If you dont think lil peep is the future of rap then you are on the wrong side of history

If you dont think lil peep is the future of rap then you are on the wrong side of history

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/features/rising/10001-tears-of-a-dirtbag-rapper-lil-peep-is-the-future-of-emo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is that grimes?

looks like it won't be long before lil peep is institutionalized

he said he'll die before 25

fuck you, user

hes just of the moment. but what a moment. he complete captures the collective cultural experience of a white male 20 year old. the kid who listened to pop punk and emo middle school in 2008, then yung lean, nick drake, he microphones, bones, and lil ugly mane in 2012... hes of a very specific zeitgeist and its utterly fascinating. his misogyny and cultural appropriation is a collective misogyny and and appropriation. he was the inevitable outcome of growing up with these influence. hes every "alternative" white male between 19-22. i dont think anyone else could really get this music.

fucking lol

If you dont think lil pump is the future of rap then you are on the wrong side of history

pitchfork.com/features/rising/10001-tears-of-a-dirtbag-rapper-lil-peep-is-the-future-of-emo/

It's fucking trash brozum, it's sounds like shit.

He's a singer tho

This nibba

doesnt change anything about how it captures youth culture. i completely understand the work. its perhaps the most honest thing ive ever heard. from a generation so wrapped up in irony his sincerity and corniness. the badness, the misogyny, the cultural appropriation. thats the shit white 20 year olld males hide and shame themselves for but its in us all. i honestly think hes amazing. no shit it sounds awful but thats completely besides the point.

He's literally just a shittier version of Bones.

Not all us 20 year olds want to appropriate a shitty culture nor are misogynists.

He fucking sucks

>Lil Peep is the future of emo
This has to be bait

Rap has a future?

he was good back in the days, but now he just sucks so badly

>rich parents
>enormous industry machine behind him
>coordinated music press campaign
>unavoidable online

Sup Forums is supposed to be this cynical questioning place and you guys seriously listen to / take seriously the most openly committee-made manufactured hip hop "new thing", i really don't get it, it's like earnestly discussing one direction

>wrong side of history
t. drugs fucked up your life

Ever since that "edgy" phase I went through in middle school, I've spent my days bashing that kind of behavior when the chance arises. For some reason, artists like Peep have dropped my wall of cynicism I've spent so long building up.

I found this YouTube channel called Astari which is basically a home for these kind of artists. A lot of Soundcloud guys get videos uploaded there. Most of the content is grounded in the "I'm sad/counter-culture/retro" aesthetic. When I usually would have shunned this stuff and dismissed the artists as just a bunch of fucking weirdos wasting their time, I go into most new uploads with an open mind and find myself enjoying a good amount of it.

Is this a bad thing? I'm not sure. Maybe this whole thing is cyclical. In a few years I might look back on myself now and hate my previous interests in music.

Anyways, Peep's flavour of music does seem to be a revival of emo in some ways. Hell, it got me back into accepting the edgy shit. And it's only getting more popular by the day.

I like Peep and this made me spit out my milk

>implying he wont be completely forgotten in 2 years

Wrapping everything in soaking wet towels of irony and social commentary with really short sighted views of music as a whole doesn't make it interesting or good. It sounding awful isn't at all beside the point...What you are describing sounds exactly like a gimmick which is why he will be very "of the moment" and either A) never achieve any sort of acclaim or B) die out within the next month. Just another edgy white 20 year old kid who thinks they're going to be a legendary rapper.

why are u drinking milk

you're not gonna make it user.

..the dude from Salem got a face tats?

the collective dump coming after everyone grows out of this shit like I did with OF a few years ago will blow you away

Sorry I like milk

B

astari's channel is 99% garbage

i like how the side he dyes is obviously thinner
hair has a budget

both sides are dyed now what

most rap coming out of los angeles is garbage. the whole gothboiclique makes really lazy and uninspired. him and rappers like lil aaron are gonna drop off once this whole nostalgia for early 2000s pop punk phase wears off

>mfw people shit on lil peep

enjoy your 5 pennies and never post here again

>hello im here for the job interview