Roast my rig. Also general music gear discussion thread. Post those fucking boards

Roast my rig. Also general music gear discussion thread. Post those fucking boards.

mim strat pleb

Soundcloud

>Altoids

Faggot

I don't do recordings, just soundscapes that piss my neighbors off. Sorry.

>implying it's not for picks and weed
What kind of animal carries those in their pocket?

there's nothing wrong with mim strats, you can also mod them...

Ayy I have the same 99 mim you do.

Here's my rig. Can now play Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star on this bad boy.

When I started playing guitar, MIM starts were $350-$400 at most. As a guitar tech by trade, I can say there's almost no difference between MIA and MIM aside from stock electronics. Walk into a store now and MIM strats are $750. Fender caught on.

i know, right. some people just want the made in usa logo i guess...

Nobody gives a fuck about a musicians gear. It's all about the music itself.

That's a big advantage if you do not have a lot of money and only work with the essentials which you become pro of handling it.

But it's a big disadvantage if you got too much money and waste it on stupid fucking gear and say "look all the shit I wasted my money on" and want anons to approve.

I got a lot of gear, too, but only stuff I actually need. Some decent monitors, two mics for different situations, midi-keyboard, interface and ableton. But I don't tell anyone just for the sake of fucking telling it. Because my music is still shit.

Fuck off. I don't like you.

so try harder asshole.

>"want anons to approve"
>OP asks for a roast

You feeling okay, bud? You seem upset.

I am, nigger

you specify "to roast" for me, pls. Is it about giving someone what he wants?

Why did you get the tight metal instead of the tightrock?

Mark?

is this a deampop/shoegaze setup? If not, then what kind of stuff do you play on it?

im jelly !

Check out my $1200 sound system KRK monitors (and not pictured 10s KRK sub) and scarlet focusrite

I don't produce music or even plan on it.

Nice rig

Because I recently sold my block letter 5150 2x12 combo in favor of the Sunn Beta Lead. I told myself I don't really play metal anymore but all my friends are still Djentfags and hardly play anything clean so I went on a "amp in a box" quest and this pedal absolutely destroyed the dozens of others I've tried, from on the wall to boutique. Funny thing is, it's made by the same engineers that made the original 5150. Also the purple pedal is a Marshall JCM 900 Gain channel in a box so it fits perfectly for saturated doom shit.

I play mostly ambient post-rock and post-hardcore stuff, along the vein of Caspian and Circa Survive. I used to play Djent/metalcore stuff but quickly grew out of it. I still have my 8 string though.

>getting Rokits as HiFi System

are you retarded? I understand getting studio monitors as playbacksystem, they sound great. But fucking rokits? I listened to them in a big music store in reference with like 20 other pairs installed right there.

I literally laughed my ass off when I switched to the rokits. Don't understand why people keep on buying these

>digital fx

poor?

Your battle station is really aesthetically pleasing. Ever consider a tube preamp to run your audio through?

Why are they so bad?

>Check out my scarlet focusrite
>consider a tube preamp

What the fuck is wrong with the people in this thread. Do you even know what a tube preamp does? Why would anyone connect a tube amp to rokits jesus fucking christ

Yeah, actually. I was lucky enough to get 90% of this board at the used price, with a lot of money saving. I'd get an analog delay, but the Obscura models them pretty damn well so I'm really happy with it.
Here's my old rig when I was a doomfag. I don't have a picture without the edgy filter, sorry.

In comparison with all monitors around the same price section, these are the most colored. It's okay if you want Hifi, Hifi is considered colored sound. But why put extra money into the "flatness" of speakers, if they aren't fucking flat? Also the color itself sounds like shit in my opinion. Boxy as hell, a lot of shit going on in the 400-600 Hz range. But that's just my taste, despite of the mentioned arguments.

>ITT: nobody knows what AmpliTube is and where to get it for free

I don't know what coloured sound is.

neat. ambient/ postrock was my second guess

I've tried every modeling program there is. BIAS, Amplitube, Guitar Rig, Pod Farm and Revalver. None of them were my thing and it's so much easier to just plug my board/amp in and start rocking instead of waiting for my PC to turn on, configure ASIO drivers, fight latency, etc, etc.

Typical systems considered as Hifi have influence on the original sound of the audio. They're built in a way that (in 99% of all Hifi cases) the lows (bass) and the highs are louder than the rest of the frequencies.

But If you're producing music, you need your playback system to be completely neutral. You need to hear what the track actually sounds like in its true nature. If your speakers have amplified bass and you produce music, the finished track may have way too less bass on other systems, because you made it too quiet. So you buy studio monitors that have a flat frequencie response.

Everything not flat is colored.

You have a point with the analog gear being easier and faster to use. But the versatilty you get with digital sound is unbelievable. I'd never buy any analog amp (except for live purposes) because you're stuck to it. And if you know your shit, digital sound can rock. Hard.

also you don't need to fight latency with a simple usb interface, even a cheap one works here. And once you got into how your plugin works, it's getting pretty easy to have nice sound.

So you're saying it's too "hifi" or too flat?

I bought them expecting clarity and got that.

I have a fender dg-7 but havent had it long and i can't do much but i think your setup is what you do op keep rockin'

>tortoise pickguard
>white pickups
>mystic blue
>stratocaster

at least no rosewood fingerboard

kill yourself / 10

B-but...
They're cream pickups.

Nothing is too hifi or too flat if it sounds like the way you like it. I'm just saying that rokits are build to be flat, and building speakers to be flat costs money. You paying money for speakers to be flat that are far away from being flat.

So why don't you safe all the money wasted in false flatness and go get some hifi that do a way bigger step into the "clarity" you're talking about?

volume and tone are cream, heck, those pickups might have ceramic magnets.

What's the switch?
The coiled cable is fucking retarded. I'm betting your dad played in the mid '80s and that's a left over of his.
Nothing really objectionable here, honestly. You need a volume pedal (I'm assuming that's a wah).

TBH the whole system was more than I wanted to spend (was thinking ~ $800 inc DAC), but it's very pretty and sounds great.

Not a bad setup. How is the Sunn? I've never really dicked around with one long enough to formulate a good opinion.

Also, no pics because I'm a fag and my rig is completely dismantled right now, but my shit is as follows:

Amp- Mesa F100
4x12 recto cab

Very watered-down and simplistic, but she sounds loud and mean for the styles that I usually play.

Effects/pedals-
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss DD7 (delay)
Boss PS3 (phaser)
Boss TR2 (trem)
Boss BF3 (flanger)
Ibanez TS9 (TUBE FUCKIN' SCREAMER)
Digitech Whammy
Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah
EB Volume/Pan

There's a bunch more random shit that I have and dick around with from time to time, but that's a majority of what I've been using lately.

There is not one single redeeming feature of this rig. It is pure amateur crap and shampoo the jizz off your carpet your fucking disgusting faggot.

Did you copy that verbatim from gearslutz?

>sounds great

I bet it actually does. Even rokits aren't cheap speakers, they're just losing against the others in their price range. Could have the same clarity with way less money invested or way better sound with the same price.

For how long do you own these?

I'm not chillin' on gearslutz but without thinking about it for long I always thought it was just a bunch of dudes jerking off to >muh analog
?

Fuck I misparagraphed the fucking greentext

not bad

more pedals than I'd ever use but solid 7/10

I have way too much shit laying around to fit in a picture

>German Pro Series Corvette w/ EMG Js (4 string, bubinga)
>Mexican fat strat w/ Pearly Gates in the bridge (zebra humbucker, cream single coils, black/white/black 3 layer pickguard, wine red, maple neck)
>Carvin VT50 head
>Peavey 412m w/ GT12-85s
>Vox Li'l Night Train head/cab
>Some hand made 2x10 w/ eminence speaks and no tweeter
>'50s Framus archtop with fretboard mounted pickup
>Agile AL2k blue burst w/ zebra coils
>Wine red chibson LP Custom w/ gold hardware/ebony fretboard
>Yamaha GL1
>a tuba
>defretted chinese p bass copy
>Rockbass corvette w/ MEC $$

My newest guitar

>muh analog
...fair

>Rockbass corvette
>German Pro Series Corvette
How much cylinder capacity have them?

VST pleb

all of it

>he uses a stratocaster.
What a faggot.

>he uses the most popular and versatile guitar ever built
not enough djent for your angsty screaming shit?

>VST pleb
change pleb to pro and you got me

Seriously, what's that switch do on the guitar?

awesome

white one switched between the different pickups for different sound. black one kills a nigger everytiem you use it

is this worth buying? i'm poor as fuck so its one of the few brand of pedals i can afford

I know what the blade switch does.
Is the other one series/parallel, bridge pickup on, middle phase, or a clapton style mid boost?
or something else I've never heard of.

*plugs in*

>OP explodes

wtf is all this garbage?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just throwing this out there: that's the comfiest god damn strap in the world.

totally depends on what amp you're playing through

it's definitely not going to make a shitty amp sound like a plexi

What do you already have?

like I told you lad, it actually kills a nigger when being used. But you got to be careful with switching it too fast for extinction purposes, because above a certain rate (I think the last paper I read about it said 3,14 per second) the effects turns upside down and gives birth to little nigglets.

It's an in/out of phase switch for the neck pickup, which I stay on a good 80% of the time. And yeah, I bought the cable during year 1 of my guitar playing because I believed the dumbass "vintage/reissue styled gear is better" idea. It kinda gets in the way for anything but bedroom playing.

I like the Sunn, but they hype over them is just that. Hype. Doom players wet themselves over the distortion when dimed but it's honestly not my thing at all. The 2 12" speakers are at a 45 degree angle towards each other so the sound is "caved in" if that makes sense. It's lightweight, stupid fucking loud and stays clean when cranked so for $350 I'm not mad about it. Have you modded your Boss pedals yet? My board has a "bass chorus" on it, but it's actually a CH-1 that the original footpad got lost to. It has the Wampler depth mod that gets super watery and washy. It's great.

I fucking love the Lil' night train. Those are so cool.

>tokai sg
>hughes and kettner edition blue 15r

like i said i'm poor as fuck

Are those fucking 12s angled inward?!

Chappers and The Captain seem to love it. I'm anxious to get one but I need a new power supply.

Get a tuner and a volume pedal, in that order. Then get the sound stuff you want.
I like H&K amps, personally.

music fags ...

>u will nevar be zztop/10

Yep. Not a fan honestly.

I haven't modded or fucked with any of my Boss stuff because I really haven't found a good reason to... I put a spring on the under side of the footpad on my Whammy though. That way it pops up right back to 'zero' when I take my foot off. Now I can leave it activated and I don't have to worry about the goddamned on/off switch. What a frustrating design.

Is it stereo?

in between all this bullshit this guy actually gave a hint to what the switch actually does, but you have to be clever to get it.

ok thanks for the advise ill definitely look into it
yeah Andertons introduced me to the brand and now i have a bunch of pedals i want to get

Id rather get a tele style much more versatile. But not from fender and not without 24 frets. I actually use all my frets for all styles of music. Djent is for fags.

Yup. With 2 different channels so 2 people can plug in at once (one through each 12") or I can stack the channels.

Well in that price range you're not going to find anything completely flat anyway. It's more about finding something with you like to work

More like: you're not going to find anything completely flat in any existing price range. I agree. But for their price you could definitely get flatter monitors. Or better sounding hifi. These rokits don't have any right to be, that's my only point.

Cheap things are cheap.
That's the only reason.

Strats are more versatile than teles base on sheer variety of tones. That said, a good tele with a tappable humbucker has a better lead tone.
going to 24 frets will fuck up your neck pickup sound. It's still a usable sound, but it's not as good as the classic single coil under the 3/4 harmonic. there's a reason almost every 24 fret guitar is HH.
Have you tried a stereo delay in there?

Ibanez src8 baritone

Edge Lord coming through

You have terrible taste, but a flying V is one of the most comfortable guitars in the world. It leads your arm to just the right spot.

So many disgusting 6 string guitars... Plebs move out of the way.

My setup is pretty messy.

For a non guitar player it looks good

Both my delays have a stereo jack for that option but I'm kind of a dumbass and don't know how to set/wire that up. Also the Sunn has no FX loop so it's all one giant chain in front of the amp.
Jelly of the Satan and the Parralaxe, although V's are not my thing. I don't play metal as much anymore but goddamn do I miss those crushing tones.

>black like my soul if i had a soul and wasn't 14, a closeted homosexual, and as beta as OPs amp

My setup, sorry about the mess. Also got a blue strat, she's a beauty. But who can guess the synth?

Compare some RP8 to some HS8s, the difference in resolution and flatness is nuts.

Shit, forgot pic

That's the meshuggah sig, no?
I need a neck pickup in everything I play. It'd drive me crazy. I have Dimarzio Dactivators in my RG8

Shit, forgot the picture

>Also the Sunn has no FX loop
The fuck? There's supposed to be an "accessory loop" for each channel on the back.

Only niggers smoke weed.

I'm thinking of putting some fishman fluence pups on this one, by the way, 8 string RG's get my dick so hard, your rg8 is beautiful