Does anyone have a higher res version of this? Also what is the best song and why is it Mutilated Lips?

Does anyone have a higher res version of this? Also what is the best song and why is it Mutilated Lips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K65dRRa3GoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Mutilated Lips
>not Buckingham Green
Come on now

just watched their show in chicago. It really solidifies Buckingham Green as the best on that album.

Damn it you're right

Reminder that Quebec is objectively better than The Mollusk
She wanted to leave is also acceptable

Good fucking taste user

all of the songs are the best desu
that show is a great watch. the version of I'll Be Your Johnny On The Spot is amazing

fuck ween

the strongest contender for best track is clearly the blarney stone

LEL

fuck you

WHY SHOULD THEY I AIN'T NOBODY GOT NOTHIN' IN MY POCKET

This. IBYJOTS is also my personal fav track

Mutilated Lips is the best song as it appears on the album. Buckingham Green is a better song live.

*deletes I'll Be Your Johnny on the Spot*

mate thats a great song pls

You fucks all know what the best song is stop lying to yourself

>listening to the album version of ocean man
demo version is ten times better

*Deletes It's Gonna Be (Alright)*

Yeah I do
It's Cold Blows the Wind

Pink Eye

Ocean Man sucks for the same reason Mango Woman sucks

Yep. It's definitely the Golden Eel.

Why are anons obsessed with this particular album

Idk, they're obsessing over the wrong album.

As a pretty big Ween fan, it's the most accessible and easily the best of their 90's heyday. Everything else is either too brown (The Pod, Pure Guava), too specific/narrow (12 Golden), too dad-rock (White Pepper and onward) or not "serious enough" (GoodWeenSatan).

Because Ween's a great band and this has one of the only recognizable tracks to first time listeners. Also it's loosely a concept album, so autists are more attracted to it.

>pleb
ocean man
buckingham green
mutilated lips

>patrician
cold blows the wind
it's gonna be (alright)
she wanted to leave

Shit taste

Good taste

>Golden Eel
>It does everything Buckingham Green and Mutilated Lips do, but more concise
Spot on brother weeners.

ocean man is a good song but the only reason anybody pretends its the best on the album is because epic spongebob ending

What an impact that song left on us though..

>no mention of waving my dick in the wind

no you're right i was baiting people i only love that song because of spongebob

people found the album through ocean man aswell

Wtf that song's sick

You guys know whats going on

ehhhhhhhhhhhh nah

Mutilated Lips is legitimately amazing though. It's Gonna Be (Alright) is probably the worst on the album. Cold Blows the Wind and She Wanted to Leave are dope though

Songs in order of best to worst
Mutilated Lips
The Mollusk
Cold Blows the Wind
I'll Be Your Johnny on the Spot
Buckingham Green
Pink Eye (On My Leg)
She Wanted to Leave
Ocean Man
The Blarney Stone
Polka Dot Tail
Waving My Dick in the Wind
Dancing in the Show Tonight
The Golden Eel
It's Gonna Be (Alright)

But these are all good songs

>It's Gonna Be (Alright) is probably the worst on the album

I respect how high johnny on the spot is, but Mutilated Lips is way too high and the Golden Eel is way too low.

thank you for owning up to your mistakes

Yes and it is called Kim Smoltz you plebs:
youtube.com/watch?v=K65dRRa3GoM

It is though. It's the most boring, plus its equivalent on Quebec (I Don't Want It) is infinitely superior. It's not a bad song by any means, there isn't a bad song on the album, but I'd give it a 7/10.

Nah to me Mutilated Lips is one of those songs that actually earned it's reputation. It's my favorite on the album. Golden Eel is a little bit bland for my tastes.

hey dude dont mention it, anytime

>too brown
You can never get brown enough. The pod sessions and crucial squeegie lip are god teir.

he means too brown for first time listeners

>too brown

You're a pussy.

It's Gonna Be (Alright) is not as boring as Cold Blows the Wind or The Golden Eel.

just listened to this. thought it was p good 9/10. object was my favorite

Mean but keen

Calm down Rivers, people have said much worse about your music

Cold Blows the Wind is atmospheric though, and unique. It's Gonna Be (Alright) is a pretty standard soft rock song.

It's Gonna Be (Alright) has as much, if not more, atmosphere as Cold Blows the Wind. The former encapsulates an almost dream-like, borderline euphoria that implies a shift from hopelessness to hopeful, whereas the latter is a realized, calm depression that gets slightly worse and is unresolved.

Both are standard in their structure. The former is much more entrancing though.

I love how that's coming from someone who wrote "Ocean Man"

Quebec is their best album

Ocean Man is a legitimately good song though.

So much filler on it it's not even funny.

The only songs that are borderline filler are Captain and the Fucked Jam, but neither are bad at all and still belong. Can't take anything else off the album.

No.
Correct.

Ocean Man is a good song though. Just because it's a meme xd doesn't make it bad, you fucking idiot.

Wrong. Besides The Fucked Jam Quebec is nothing but hits. Plus it gets better every single time.

>Among His Tribe
>So Many People
>Captain
>The Fucked Jam
>Alcan Road

You forgot Tried and True and It's Gonna Be a Long Night.

>So Many People in the Neighborhoud
>Among His Tribe
>It's Gonna Be a Long Night
all great songs, Tried and True and Alcan Road are good too.

You have quite an irrational boner for that album.

It's gonna be alright is amazing what is wrong with your ears?

Didn't say it wasn't great, it's just not as great as the rest of the album. Stick it on an album like the White Pepper and it'll be the standout track.

The demo version of the mollusk is better than anything from the actual mollusk album. That being said the mollusk is still a fucking amazing album. Even if I prefer a number of ween albums to it. Particularly GWS, The Pod, C&C, and Quebec.
Also tfw when you realize how amazing White Pepper really is. This album is just fucking stellar. Flutes of the Chi goes so fucking hard.

>Stick it on an album like the White Pepper and it'll be the standout track.
are you dissing white pepper?

>golden eel below dancing in the show tonight
Hahahaha what the fuck man

SUMMON THE QUEEN

Here's the real order:

Mutilated Lips
The Mollusk
Polka Dot Tail
She Wanted to Leave
Buckingham Green
The Blarney Stone
Ocean Man
It's Gonna Be (Alright)
Pink Eye (On My Leg)
I'm Dancing in the Show Tonight
Waving My Dick in the Wind
I'll Be Your Johnny on the Spot
Cold Blows the Wind
The Golden Eel

What is wrong with The Golden Eel?

Yea, I am. It's by far their most boring, dull album. There isn't a single remotely brown song on there. There are some good tunes (Bananas and Blow, Flutes of Chi) but other than that the album is bland as hell.

I get that it's some peoples thing, and it's not a terrible album, but compared to the rest of their work it's just not that great.

>liking Ween only for the brown
If you like The Mollusk and quebec, there's absolutely no reason for you to dislike White Pepper.
Also The Grobe and Stroker Ace are kinda brown.

Doesn't really stand out.

what do you mean by brown?

Or maybe it's just a really great album?

Nope.

Yeah it's Waving My Dick In the Wind. Everyone knows this.

BIG JILM

>quebec
>not incredible
I don't think Sup Forums gets Ween.

Ween's signature sound is little represented on Quebec compared to many of their other albums.

Ween has no "Signature sound" if you didn't realize this between their first two official albums then you really are lost.

The Mollusk and Quebec balance out the normal songs with the brown ones. White Pepper has no brown songs whatsoever. The Mollusk, Quebec, and Chocolate and Cheese are super well rounded albums. The White Pepper is just flat.

Fucked up, but in a good way

If you can't hear the signature sound in their first two albums, then you really are lost.

Try again later when you've actually listened to White Pepper.

that doesn't mean it's bad at all

Pray tell me how particular their sound is between Nicole, Fat Lenny, Birthday Boy, LMYLP, don't laugh, Dr Rock, The Stallion pt 1,

poor taste m8

It's the way you can tell they're all by the same group while sounding vastly different ya dingus. Big picture sound, not individual song basis.

It's not bad, but it's like a 6/10 objectively.

Except I have, multiple times. It's boring, and by far their most forgettable work. It's like if Pure Guava is a disgusting but delicious feast of unhealthy foods, and Chocolate and Cheese is colorful and pleasant candies, then the White Pepper is a Nilla Wafer. It's not bad, exactly, but it just simply doesn't compare.

So basically youre saying Weens sound is the fact that they cover a wide range of genres and sounds while not restricting themselves to one particular style? Wow thanks for agreeing with me!

Weens sound is represented by the fact**

>it's boring
So is your argument.

>objectively

No it has nothing to do with genre jumping. They have a particular sound within all their songs that make you say, "this is Ween" regardless of genre. How can you listen to music and not understand this concept?

not him but white pepper doesn't sound as wacky as the others so i dont like it, also the cord progression is boring.

It has everything to do with genre jumping. The fact that you can recognize Ween playing any style of music is an integral part to what makes them Ween. They can do anything and still sound like Ween.

You said genre jumping was their sound and now you're confirming what I said in that they have a sound beyond genre jumping that is recognizable.