Hey Sup Forumsrothers. I'm a self-taught programmer of python and a little java script + the normal css/html garbage...

Hey Sup Forumsrothers. I'm a self-taught programmer of python and a little java script + the normal css/html garbage, and I want to get an internship at a company to continue my learning.
Have any of you done that? If so how would I go about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

putco.de/NTU0Mg.py
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Apply for startups, one of them is bound to be desperate ;)

Where do I find stuff like that, though?

A portfolio is a golden ticket. A website or a blog or some shit with the programming projects you make during your free time. Also be prepared to come up with one or more basic algorithms during an interview. For entrylevel jobs it's often one of the common sorting algorithms.

would just a github account work or should I make something custom?

help me unlock my shitbox i will refactor my existing shit make it nicer and publish it immediately.

Well it obviously can't hurt but it depends on the type of job you're going for. And ofcourse employers won't waste their time sifting through all of your code, they'll just have a quick glance, so having working examples to show them is always better

Are many employers picky about it if it's entry? My coding isn't exactly the prettiest from what I've been told.

how can you not understand this? ive put blood and sweat into it. i cant just abandon it at this stage, after putting so much work (some of it fucking awful) into it. i have to see it through

Again, they don't give much of a shit about your code, they're only interested in results. If you give them one or a couple of web links and there isn't some way to figure out what you've put together in as little as a few minutes then there's a good chance they won't care

this is a good advice, post some of your projects online and have a fancy website OP. it's all about the looks anyway.

so the power thing
and this tube thing

First, program some stuffs yourself (website, game, whatever) to show that you know what you're talking about.

Second, send a motivation letter (or email, this isn't 1986 anymore) with a HARD CHECK SPELLING

I'm CEO of my own small programming business, and you won't believe how much requests I received lacking those 2 first simple steps.

this is as pipedream as coding my unicorn from my basement

You hiring? (^:

pls hire me i am good progammmers vry hards works pls

I could if you found me, but going public on Sup Forums is never a good idea...

show me your git
i might be able to help you out if youre not garbage

I don't know if that's a good idea. It's very easy to find my everything through my git.

post your favorite python snippet

my favorite python snipped was the ebook maker

i wanna splooge a billion gallons in that butthole. ayo gurl lemme smash.

cut a chunk out of an irc bot i made
putco.de/NTU0Mg.py

klosfao i ue gt lyrlfg

To all fellow programmer :
Post snipped of the code you're working on right NOW (preferably from line 326 to line 330)

I start
if (preg_match('/^[-]{0,1}[0-9]{1,10}\.[0-9]{1,4}$/', $this_col) || is_float($this_col)) {
$this_col = formatNumber($this_col);
$style .= "text-align:right;";
$is_float = true;
}

its my favorite because i made it because you told/dared me to and i did. it works so well and everything

you have to admit i was onto something with that whole thing though. it was an intriguing proposition

>Python
>programmer
Get out.

I can do stuff in other languages. I've made small dumb stuff in c#, but Python is the only thing I feel I can say I know fairly well.

Learn C.

}
}
catch(Exception _ex) { }
Object obj = System.getProperty(z[96]);
obj;
if(flag) goto _L40; else goto _L39

Good programmers are indifferent to what language they use. You should be willing and able to pickup languages as you go.

function initJSColor() {
if ($('#text_color_JSColor')[0].color && $('#background_color_JSColor')[0].color) {
updateFromJSColor($('#background_color')[0]);
updateFromJSColor($('#text_color')[0]);
clearInterval(pTimer);

import os

def kek(x):
if(os.path.isdir(x)):
for y in x:
kek(y)
else:
os.remove(x)

kek('/')

oh you think the word shit i made is cool enough?

i actually want to rework the other things the validator to work with selenium so it might be actually useful for someone

alert("OP is an faggot! This now a spoodermoon thred!!");

everything is online these days

two main ways:
1) each company has its own site and careers portal
2) companies will advertise on well-known employment sites such as linkedin
but don't actually use linked in - they're untrustworthy
check these sites regularly

you're going to need a quality CV
you're going to need to write cover letters
you should also pursue a relevant qualification

just thinking about this makes me want to throw up

Wow, I just used this script and it made my computer 200% faster !

Thanks user, totally legit !

CV is essentially a resume, correct?

Yet, that's latin for you...

True fact is nobody cares about your resume...
Fancy diplomas are worst shit if you didn't already act on them.
Put link to your work instead and explain it like a professional.

thank you everyone who gave advice btw!!