The Truth About Motley Crue and Hair Metal

Some things are true.
>Grunge was better than most hair metal
>Grunge...no grunge...was better the Guns n Roses
>Motley Crue was overrated
>Skid row and Cinderella were underrated
>Motley Crue had the following good songs, defined as songs that actually work, good compositions for theor skill level and the best they could possibly produce:
1. Wildside (easily their best put together track)
2. Dr. Feelgood
3. Home Sweet Home
4. Girls, Girls, Girls
5. Motherfucker of the Year (my favorite)
6. Teaser
7. Kickstart My heart

These, quite honestly, are the only Crue tracks worth listening to.
Thank you for reading and rock on old timers!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XBxlAATrd-E
youtube.com/watch?v=aqO8LpE0GU4
youtube.com/watch?v=g1969RoriCw
youtube.com/watch?v=Qa2lyG47jSs
youtube.com/watch?v=OjyZKfdwlng
youtube.com/watch?v=bx6f68Wd9dc
youtube.com/watch?v=xwM7-Zuj1Rw
youtube.com/watch?v=KUi0cqBBm9c
youtube.com/watch?v=UVCX-3vhcQs
youtube.com/watch?v=VvyBiHGr2b8
youtube.com/watch?v=ODKqgZZJsJA
youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA.
youtube.com/watch?v=JUtWHPZk7Es
youtube.com/watch?v=RWuwPoKC6D4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2z0cKtSlHOU
youtube.com/watch?v=rMtulJ7JcXU
youtube.com/results?search_query=man of golden words
youtube.com/watch?v=TJH0eBtnbcs
youtu.be/8F_IPnZHiAI
youtu.be/6JA25BIxgtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bully! the second green text should have said NO grunge was better than GnR

I like Shout at the Devil

How the fuck is Girls, Girls, Girls a good song? It's tedious as fuck.

Some good (IMO) songs other than the ones you listed:

youtube.com/watch?v=XBxlAATrd-E
youtube.com/watch?v=aqO8LpE0GU4
youtube.com/watch?v=g1969RoriCw

>imply grunge was that good
>implying there are any other bands besides nirvana that were good in that genre
>implying Alice in Chains is grunge
>No Same Old Situation
>No Too Young To Fall In Love

i know. i broke my own rule but its the song i got a lot of lap dances with. Its iconic in white people strip bars.

pearl jam was the king of the seattle scene. period.
Ok i take out girls and switch it with SOS...you got that right and i was wrong.

This
That song is dumb af, and it drags on porpouse because it was meant to be played at strip clubs, its meant to be a soundtrack/commercial type of track.
Agree with some of the other choices ITT and "primal scream" is a criminally underrated song. Its no masterpiece but is the most experimental single they released and it worked. Too bad they didnt go on that direction later in the 90s

JUUUURAAMEEEE SPOAK EEN CLUAAAAAS TERDAAAAAAAYYY

Pearl jam has like 3 good songs my friend

I really like what they did with teaser. It wouldve been cool if they had a couple of albums fleshing out that sound and groove.

Meh...I like most of their radio songs. I mainly like 80s bands though. Im an Axlfag.

>Alice in Chain's wasn't Grunge
get fucked

Just because they came from Seattle during the flannel era does not make them grunge. They are Alternative Metal, and probably the best example of it

One reason i say grunge was better even though i like the 80s bands more is grunge did away with that 2 minute long chorus on repeat outro. THATS the only real flaw with 80s bands...those repeating choruses that eat up half the song AFTER the 45 second guitar solo.

Primal Scream is probably the heaviest song they released, and yes I don't even understand why it's underrated as fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qa2lyG47jSs

Let's talk about Warrant and how they were fucked over by their label with this song: youtube.com/watch?v=OjyZKfdwlng

Whilst this song is much more creative: youtube.com/watch?v=bx6f68Wd9dc

I also liked Alice Cooper's hair metal era: youtube.com/watch?v=xwM7-Zuj1Rw

Oh I do like that. ok, thats a b-side on my list.

>Right Turn
>Would?
>Cameo appearance in Singles
>4/20/02
They didn't jump the bandwagon, they propelled it

when was the last time a solo rocker had a release as awesome as David Lee Roths Skyscraper? They just dont put together albums like that anymore do they?

>dissing Soundgarden

Cabin showed they could actually do something good. Idk how the label fucked up cherry pie. its hard to see that as being good under any circumstances. sorry dude but warrant goes im the overrated pile. i liked faster pussycat betetr than them. :o

4/20/02 is a pearl jam song dummy

How is Would? and Right Turn grunge? Both are metal as fuck. But notice you had to dig for these examples

Soundgarden is a poor man's Alice in Chains

They're more like grunge metal.

Basically the label forced them to create a song overnight with sexual references, and rename the album to that. After that they had Dogeatdog which I must say is much better than Cherry Pie: youtube.com/watch?v=KUi0cqBBm9c

>He thinks Grunge is a genre
Oh well, whatever, nevermind

In some way it predated the hard-rock/industrial mix that GnR would try and fail years later and that shitty bands like Shotgun Messiah did around that time.
Actually, I consider MC the only ones that succeeded mixing those elements, if only Vince stayed they could've been considered pioneers.
Now all we have to remember that era is Skold doing shitty covers

>Soundgarden is a poor man's Alice in Chains
I'm not quite sure if I understand.

george lynch is a god
youtube.com/watch?v=UVCX-3vhcQs (2:45)
youtube.com/watch?v=VvyBiHGr2b8 (2:08)
don shoulve kept playing imo
youtube.com/watch?v=ODKqgZZJsJA

Technically it is, a mix of punk and metal.

Pearl Jam is superior to Nirvana in every way.
(Lyrics, instrumentation, composition, vocals, # of heads left on band members etc.)

Metal, Galm, Punk and Alternative Rock, but it's a scene first and foremost

The guy sounds like he sticks a vibrator up his asshole whenever he sings to sound the way he does. I do like Jeremy though: youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA.

Op agrees. Nirvana is the most overrated band in rock history.

Musically speaking though it is sort of like downtuned guitars playing punk with hard rock or heavy metal at least with Nirvana.

I was a huge Crüehead when I was 16, but to be fair, they don't have a lof of good songs.
Shout at the Devil is a good album. Kickstart my heart was just ok. The rest are either forgettable or plain bad.

My favourite Crüe songs are looks that kill and too young to fall in love
youtube.com/watch?v=JUtWHPZk7Es

I like some of their early song, but they sound raw as fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=RWuwPoKC6D4

>watered down and not as catchy Cantrellish riffs
>slow singing and carrying on vocal notes
>attempts to Harmonize
>depressing lyrics

For every soundgarden song you find, you can find a superior AiC song with the same music structure. And neither of them were grunge either

He just doesn't enunciate that much in certain songs. Honestly I think it sounds better than the kind of whiny strain that Cobain, Corgan etc did. It's not every song that Eddie is sloppy with the words on though:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2z0cKtSlHOU

Also, Yellow Ledbetter is objectively their greatest song.

Stop embarrassing yourself
This

you're the one who couldnt link to a comment properly, newfag

Why enunciate when you can sing just the A's E's I´s O´s U´s and sometimes Y´s too?

youtube.com/watch?v=rMtulJ7JcXU

youtube.com/results?search_query=man of golden words
Somber Piano ballads too

>buzzwords and memes
>thinks an acoustic guitar and three guys singing is metal
Or don't stop, lmao

>thinking a band's acoustic track is an example of them being grunge

Ok faggot

You can't even agree Soundgarden is Grunge (one of the very first, actually) Absolutely no sense in reasoning with an obstinate idiot

If Grunge exists, the only popular bands to come out of the genre are Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Melvins, are ALTERNATIVE METAL. Call them Grunge metal if it makes you feel happier. Mother Love Bone, Mudhoney, Smashing Pumpkins were alt rock.

You're the clown falling for industry labels made solely for the purpose to sell records to normies, kys

>Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Melvins, are ALTERNATIVE METAL
fuck off with this weak bait

This

not an argument. This is where you are supposed to offer examples on why you hold the theory that they are Grunge instead of assuming youre right because the record label jews reinforce your beliefs. Have some weight to your argument ya musical infant

name a grunge song that sounds like this generic metal song youtube.com/watch?v=TJH0eBtnbcs

>King Diamond
>generic metal
wew lad

it is though

Are you retarded?

>It's tedious as fuck.
(Not true, by the way)

are you?

Im not saying that kind of metal, im saying ALTERNATIVE METAL like this youtu.be/8F_IPnZHiAI you idiot

youtu.be/6JA25BIxgtk