How do i pick an EPL team to follow as an american? i've been watching recently and really enjoying it...

how do i pick an EPL team to follow as an american? i've been watching recently and really enjoying it, but i think it would be much better to have a team to root for every week. i know of the huge teams, but i don't know anything about their history, personalities, fans, etc.

help me yurobongs.

How about you first pick a weight loss plan to follow.

haha simply epic Sup Forumsro! you got him SO good XD

not as good as I got your mom last night.

Arsenal: The default choice, generic and not offensive in any way. They'll finish near the top but never win, have a decent showing in the Champions League but never have a real shot at winning it. The LA Dodgers of England.

Chelsea: They were average up until 2003, when their super-rich owner showed up and started pumping money into the team. The Boston Red Sox of England

Manchester City: Completely mediocre until 2008, when their super-rich owner showed up and started pumping money into the team. Completely soulless in every way, but they're loaded. Can't really think of an equivalent in American sports (maybe the Dodgers?).

Manchester United: Historically very successful, richest team, everyone hates them. The Dallas Cowboys of England.

Liverpool: Haven't won in decades, but their fans still think they're the greatest. The Dallas Cowboys of England.

Tottenham: Basically Discount Arsenal. Much richer than the lower 14 but much poorer than the top 5. They will always be on the verge of getting good but never actually get there. Pick them if you're a bandwagon fan who doesn't want to be called a bandwagon fan. The Washington Nationals of England.

i live in dallas and have been a cowboys fan my entire life. how should i pick between those cowboys teams?

Feel like everyone else criticizes your team unfairly and that your team gets screwed over by forces outside of its control? Pick Liverpool.

Revel in the hatred and jealousy from other fans, don't mind if your team resembles a business more than a sports team? Pick Man United.

follow your local MLS team.

you absolutely can't follow a european team as an american without looking like a faggot

arselulz

don't just "pick" a team, there's no sense in that.

try reading about the teams' histories, try watching them play, learn about how the supporters are perceived. they'll start to appeal to you more or less and one will find you.

oh watching people be obsessed with the cowboys every weekend is my favorite thing about Sup Forums, so manchester united i guess.

>Picking a foreign team
You fucking cuck

which ever team steven gerrard is in now

Just go Arsenal like all the other plastic spastics m8.

If that's what you're going for then Liverpool's a better bet because the ABLs on Sup Forums are fucking hilarious.

West ham are London's team, and their fans are fucking dick holes.

Like the Dallas Cowboys.

>americans CHOOSE what team to root for

wew lad, I though it was just a joke

That's a funny way of spelling Chelsea m8.

Support Middlesbrough and watch them draw against Man City tomorrow

Mostly correct, but Tottenham writes actually (((Tottenham)))

Support your local team ffs

If you like seeing Sup Forums get mad about your team Liverpool is the way to go

Spurs are the good guys among the big teams. It will be glorious when they win the EPL either this season or next so jump on the wagon with them.

Who cares? They're all the same anyway. Blue white and red jerseys all over the place.

Also
>watching FÜtbol

I don't think it will ever happen. They're in the same rut that Arsenal have been in for a long time now.

>solid team
>good manager
>just missing one or two pieces to be a title-winning side
>oh, whoops, our best player just fucked off to Manchester/Spain

Last season was their chance. They won't do it this season, and Alderweireld will probably leave next season if he continues to perform the way he has. Same goes for Kane if he scores 20+ in the league again, Man United are desperate and will offer him a Rooney-tier contract.

The difference is Spurs actually want to win the EPL. Arsenal's whole business model is based on top 4 finish but not challenging for the title.

>The difference is Spurs actually want to win the EPL

Do they? Tottenham's revenue and wage bill puts them way behind Liverpool (let alone the 4 richest clubs). For them to put together a team capable of winning the league, they would have to dramatically increase spending, and it doesn't seem like Levy is interested in that (especially with their new stadium).

yeah defo go for liverpool over man u cause liverpool are on the up right now, whereas ABUs are having a hell of a time at the moment

Lester

Tyron is right

>MLS
>Faggot
pick one

>soccer

Gas yourself

>Chelsea: They were average up until 2003, when their super-rich owner showed up and started pumping money into the team. The Boston Red Sox of England
>Manchester City: Completely mediocre until 2008, when their super-rich owner showed up and started pumping money into the team. Completely soulless in every way, but they're loaded. Can't really think of an equivalent in American sports (maybe the Dodgers?).
Chelsea are seen as just as soulless, perhaps more so, than City. Google 'Chelsea plastic flags'.

Nah, Chelsea at least had a reputation for being Neo-Nazis. What were Man City fans before the Arabs? "We're not United"?

just watch a few games and follow whatever team appeals to you the most. it's not rocket science and you'll be called a bandwagonner no matter what so it's also no biggie if you decide to switch teams later on

If you're happy to live by headcanon, that's fine by me. I mistakenly thought you'd be interested in some truth.