless parents from banging.
niggers nig even in the most affluent neighborhoods. you never know.

Enjoy the sweet, sweet release of eternal rest and peace.

That's a shitty argument against owning a gun for self defense

>better than being a scared fuck
And there we have it. You're too much of a terrified bitch to feel safe without a safety blanket. Do you even plan on practicing your aim?

Thank you, Jesus

>it doesn't matter if it doesn't actually help
I bet you think the wall is a good idea too

>owning a gun makes you a terrified bitch
okay, anime man, you gonna fight off armed niggers with your fists?

You mind putting out some stats? I'm guessing you're judging based on justifiable homicides, which is short sighted.

Why? Don't you want OP to kill himself?

I think a better analogy is an anti-nuke missile or car airbag, you might never use it once in your lifetime but if you're ever in a situation where you could use one, you'll REALLY wish you had one.

Owning a gun doesn't make you a terrified bitch, the reasons you expressed for wanting one make you a terrified bitch.

Are you denying that you said you were getting one because you were scared? Of something that you admitted isn't likely to happen?

Buy a lock. It's cheaper.

Those stats don't record how many crimes were prevented because the attacker KNOWS you have a gun.

>a lock
>owning a gun for reasons other than intending to use lethal force
my GOD you're retarded. but entertaining

>What should I do?

Buy the fucking gun and get drunk as fuck.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MCI4bUk4vuM
>you'll wish you had one
Do you mean you'll get shot trying to use one?

That's a retarded reason to get a gun dude

politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/defensive-gun-ownership-myth-114262

Here's an article on how the "guns save 80 times more people than they kill" statistic was created. Hard to find anything that doesn't reference that single flawed study from 1992

>added benefit
>primary reason
if you can't distinguish the 2, stop using Sup Forums, because you're either underageb& or a nigger.

>the daily show
lemme guess, some rich liberal who lives in a gated community, pays for private security, and only deals with token minorities laughs at the common man for defending himself with a gun, as has been the case since this country's founding?

If anyone tries to use a gun against someone else with a gun when they don't already have an undeniable upper-ground then they're an idiot and are clearly going to get shot. Knowing when to pull the gun and when to keep it holstered and just hand over your wallet is just as important as knowing how to use the gun.

If I'm in a situation where handing over my wallet or complying isn't going to stop me from being shot I might as well try to get a few rounds off at the other guy first.

Disclaimer: I didn't watch the full video

>muh jewish stats
you won't care about stats when you are in a shit situation

>implying you'd ever in your life get the opportunity to use your gun lethally in a justified setting
Better spend thousands on ammo down at the gun range so you can actually hit something, right? Nevermind the tactical skills that you'd need to develop to keep from getting shot yourself

Not even close

wtf, i love waiting for the police now

Do you really think that a criminal holding you at gunpoint won't notice your gun and either shoot you or steal it? Do you think you'll be able to recognize a circumstance wherein you'll need a gun before you're being held at gunpoint? Do you think that if the police find you "protecting yourself" with an active shooter on the scene will ask questions before they shoot you?

Have you considered an hero? You can't an hero when you buy a gun if you an hero now

I've been jumped multiple times. A gun wouldn't have helped the situation.

then you're a pussy, and your anecdotal evidence is shit.
whoa

Have you ever needed to?

Lol ok. How about you tell me about one of your violent encounters where a gun was the only thing protecting life and limb?

If your concealed weapon is easily noticed you're also an idiot and deserve your gun stolen.

Recognizing a situation where you can use your gun before you're noticed or you're the target isn't hard; is the gunman looking at you? Can you draw and fire before fired upon?

If you see the police roll up and you CONTINUE engaging your attacker instead of putting down your weapon and letting the police take control of the situation you're also an idiot and deserve whatever the police deem appropriate force.

>anecdotal evidence intensifies
I guess I shouldn't buy insurance, because I haven't needed it yet. I shouldn't wear my seatbelt, because I've never been in an accident. I shouldn't buy extra food or batteries, because I've never been in an emergency/bad storm. I shouldn't pay my rent more than 1 day in advance, because I've never had an incident with my bank before. I shouldn't lock my door because I've never been robbed before. I should give out my passwords, because I've never been cracked/hacked before.

It's impossible to find reliable statistics on this. The CDC study from 2013 conceded this. In some instances, you're not going to get people to admit to it. In others, you'll get people making shit up.

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/01/16/the-study-that-gun-rights-activists-keep-citing-but-completely-misunderstand/
That's a very anti-dgu article, and still the lowest they're willing to go is 108k.

reddit.com/r/dgu/
They collect news stories of dgus, good and bad. I don't know how many they have per year, but they have multiple posts a day. And that's just stories that make the news, leaving out some that might not have ever come to light.

You can't draw and fire before someone charges you with a knife. How are you going to get a shot off on the supposed gunman?

You should watch all of that video. It might help clear some of your delusions

>linking reddit

That was pretty much my point with the article I linked

wtf, I love being unarmed now

fuck a tranny might be your last chance faggot.

The article you linked put DGUs at most around 3k, which is ridiculously low.

There's a big difference between reasonable preventative measures and unreasonable ones. Do you know how many people get shot by their own gun each year?

I'll take a knife over a gun any day

no, I'd gladly paint the walls with my brains.

The article I linked picked apart the only study on the subject

Just because the correct situations to use a gun are limited doesn't mean a gun is useless for self defense.

What do you suggest I do if someone is rushing me with a knife? Use karate? Run away? Tackle them? I could do all of those while carrying a gun, drawn or holstered. You seem to think that those carrying a gun will try to use it in every hostile situation they encounter. Sure some will and they deserve what comes to them but people have the ability to gauge a situation before acting in it. Carrying a gun doesn't mean you're automatically forced to use it during every bad encounter.

you know how many people get fucked up by airbags? how many overspend on insurance? etc etc. your definition of unreasonable is "GUNS ARE SCARY AND BAD. BIG GOVT LET ME SUCK YOUR COCK. YOU"LL PROTECT ME"

>a knife with sufficiently protect me against a knife wielding attacker
>but a gun is stupid
wew lad

You should get your hands on one of these. I have one myself. It's perfect for protecting your home AND becoming an hero

i was thinking that. my only rationale for choosing it over the mossberg was the (((-berg)))

A knife is far more dangerous to defend yourself with than a gun. I'm too tired to give a fuck and look it up myself, but I've seen the numbers and the whole "your attacker will just use it against you" meme is actually true with knives. People end up far more fucked up defending themselves with knives than with nothing at all, let alone a gun.

Or at least, that's what I remember seeing. I'm going to sleep.

Probably try your best not to get stabbed in a vital area. Notice that a gun won't help you with that. The limitations on their usefulness weighed against their inherent disadvantages makes guns pretty much useless for self defense. For the same money and time that you'd need to invest a gun and the appropriate training to make the weapon useful even part of the time can be better spent on other defense techniques

>What do you suggest I do if someone is rushing me with a knife?
Draw and shoot like any sane person.
>You seem to think that those carrying a gun will try to use it in every hostile situation they encounter.
Well, you kinda have to. Never put someone in a position where they can grab your gun. So you're kinda limited......Run or Shoot.

A lock is only as good as its door.

>makes guns pretty much useless for self defense
top kek. you keep believing that. and recommend to the police that they should use knives instead.

Typical result of a knife fight:
Loser dies at the scene.
Winner dies at the hospital.

>makes guns pretty much useless for self defense

b-b-but at least I won!

I want those digits!!!

SO FUCKING CLOSE

>GUNS ARE SCARY
Lol no
>airbags
Google says 262 deaths since 1990. Google also says there were 500 gun accidents in one year. Seems like your comparison is faulty
>overpaying insurance
Lol OK

Enjoy your expensive safety blanket fag

My CCW

no, 262 deaths for something that is ONLY supposed to protect you is terrible. 500 accidents including faulty equipment, retards, alcohol, niggers, etc isn't terrible, especially because you're cherrypicking doesn't mean accidents = deaths.

>expensive safety blanket fag
poorfag BTFO

You won't be able to pull your gun before you're bleeding in the street

The police do use knives. They also use Razer's and pepperspray. Do you know how many times a the average cop draws and fires his gun during his career?

>a year
>your
>>inb4

Not everyone is as slow and sluggish as you.

For hunting right? No, wait, self defense!

/thread

>Do you know how many times a the average cop draws and fires his gun during his career?
do you? and how often do they use knives effectively?

i guess i should just give up and not even attempt to defend myself against these agile knife-wielding ninjas

>reading comprehension

I've heard some stupid ass reasons to own a gun but that takes the cake.

>reading comprehension

Do you know what year it is? 292 deaths in more that 20 years is way better than 500 deaths each year

>292 deaths for a single safety measure in a car is better than 500 yearly "accidents" with lethal weapons per year which almost inevitably involve alcohol, retards, shitskins, malfunctions, and general fuckery.
WEW

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ckz7EmDxhtU
If you think you can fire a gun faster than this then you must participate in QuickDraw competitions and have a competitive holster.

The police almost never use their knives. The tazers and pepperspray usually have it covered

I guess I should resign myself to a knifing death and not bother to own a gun. might as well be a britbong then.

Tazers don't deploy well and OC spray is laughable.

forgot to mention the C3 fail LOLOL

292 deaths in 26 years. That's less than 12 people each year for a safety feature that's used more than 5 million times each year. It's like you're allergic to critical thought.

>94% success rate
>laughable
Sure thing

it's like you're allergic to reading comprehension or distinguishing various elements.

a utility whose sole function is to save and employs without human input still KILLS that many, versus a utility whose sole function is to kill, and is subject to quite a bit of human error only HARMS that many per year.

>If you think you can fire a gun faster than this
Yeah, I can. As can most people who carry.
a) I don't carry a (very heavy) Desert Eagle
b) I have a round ready to go and don't have to rack the slide (of a very heavy Desert Eagle). Just like most people who carry.
Here's my carry weapon firing 5 rds at 21 ft in 4 seconds from a holster draw.

The US has a murder rate that rivals 3rd world countries. You'd be objectively safer anywhere in the British Isles

Yes, the opening to the tube part, opposite the handle, is pointed at the child rapist. The handle's back always points toward you. After emptying the clip into various orifices, be sure to take a trophy before the cops come to mop up.

Lol you read a stat somewhere bro?
I've been in the field and seen it fail first hand, they don't hold a charge well and the connection is always finnicky.
I wouldn't trust it at all, you would be surprised how quickly things go to shit on something simple.

12/5,000,000=0.0000024
That's 0.00024% of car accidents
I guess I should have specified it was 500 accident related gun deaths, but I figured you'd understand that I was comparing deaths to deaths.

if you eliminate niggers and spics, it's quite safe.
>objectively safer in the United Kaliphate
no thanks, bong

Right on Tazers website. They'd be sued if that information was incorrect; can you find a lawsuit?

>I guess I should have specified it was 500 accident related gun deaths
you kike, how convenient that you're retroactively turning "accidents" into "deaths". get the fuck outta here, Moishe.

you're a fucking retard.
Get your feet wet and learn how the world works.
Businesses get those stats under very specific circumstances to achieve a more favorable number, ask any LE about what they think of tazers and most will say the same. It's a nice tool to use if you know you have time on your side and control of a situation, but you'd be extremely hard pressed to find any department suggest to go for a tazer first to stop a threat.

Oddly, I'm licensed to carry a concealed handgun in my home state of Massachusetts. I can carry it almost anywhere including bars. I'm legal to used it to kill an attacker.
But if I had a stun gun, in my home, in a safe, with the battery removed, I could do a year in jail for merely possessing it.

get out of that hell hole of a state
You can't stand your ground, fuck that place.