Cultural Miscommunication

>be me, eating with my dad at some shitty family restaurant in Dublin.
>Big group of American tourists sat at table beside us.
>They are ordering there food.
>The little girl asks for "lemonade"
>As I am a well versed in American patois I know very well that what the girl wanted was a drink made from lemon's and sugar.
>I also knew that the waitress, not as culturally aware as me was going to bring her 7-up or sprite, what we call "lemonade".
>Knowing this left me uneasy. I couldn't bare it. I had to do something.
>When the waitress arrived back with the drinks I readied myself to say something.
>"I think she wanted a lemon drink...like juice or something"
>Everyone is staring at me . I realise everyone else hasn't been thinking about lemonade for the past 2 minutes like I have, and thus my comment must seem out of context.
>"I don't think she wanted 7-up".
>awkward laugh from the father. Must think I am a complete spastic.
>"oh..sorry, did you ask for something else?" the waitress asks the little girl.
>she shakes her head. lying little bitch.
>"..oh"
>I turn away awkwardly and try not to make eye contact with anyone until I leave.

bet they were heritage fags that funded the ira

Poor you

this you tried la and that took courage looking out for that little American girl.

Your operation was doomed from the beginning but kudos to you. At least you tried

You tried, thank you

Hazukashi

Awww, sorry Seamus. You intended well

shouldve slap that bitch on your way out

Your a brave man OP. You had the balls to speak even when it was out of context because it was said 2 minutes ago so you can assure the girl got the drink she wanted.

I understand how it feels when you get into an awkward miscommunication. Here's a feels guy hug.

a few thoughts

1 even if it was true does the restaurant have it
2 and if true would it not be better if the waitress knew herself from the father/girl
3 and if that did happen at least the cultural misunderstanding would have been corrected by the appropriate party and not a proxy
4 you can't expect a girl to both except a soda and ask for cultural justification, hypocrisy is an adulty thing to do
5 sometimes other people pay the price when you try to be the hero

I must leave this board

Damn son

Will use this thread to share bad experiences with foreigners.
>be me
>want to eat some japanese food
>be late at night so there is only one 24h japanese "fast food" restaurant open near me
>its on Augusta, a road full of night clubs, hipsters and normies
>go there
>full of drunk people as expected
>two gay americans behind me
>speaking english
>take my order and sit
>they sit at the table at my side
>they are clearly drunk
>i just come there from home, wasn't really well dressed or anything
>they start talking about me loudly
>probably think i don't understand then
>they keep talking shit about my appearance and clothes
>talk shit about my looks
>listen to everything in silence
>too much of a coward to say anything
>finish my meal and go home almost crying

dude!

should have stared at them

I'm so sorry Paulo

You are beautiful on the inside and the outside

be honest, just use this thread to share bad experiences with americans
it ok

You..are afraid of gays?

I was alone, even through they were gays, they were drunk as fuck, and im not an intimidating guy.

You live in Brazil. No one would do anything to you even if you break their skull with a bottle of brandy.

:-(

That place was in a really popular part of town, the police do give a fuck if you start shit in a place full of rich tourists.