What is your definition of a meme player?

what is your definition of a meme player?

players I don't like and find to be overrated basically

any player with a higher dab count than goal count

le youtube tricks player

this

players who are more well known for their hair/looks than their talent.

From what i've gathered on Sup Forums, that term is used to refer to any player who meets any of the following criteria;

1) Outrageously overrated because of gimmicky, one-trick pony playstyle
2) Is more celebrity than athlete
3) One season-wonder who's now resting on their laurels and still enjoys starting XI selection because of everyone's out of date perception of their talent.

But again, there doesn't seem to be consensus on what that term means and it's become one of those buzzwords you can throw into any discussion to give yourself an appearance of sport literacy.

Imo it's more like said it. Everyone and their mother has been called a meme player on here.

>But again, there doesn't seem to be consensus on what that term means and it's become one of those buzzwords you can throw into any discussion to give yourself an appearance of sport literacy.

so Sup Forums in a nutshell?

I know. Though it gets on my nerves when it's used on players like Sheva, Riquelme, R9, and most irritatingly, Zidane.

impressive youtube highlights reel and ineffectual general play

most people who post here are 14, angry and fat. so you shouldn't let anything get on your nerves.

Imbrahimovic.
Got famous for some weird "artistic" goal in like 03-04 and been a meme ever since.

Rate my 2016-17 meme XI

------------------ Oblak
Godin - Laporte - Chiellini - Rodriguez
---------- Krychowiak - Kante
Mahrez ------- Payet ------ Pulisic
------------------- Vardy

yes

>chiellini
you're retarded, top 5 world class defender
>Godin
is declining after having one of his best seasons ever
>Oblak
related to godin, had a good a season thanks to his great backline of Juanfran, Giminez Godin and Filipe Luiz
>Pulisic
exciting young prospect

everyone else is pretty meme

>I rate Zidane

you can be a meme and good

sp tards think that everyone is a meme. you could write that messi hat 2-3 good seasons in his life and people would call him le ___ man, meme player
you could write that Neuer is decent goalkeeper and people here would call him le midfield man
Chiellini is a good (I'm not even saying that he's perfect or very good) defender - "meme player, le _____ man"

Pulisic is the biggest meme around

>top 5 world class defender
are you saying that there are only 4 good defenders left in the world and the rest are so shit that even CHiellini manages to be better than them?

1. Player who's overrated
2. Player who receives more attention from media/fans than his skill would warrant
3. Player with some gimmick

Zidane might not be a meme player but he is most certainly a meme manager.

Expected this, still keked

*dabs*

But Chiellini IS a meme
>le troglodyte man

>what is your definition of a meme player?

Players that are overrated and dab desu

>>chiellini
>you're retarded, top 5 world class defender
nah he's a meme player
t.juventini

RARE

Like Balotelli?