How could Neo control the world outside of the Matrix? I understand that he was a very powerful program within...

How could Neo control the world outside of the Matrix? I understand that he was a very powerful program within, but outside?

Because he was still inside the matrix and the machines made him think he broke out, i.e. matrixception.

He only blew up one that caused a chain reaction, and it almost killed him.

If I remember correctly, the giant floating baby head says something about The One having control of both reality and The Matrix (hence Neo becoming Jesus 2.0).

Why do you thin smith kept fighting in second? He even says something like "I have no purpose now thanks to you"/

two options:
1) outside world is a layer of matrix
2) neo can act wireless

It's the opposite. Smith "killing " Neo and Neo "killing" Smith in part 1 made Neo The One, and Smith the Anti-One. Smith more or less says so just before the courtyard brawl.

He also said, "I am here to take from you what you took from me. Purpose."

His purpose was to kill Neo and also escape the Matrix, as he said in the first movie.

he couldn't or else he would just fly to the machine's city and bring trintrin back to life

when he met the architect that was him entering the source of the matrix, from then on his mind could interface with the machine's computer network and sense where they were and shut them down

he probably had literal wifi settings in his plugs since they planned for him to be The One and survive long enough to restart zion

Isn't neo not even the one? I remember reading that theory somewhere

But in reality the movies make no sense and are one of the first examples I can remember of HURRRRR deep bro. Iirc the brother/sister that was first ti bw transfer ruined the movies with its bdsm fetishist and took 2 and 3 in a direction that wasnt intended.

The movies literally don't make sense. Sean cannery was right

did it bother anyone else that he could do kung fu inside the matrix but not outside of the matrix. he's got the same brain.

First to be transgender*

(both of them are now)

He installed a wifi dongle in his asshole

Humanity has had wireless technology for over 100 years in real life. How hard is it to believe that humans centuries from now with computer circuitry in their brains wouldn't have a "wifi"-like component? Maybe a failsafe to maintain a connection with the Matrix in case the "hard line" connection with their brains has a temporary power failure.

We have gone full retard

This is why I ultimately hated the end of the trilogy.

The better question is: how did the machines "clear out" space in a human being's cerebellum for the Matrix spikey-connection-thingie without causing serious brain damage or death?

>First to be transgender*
>(both of them are now)
Wait, what? WHAT? The other one went trans too? How in the literal fuck?

zion was in the matrix.

I'm...afraid it's true.

wachowski sisters now
welcome to 2016 bro

are their parents alive? they must have gotten cancer by now.

>whoa, I have wi-fi
Literal line cut from the movie. Get it? It's a cut line because he went wireless.

Moderately amused.

>first Matrix movie was made when they were both still men

Did they swap out their talent as well as their penises?

This. I first heard this theory as I was leaving the theatre after The Matrix Reloaded in 2003.
My uncle was bitching about it not making sense, and my mother said "well, maybe he's still stuck in there, and they're just making him THINK he escaped".

I've considered this to be correct ever since. Watching Revolutions for the first time with this theory in mind also makes complete sense, the machines basically tricking Neo into being their puppet and getting rid of Agent Smith for them while calming the restless human slaves down and making them think they're free.

It's still just a fan theory. The truth is Neo had control of machines in the real world because of reasons.

yeah the problem with that is it Neo who unleashes Smith as a villain

they literally say it in the movie "its just another level of control" meaning that there are different levels
the real world wasnt all that real to begin with

>"its just another level of control"
That was in reference to the Zion colony being allowed to exist.

This always bothered me since the first movie.

I'd hoped they'd leave it ambiguous by never having them fight out of the matrix but then the third film happened

The machines in the real world are all connected to a "singular consciousness", the birth of Artificial Intelligence described by Morpheus in the original Matrix film. This consciousness is otherwise known as "The Source".

The machine connection is a remote one or some sort of wireless signal. Having touched The Source (i.e. - meeting with the Architect) and having the data needed to reboot the Matrix, Neo is at this point simultaneously in possession of his human brain but also connected to the singular consciousness. In other words, his is also now a wireless connection. Hence, the reason Neo says, "Something's different. I can feel them." The machines are all separate entities but all connected to this one ("The Source"). Now Neo is as well.

He is thereby able to harness this power and stop the sentinels. However, Neo wasn't ready to handle the signal surge and collapsed in a comatose state, no longer in control of just where this wireless signal would be directed. The signal (Neo's residual self-image) is then captured and held in a program limbo derived from the Source but undetected as an existing realm, so to speak. This limbo (the Train Station) was created by the Trainman, a program in service to the Merovingian.

This connection forged by Neo's visit to the Architect and his subsequent decision to return to the real world made him, unknowingly, unique. Neo became simultaneously human and machine in a sense. This would ultimately put him in the position to negotiate for peace between humans and the machines. This, as the story unfolded, is exactly what happened.

How the fuck does it make sense that the machines seamlessly integrate humans from the matrix into the real world when the real world is a fucked up apocalypse world?

Fuck please let this autism be pasta

Lol I was thinking the same thing.

>seamlessly
Hardly. Regardless, it's a fictional sci fi story my man. It makes perfect sense within that context.

>It makes perfect sense in context that the machines magically transform the hellscape real world into the modern world instantly

No.

It reads like something from a wiki. I wouldn't be surprised if that's an official plot summary.

the last two movies were 2deep5u bullshit. Like evangelion, it's just random garbage that seems cool and deep

Did you even pay attention to the movie? There's no "integrating humans from the matrix into the real world". Every human being is physically in the real world, but consciously inside of the Matrix, so to integrate someone from the Matrix into the real world is to simply wake them up.

What are you talking about? The Matrix is basically VR.

The Human Spirit and Machines are compatible.

Thats what the sequels are trying to tell you.

>there exists a person so retarded they couldn't even pick up on the fact the Matrix is a computer simulation
>even though it's explained directly

for the same reason he was able to trap himself inside the matrix without having a physical connection to it.

Its this, and it is all laid out in the movie, but you can be forgiven for missing it because the wachowski's are shit screenwriters and all of the exposition is clunky as fuck.

It's also why he can "see" them after being blinded. He's not seeing them per-say he's sensing them and using his connection to the source to feel nearby machines, hence why he starts babbling about everything being made of light at the end because he's surrounded by these machines that are all tied into the source.

Honestly the fact that neo is the sixth "the one" and Zion has had its shit kicked in six times already was one step too far and was over-indulgent. It would be been a neat reveal for the architect to tell Neo that he's been waiting for him because he was expecting this planned "anomaly" to show up and then go into his big spiel about how there really isn't any choice and about how this is all part of the plan, and then have neo refuse. It muddled an already confusing plot point, made the battle for Zion feel completely pointless (still looked neat), and made what were a pair of bloated odd movies even more frustrating.

It isn't and you misunderstood what they were expl

Spell it out for me then child.

I always wondered how babies are born in the matrix?

machines are obviously in charge of artificially inseminating women, but is it the same women who virtually get pregnant in the matrix, because logistically that would be harder to do, or is it more of a mass-produced cycle where babies are grown in a separate place, by a limited number of women, and then distributed to couples in the matrix who thing it's their own

Ok I u.derstand you, but I don't remember the 6th the one.

The Zionsville scenes were completely unnecessary.

There is no spoon

this thread is proof that millenials are beyond saving. they cant even understand the most basic popcorn flick premises
JFC

If the "Real World" is another layer of the matrix then why would the machines need to attack Zion at all?
Why didn't they just unplug everyone the second Neo didn't go along with their prophecy?

You might actually be retarded

I'd assume artificial wombs and in-vitro in the real world and when they do that, they just give a go in the Matrix for another human being so that's why we have people that like try to get a baby but cannot - they have to wait until they win the machine lottery.

Without humans there are no machines. Humans were the battery. If you unplug all the humans then the machines die.

That's a really good question. Since you're the retard saying that why don't you explain it?

They don't need to unplug every human, just the humans who live in Zion.

The Machines wernt coming to plug them back into the matrix, they were coming to kill them all.

To be fair, 2 and 3 were so riddled with poppycock and nonsense scenes I wouldnt be surprised if this is one of the most misunderstood movies of all time.

I don't blame anyone for not understanding. It takes several watches

Oh, yeah, Zionsville isn't in the matrix.

Not understanding the particulars of Neo's machine controlling shit, or how he got back in the Matrix at the end of the second movie is one thing. To think that everything is the matrix and not even understand the basic premise of the first movie is something else entirely.

I know it isn't.
But the theory that the "Real World" is just another part of the matrix because Neo can do weird shit in it would imply that Zion is another layer of the Matrix.

The first movie is one thing - the second and third retroactively ruin the first.
Think Highlander 2, where all the immortals are suddenly aliens.

Reloaded is a terrible sequel that changes the rules of film preceding it.

Yeah, I'm with you on that, but people going through mental gymnastics to justify "EVERYTHING THE MATRIX" despite all evidence to the contrary is pretty fucking dumb.

Remember, there is someone here that didn't even understand the matrix is a computer simulation. We are in the presence of Faggots

I was referring to the ins and outs of the source, and the architect, and especially the train station, which I still don't understand. The movies were ruined with trying to be edgy and cool.

Speaking of which, since it's only a matter of time, who should reboot the series and.do it.right? Not make it easier, but get rid of stupid edgy filler scenes like.zion and the sex scenes and really make a great technologic dystopia flick?

I've wondered this as well. Consider that all the "freed" characters we've seen are a perfect physical match for their "Matrix selves", then that raises the question of how the Machines could make children look similar to their parents (or siblings similar to each other) unless they went through the trouble of making sure one's "virtual relatives" were also their real-world biological relatives.

But then you'd have to ask yourself WHY they'd go to the trouble since the Machines could conceivably make a human's avatar in the Matrix look any way they'd want them to. And no one would give a shit if the avatars matched their biological selves since the Machines would never expect them to be freed, anyway.

Now youre just looking too far into it.

J.J. Abrams

I don't think he would do it right, but I'm almost certain he would be the one in the director's chair. Call it a hunch.

They show the baby farms in the first movie.

They are apparently making another trilogy, but not a reboot. A different story In the same universe with kesnu reprising as neo

In a reboot, who plays neo? I really didn't like kesnu, he is much too stoic for my tastes.

If each iteration of the Matrix lasted at least a century, how could it always be 1999? Was the calendar shifted back to 1899 with each reboot and allowed to repeat the entire 20th century over and over again? If so, what happens to Joe Six Pack's memories from 1999 when he's part of a century-long rewind? And how does he just "pick up" a new life from 1899 onwards? Is he fed fake memories?

I don't think there is evidence to the contrary (except the first film, of course).

In the first movie, we're told The One has the power to manipulate the Matrix. In the second and third films, he can manipulate things in the real world without any explanation.
It's a fan theory that justifies this by saying it's another level of the Matrix, yes. But there is no other explanation provided by the films.
Logic dictates that in the absence of any alternative theory then the sole theory must be treated as the most likely.

It's by no means concrete, but to rule it out you must either demonstrate its flaws or provide a more likely theory. You can't just say "nah, that's stupid, it wasn't spelt out to us so it didn't happen."

Nearly all study of literature is about what isn't written, what's been left unsaid but can be inferred through the gaps in the text. The implication is often stronger than what is explicitly stated - and, again, arguments to the fan theory aren't even explicitly stated in the film. Not that The Matrix is literature, but I think the principles are the same.

>tl;dr: it's a sound theory that can't be disproven, and it seems to me that either it must be true or the films have plot holes.

Genetic engineering can solve this problem.

Holy shit, are you for real?

At that point the movie dives into pure fiction, and I understand that as a simulationist you have trouble comprehending it, since it doesn't fit a literal interpretation.

Just ANSWER THE DAMNED QUESTION!

That's because a good fiction piece would introduce the basic differences from the actual world and the movie has clearly failed at that.

The only plot hole the theory fixes is Neo having weird powers outside of the matrix.

It causes more plot holes then it covers and any references in the text or subtext were clearly meant to mean something else.

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

It was answered in the fucking movies.

>The only plot hole the theory fixes is Neo having weird powers outside of the matrix.
Is that not enough?

>It causes more plot holes then it covers
Like what?

Genuinely enjoying this thread's discussion, by the way, not attempting to troll or argue for the hell of it.

>At that point the movie dives into pure fiction
fiction still has to work within its own internal logic, specially something that deems itself science fiction. Even really soft sci-fi has to explain itself, and you can't just jump genres like that because it helps your chucklefuck of an argument.
The first movie understood itself as an action flick with an in-universe excuse for wire-fu. It brushed lightly onto philosophical themes but knew exactly what it was. The sequels went so far into their own asses they ended up failing hilariously.

When they exit the matrix, they exit the matrix. An earlier poster explains this. Neo is able to manipulate the machines because of his visit to the source, aka the architect. He now is connected to the machines in the same way they are connected to eachother.

Via the source code ya dingus

If the "Real World" is another layer of the Matrix, then why do the machines need to physically attack the humans who live in Zion?
They already do not believe in the first layer of the matrix, why not just forcibly unplug all of the nonbelievers in the third layer when Neo decides to avoid fulfilling the prophecy?

The theory completely turns the entire battle for Zion in the third movie into a mindless contrivance.

You're watching a movie. Both worlds are fiction, and narratively they form only one world anyway.

your avatar is a reflection of your self conscious, if the machines make it different for whatever reason, this will probably create flaws in the program in the long-term

>tfw it's 515 in the morning and youre trying to explain the matrix to retarded people

This is why people involved in Sci fi hate conventions. People looking for plot holes that arent there. Trying to make things more complicated than they are

It's never too late or early for autism.

Perhaps they shouldn't enter the realm of science fiction if they can't handle their stories being scrutinized.

Perhaps you shouldn't enter the realm of science fiction if you're incapable of suspension of disbelief.

Maybe you should leave the basement and try some human interaction that isn't through a computer screen. Or instead of nitpicking other people stories and lore try to create something half decent and intertwining yourself

Oh wait you can't because you're retarded

Well that can be explained in at least three ways off the top of my head.

1, it's an experiment,
2, the machines do it to keep the humans docile. If they think they're safe, they'll be less likely to fight back or wake up for real, or
3, humans infrequently did wake up and by adding another level of unconsciousness the machines are basically just adding a precaution, a contingency plan.

>Neo is able to manipulate the machines because of his visit to the source, aka the architect
I don't understand how this isn't also just a fan theory, though. Absolutely nothing is said that would suggest this. Why would him meeting a program inside the Matrix allow him to mentally manipulate stuff outside the Matrix? The only possible ways would be telekinesis or telepathy, and those are subjects that aren't even touched upon in the trilogy. It would make as much sense to point at time-travel or aliens, other sci-fi concepts that are removed entirely from this franchise.
You could MAYBE argue that Neo (and all humans) are still linked to the machines even after being unplugged via some sort of implant in his head, but again, there's no evidence to that.

Same can be said about the first layer. It's just an act

>I don't understand how this isn't also just a fan theory, though
They mention Neo having a connection to the source in the movies.

This is exhausting. Dude just go wrote the matrix 2.0 if you are so right.

But you are so wrong

Suspension of disbelief has no room in that genre, that's why it's called science fiction. The stories have to be grounded to some degree.
>Maybe you should leave the basement and try some human interaction
Cool ad-hominem, fαm. Perhaps you shouldn't enter debates you're not equipped to sustain.

Lol "equipped to sustain"

*my hands start glowing red and I begin to levitate in the air*

1. The movie never states or implies this to be the case.
2. The machines are shown to keep the humans docile with the made-up "prophecy of the one", as explained by the Architect.
3. That's the explanation the Architect gives for allowing humans to live in Zion, only to be culled when they grow too numerous.

None of those answer the question:
If Neo wasn't going to follow through with the prophecy and there is another level of consciousness beyond Zion, then why don't they just unplug Neo and everyone living in Zion?

(You)

>If Neo wasn't going to follow through with the prophecy and there is another level of consciousness beyond Zion, then why don't they just unplug Neo and everyone living in Zion?
Because that would a band-aid fix, treating the symptom and not the cause. Also, why on Earth would they unplug their batteries if they're in that other level of the Matrix? The goal would be to make them feel like they're in the real world, just like those in that other level of the Matrix, no?

If they wanted to kill humans, they'd kill them. The object is to keep them asleep, not dead.

All fiction requires suspension of disbelief.