Have you taken the AnCopill and realized this is the perfect summer album?

Have you taken the AnCopill and realized this is the perfect summer album?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!wddijJ6b!5acEZbK8ad_fCQyJv8MJiA
youtube.com/watch?v=LP_X96hQJXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

And the first half of MPP is perfect walking around in a rainy city music and the second half is great walking around in the woods music

Actually it's walking downtown rainy spring day, especially Hocus Pocus

I like it much more now that it seems they've moved on from this sound. And yes, good spring/summer vibes

Golden Gal is a freaking amazing song

The way it takes its time building up for the chorous and how it then kicks in is awesome.

underrated album

Agreed. Gets way more hate than it deserves. It's pretty good desu.

how do people like this and hate fang island??

Yes
Why is Golden Gal SO GOOD???? I listened to it on repeat every single day for like 2 weeks when it came out

Quintessential liberal arts student core.

every anco album is the perfect summer album

fuck animal collective it is shit you are all shit fuck you nigger shit fuck ass FUCK ANIMAL COLLECTIVE OVERPRICED TICKETS AND THEY CANT EVEN SING IN KEY

what even is this post? shitty bait? mental breakdown? pure autismo?

how in the fuck did you make that connection

That is the ugliest album cover I've ever seen, its shape is just so...unpleasing. I want to fix it.

Leave it to Animal Collective though. I think they purposefully try to make ugly art (music)

I like the cover. It's just as busy and sort of sharp as the staccato synths on the album. Besides they've had way worse album covers like DM and CHz. There covers aren't really much of a strong point anyways

What makes their music ugly in your opinion

>mass replies

AnCo's covers are great and always use colors that capture the spirit of the album

Danse's is perfect for the music

I agree that their covers tend to fit the music, at least in regards to the color palette. Spirit's cover is seriously 100% perfect for the music. Same with pretty much all of their albums. Although I feel like the cover for danse is too bright a green for the music though, and the graphic on CHz is bad

NEW ANCO

mega.nz/#F!wddijJ6b!5acEZbK8ad_fCQyJv8MJiA

I tried to tell myself that Painting With was good, but let's face it, it's one of their worst releases ever. At least Deakin's new album was fantastic, and the new Avey + Geo release looks promising.

MPP is already the perfect summer album. Perfect being the key word here.

it's easily one of their best middle-of-the-road albums

I've taken the AnCopill and realized that is the perfect vomiting and shitting yourself uncontrollably album.

Except for On Delay. That's a good one.

shoo shoo tripfag

Cruelly underrated but far from perfect

Painting With reminds me of spring, since I first listened to it last April.

Pretty good album. Floridada & On Delay are 10/10

It was avey's sister who did all the visuals for CHz

>telling inxy to shoo shoo
shoo shoo rudefag

Yeah, and her visuals are usually pretty good too

Its their most bland song

>thinks exmilitary is better than yeezus
>good trip

>yeezus
>good

Early summer is a good time-relation for me. Saw them live last may, am again this year. And I cranked PW everytime I drove to go hiking

I'm an AnCo pleb and have only heard MPP. Just listened to FloriDada and will probably throw this record on the Bluetooth speaker while my friend and I play volleyball this Summer; really dig the vibes on this.

Go backwards from MPP. Other than Fall Be Kind, there is only disappointment after MPP.

Feels best AnCo album forever

*except for most of PW, CHZ and all of the new EPs

>there is only disappointment after MPP
oddsac, both of the new eps, transverse temporal gyrus, new psycho actives vol 1. and the first halves of both chz and pw are good.

I have listened to Feels a few times actually but it never clicked for me. I really need to dig into to more one day. The Purple Bottle is really fucking good though.

>only the first half of CHz and PW
But then you're missing out on the goat AnCo track of the 2010's, Amanita

I saw oddsac when it was released in little theaters like 5 years ago but haven't actually listened to it since then. Fall Be Kind is excellent, but the new other new EPs and albums range from good to barely decent imo.

My favorite animal collective style is when they really bask in atmosphere and textures. The 4 track stretch of Bees, Banshee Beat, Daffy Duck, and Loch Raven are, in my opinion, the best moment of AnCo's whole career.

You kind of have to let it sink in and be patient, but it's just so blissful and unlike anything else I've heard.

Their material after Fall Be Kind has none of that, so I've really lost interest. It sounds more like they want to just bang out about 12 songs and call it an album, rather than really explore and try to discover new sounds and feelings in their music.

I really love the band, so I honestly hope they make something that excites me again.

>rather than really explore and try to discover new sounds and feelings in their music
this is what they've been doing. the real problem here is your preconceived notion of what type of music they ""should"" make

>. It sounds more like they want to just bang out about 12 songs and call it an album, rather than really explore and try to discover new sounds and feelings in their music.
name one album that sounds like Painting With

Link for Meeting of the Waters, anyone?

It definitely sounds just as reatarded.

(srsly tho PW gets too much hate)

pls

The problem I feel with PW the mixing. This album has some of their best textures to date, yet they decided to shove it all in the back for some reason. I've played around with the songs in audacity and once you bring out the textures, man, it's just something entirely different.

release retextured edition pls

seconded

Still rough, and not exactly a retextured edition but it's something I've been working on.

youtube.com/watch?v=LP_X96hQJXk

You know there's an actual thread dedicated to that, friendo?

It's just doesn't feel like anco to me there is too much electronic music and not enough ANCO you feel me f a m?

>going rollerblading with gf on a hot summer day
>vertical comes on
>dance while racing her
>nearly fall
>kiss and laugh
great summer album indeed

I've been listening to this for the past 20 minutes and it sounds great! Good shit man

bagels in kiev is unbearably catchy

>gf
ree

neat
so you mixed live shows with the album material?
it's pretty seamless

this is what these tunes needed
simply delight