Comedy/Cult and Body Horror

Can someone recommend me some awesome cult/comedy/body horror films to watch? Some of my favorites include pic related, Bad Taste, Sleepaway camp, The Fly, Basket Case, American werewolf in london, The evil dead, The thing, and Scarfies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kUEC8dNeeYE
youtube.com/watch?v=PA0riGc6cWw
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-c_EkF8ADI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do they have to be funny? If not look up Lucio Fulci's work.

>City of the Living Dead
>The Beyond
>The House by the Cemetery
>Zombi2

Slither

They don't have to be funny. Am really keen on sick transformation scenes and special effects

Re-Animator

Fulci's special effects are on another level. He went to court to prove he wasn't killing animals and using their raw guts illegally.

This movie is awesome too

Sweet man keen to check it out. Some of his films look right up my alley

You may want to check out the Howling films. I don't think even the first one is especially good, but you might. Here are some highlights:

>Howling 1: better werewolf effects than An American Werewolf in London and a neat transformation
>Howling 2: The director realized it was shit half way through and turned it into a joke, Christopher Lee is in it and the wolves are like apes
>Howling 3: Insane film, truly crazy, with more mindfucks than 2001
>Howling 4: garbage but a neat transformation scene, very melt-y
>Howling 5: Comfy as fuck castle murder mystery, one of my favorites of the series
>Howling 6: Neat story of a drifting werewolf, personally I found it to be the best of the films

Haven't seen the others. I also suggest The Incredible Melting Man, Horror Express, Society, From Beyond, Demons (1985), The Toxic Avenger (though not really horror, and seconding Re-Animator and any Fulci films especially those listed. Also check out Argento, Suspiria and Inferno are my favorites of his.

And my favorite horror of the 80s is Cannibal Holocaust, one of my favorite movies of all time actually. Gruesome and horrible but also a really smart, self-damning movie that is brutal to watch and delves into some seriously fucked up shit in terms of our society as consumers and how we relate to other cultures.

Oooh, also the Blob remake, great practical effects and super cool film

Zombie is probably the best film to start with, as it's a straightforward zombie film. His higher quality horror films tend to be high on style and low on plot. More like nightmare/dreamlike atmospheres where things just happen.

I think Zombi is a very meditative, stylish film myself, with a lot of the story told just through mood but I guess you're right.

Top tier body horror

BTW OP, don't read or look up anything about this, especially pics. Just watch it immediately

Maybe try some of these

>City of the Living Dead
>The Beyond
you unironically liked these? I watched them recently and found them 2 of the shittiest horrors ever. The only thing that was remotely passable was the drillbit scene in city. The rest was terrible acting and even worse fx

m8, you gotta not be so stupid from now on
italian movies take time, some people have to get used to them before they appreciate them
the beyond is fulci's masterpiece

Wild Zero
Bio-Zombie
Mr. Vampire

It hadn't really occurred to me but I think I forgot about what wrote. Italian horror movies are like Japanese movies, for example. It takes a few to get over the culture difference and accept the different presentation as just different rather than shit. American actors aren't better than any other country's, you're just used to them. As for the effects, I don't really know. They're over the top but i don't think they're bad. They won't convince you it's actually happening every time but they're always an impressive spectacle.

Scores are also great: youtu.be/kUEC8dNeeYE

>Bio-Zombie
Fuck, that's a really good one I forgot about. I think it's a much better Romero homage than Shaun of the Dead.

well maybe my expectations were too high. There were a couple laughs though, eg the hair pulling gag in city that was so good they did it at least 10 times

nice! i havent seen alot of theses demons is a classic

It's not a horror film but Eraserhead has one of the best body horror creatures ever put on cinema.

if you liked the fly, you'd probably like other cronenberg from that era, dead ringers and videodrome.

I gotta watch street trash again

Dead Ringers is awful, I don't see why any fan of The Fly would like Cronenberg's post-Fly pretentiousness.

I didn't like street trash very much. The melt scenes were awesome but the rest of the movie was unbearable

not really related but the brood and scanners fucking suck
shivers is great

youtube.com/watch?v=PA0riGc6cWw

all early cronenberg is great. back to thy witch threads with thee

i actually really disliked the witch, i just think those 2 films are absolute trash, especially scanners

I was super hyped for scanners but it was pretty lame.

the story and lead were a bit shit but michael ironside and the fx were great

I think most of his films are terrible, but he's somehow still one of the most popular auteurs because The Fly was good. So good he's been trying to avoid movies like that since.

I had a very creepy body horror dream the other day, my arm pit hair had been replaced by some kinda fungus/tendril thing, they were red and growing out of my body in a kinda wavy pattern. I got really angry by this in my dream and i tried to rip them out of my body. I started bleeding but it didn't work. I then woke up and felt sick the entire day.

From Beyond
Re-Animator
Videodrome
The Thing

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-c_EkF8ADI

don't be fooled by the cover, it's actually pretty good

I dunno, new zealand comedy didn't connect with me at all also 'bad taste' film. 80% of boredom until the last 5 minutes where all the budget appears. They're both good for being cult films, just about it.