If the Cubs can win a World Series, can the US win a World Cup - within our lifetimes?

If the Cubs can win a World Series, can the US win a World Cup - within our lifetimes?

the us won 3 world cups in my lifetime

it would destroy Sup Forums
it would never recover

Women's World Cup is like little league in comparison.

This implies we care about soccer when we don't

That's true. We don't. We only care about the US winning.

No

Put Joe Maddon in charge and we'll take the brazilians in 7

If you host it in 2026 you might stand a shot. Otherwise I highly doubt it. 2026 July 4 is a Saturday but it's not like the World Cup final hasn't been held on a Saturday before; the only two WCs with the final not held on a Sunday are 1930 (Wednesday) and 1966 (Saturday).

It'll become a relevant sport if you do win a WC though.

Same with boreball. Most of us dont give a fuck.

It's also fun watching the US in the WC because it's basically the one that we're the underdog in.

This is an ironic comment because it's almost like you're pretending to be European, Bruce, when in fact, very much like the USA, Australia doesn't do very well in top-tier soccer competition.

In fact (ironically) even though Australia has a big population and plenty of clay to play on, Australia matches the rest of oceania in that nobody really gives a shit about soccer. Niue fielded a MNT like two times ever, and both times lost HORRIBLY.

There are certain basic things that go along with being a real country in the world: have your own clay, be recognized as such by everyone who matters. Have a population. Mint currency, have a government, have a health system, conduct diplomacy and international relations, basic stuff.I personally don't care about soccer all that much, but even I will admit that one of these very /basic/ things about "being a real country" is" fielding a men's national team to play soccer with other countries, at some point.

This leads me to my later point: the marshall islands, your fellow Oceanian co-habitants and our vassal, have never even bothered to attempt to form an MNT for any match of any kind whatever. Not even one time, when it's a simple and natural thing for the countries of the world to do, even as a display of diplomacy, friendship, or otherwise. This is how little soccer matters around Oceania.

go to sleep

>World

Stale meme lad we do care we even have an mls general weekly, we only pretend we don't because we're not the best In the world at It.

No one does care about the MLS. Who the fuck knows who won its championship last year? Without looking it up, by the way.

I'm going to say no.

Just because a huge underdog has never won the world cup.

USWNT competes against like 4 serious teams.

USMNT competes against at least 10 teams stronger than them, plus dozens of teams of the same level.
It's nearly impossible for US to reach a final.

>women's
>serious teams

are we talking about the country in general or social outcasts who post on Sup Forums? because i know some normies who didn't even know that we competed in the world cup until i told them.

Sorry m8, forgot to tell you that im uruguayan and have 4 of those and 15 of the SA.

You mean the mls/ general that gets maybe one post every two days? Yeah, we sure do care about divegrass out side of the hipsters who want to pretend they're euroshits because they like poverty ball

could? yes

almost certainly not going to happen.

nice proxy

>Niue

Everyone can win the World cup, except >we of course

2018 is your year la

Depends on how old you are.
The US can win a world cup in 30 years or so.

>w-we dun care

>least watched sport

>Least profitable sport

>Sport least likely to be played past middle school

It's all about nationalism, c'mon, man.

No. Nearly every single American player Ive seen falls into the same category, theyre athletically good, strong, fast, hardworking, good stamina, good attitude, but are lacking in technique, have poor first touches, and are tactically unable to read the game when it's played at speed.