Robot Wars 2016

Heat A is T O N I G H T

Week 1 Competitors

>Melee 1

Behemoth
Carbide (Look out for these guys, probably the best robot in week 1)
Bonk
The General

>Melee 2

Kill-E-Crank-E (Made by the old Bodyhammer/Pussycat team)
Nuts
Razer
Terrorhurtz

Top 2 from each melee go through and enter a "mini-league" in which all 4 robots compete against each other once. A win by knockout is worth 3 points, or 2 points by judges decision. The top 2 robots left go through to the final and face off to get into the next round.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dMSPW6EU0zQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5OgRqDPfPA
youtube.com/watch?v=MEQ7Pytnpj0
youtube.com/watch?v=hfGxxf_WHvM
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/beebs-unblock-bbc-iplayer/opmliiafmgjkgkfadkpomlefdllhajdi?hl=en
bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbctwo
youtube.com/watch?v=SJ77e-Uzscs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

some of these names sound absolute shit

>no Craig Charles slam poetry
it's shit. it's shit

Craig Charles does too many drugs for that to work, his life is already incredible

youtu.be/dMSPW6EU0zQ

I am confused as to why both presenters are irish. This isn't a complaining about diversity thing because they're fucking Irish but still

Accidental probably

Incidentally one of the reviews said that only 2 of the teams have women and the diversity angle really isn't pushed at all which is nice. Was a bit unbearable on the new American season of battlebots

which country is this?
in the us we just have "Battle Bots" every thursday on ABC

if the chaos team comes back their team leader used to be a woman so you'd have 2 and a half teams with women

UK, it's got top gear's slot on BBC 2 this week

>George Francis is a girl
Fucking hell, I always used to think that too.

Who /watchingseriesfiveonchallenge/ here?

>Dara O Brien
This does not bring hype, I like him but Dave Lister shouted and got hype going for the next battle

Craig's a big loss but at least Pearce is still commentating, which is more important.

fuckin get hyped, cunts

>off his face

please, the guy is just exhausted and in the groove, he worked hard to get clean

I believe it

yeah he doesn't look high to me either

youtube.com/watch?v=Y5OgRqDPfPA

youtube.com/watch?v=MEQ7Pytnpj0

youtube.com/watch?v=hfGxxf_WHvM

>An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar... Errrhhhhhhhhhhh

most people make some sort of noise while coming up with a response, not the weirdest thing

What time does it start UK time?

Most people use filler words or sounds to think about what they are going to say next, not as replacements for saying something coherent

Dara never finishes jokes, there is never a punchline, he makes a setup and then just goes 'eeerrhhhhhhh'

The only time he gets laughs on panel shows is by taking someone else's contribution and then rewording it slightly and saying it louder and or adding a scatological reference.
Now he is shitting up Sky At Night too. I fucking hate that retarded bog paddy cunt.

8 on BBC2, taken the Top Gear slot.

8pm

aw yis

He can be funny sometimes, I thought Tickling the English was a good book.

>Razer

It's going to disappoint isn't it ;_;

There better be a fucking stream for this.

If you're outside the UK then install this

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/beebs-unblock-bbc-iplayer/opmliiafmgjkgkfadkpomlefdllhajdi?hl=en

And then watch here in 2 hours 55 mins

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbctwo

I'm British. I meant a stream with you guys.

Give me a good website to stream from and I can stream for you if you want.

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT

>tfw Diotoir didn't "qualify" for the series
New producers confirmed for hating fun.

But a machine in Episode 3 called Overdozer is made of wood and has a petrol engine. But the house robots purposefully didn't put it on fire when they got the chance.

Pretty sure there's no fire of any sort in this version because it makes safety so much easier. None in the arena and no sgt bash.

There is absolutely a fire pit in this series. They've accounted for any safety concerns by just having two layers of bullet proof glass around the arena and another one for the arena wall itself. Much better alternative than having to put strict rules against what weapons you can have.

>Top 2 from each melee go through and enter a "mini-league" in which all 4 robots compete against each other once
Already worse than Battlebots

Far better system than the old one tßh, good robots were eliminated by what seemed like bad luck previously. This time there'll be no such excuses.

But this allows weaker robots to get ahead by targeting a stronger bot in a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 situation. 1 on 1 fights will always be superior to a 4 way brawl

True, I just hope for S2 he gets sacked

No the mini-league part means

A vs B
C vs D
A vs C
D vs B
A vs D
C vs B

And then the top 2 using the points system in the OP go through to a final.

Ah that makes more sense although it does prolong the show and doesn't allow for as many robots to be showcased

Who team #grannysrevenge here?

What ever happened to that giant American much that challenged the Japanese much and they said they would fight this year? Did that happen?

I hope panic attack makes a return. I loved his design when I was a kid for some reason

By much I meant mech god damn auto correct.

>It's a flipper robot vs flipper robot episode

>it's a pusher robot vs a pusher robot episode

hi guys

>It's a new upcoming champion faces the Hypno Disk and gets rekt immediately

only euros do it
it makes you look like a slack jawed retard

delete this

American team went to kickstarter and started Jewing, it's still totally happening though, just needs you to donate more shekels as $554,592 isn't enough to rent out a field and some cameras.

lmao

Not really. There's 8 robots per episode just like the old series and the episodes are longer than they used to be. Here's how it works.

Melee 1 has A, B, C and D. Melee 2 has E, F, G and H. If A and B won their melee and G and H won theirs then they'd go in a round robin format like:

A vs B
G vs H
A vs G
B vs H
B vs G
A vs H

And if A and H came up on top after those they'd fight again in the heat final.

It goes out in the first battle.

rabbit or cytube?

youtube.com/watch?v=SJ77e-Uzscs

ACTIVATE

doesn't work

I can setup a Cytube sure. I need somewhere to actually stream it that won't get me banned or some shit.

>it's a robot that breaks down vs one that didn't start episode

>It's a Refbot eats shit with no consequence to the offending robot episode

Best robot coming through, make way faggots

>Mortis fan
>Calling anyone faggots
Posh Cambridge gits who spent tens of thousands of pounds were literally beat by £100 machines.

>be dad
>somewhat decent at engineering
>make a robot for your son
>actually make it onto tv, kid smiling at you being super proud
>get matched against hypnodisk/razer

Mortis is pretty meme-tier, honestly.

Image attached was my favourite as a kid, even though its track record was trash-tier

if they start with the TECHNOLOGY IS ~SO AWESOME~ shit i'll reeee so hard

i just want hairy dads building shit in their sheds with the kids before getting the shit kicked out of them by the house robots

like if i see one uni student team full of chinks or whatever i'll post a sandwich bag of shit to dara

If there are 9 three minute battles like OP seems to be suggesting there'll barely be time for anything else desu, that's 27 minutes out of 60.

It's actually back. I'm shaking right now tbqh lads.

where my Sup Forums boys at hit dat reply niggas

To be fair that's exactly what Mortis was and it was shit.

>You didn't make a hypnodisk clone for your kid

>it's another Hypno-Disc or Chaos 2 rip-off robot

Aye. Shithead mods once again

NTH FOR MODS = FAGS

Sup Forums is a lot more excited about this than Sup Forums, no reason to move the thread.

Be aware that there are Sup Forums refugees here now

Shiny and chrome

Days without Robot Wars Episode: 4500

FIVE BINGS

The four robots that make it through the melee's each have a "meet the roboteers" section so that'll probably take up another 3 minutes each.

I'm getting Real Steel spoiled for me right now

Is it as shit as it looks?

Seriously. Weren't Battle Bot threads allowed earlier in the year?

piece of shit mod

Really makes you think

Yes

RAZER
A
Z
E
R

Yank cunt mods as usual

It's pretty cheesy, but the effects were pretty good.

What are you on about? Mortis was non-chink lecturers spending a fuckton of money and failing to deliver. It was neither hairy dads working in sheds nor a uni team full of chinks.

YOU MAY BE A NEET VIRGIN
AND THINK ALL WOMEN ARE WHORES
BUT YOU'LL ALWAYS HAVE FRIENDS
HERE AT ROBOT WARS
BUH BYE!

Absolutely this.

>Sgt Bash

If they could at least consistently be assholes. But no, they're favouritist assholes on top of it, who let Americans get away with whatever shit they want.

Why didnt they just bring back Craig Charles instead of that unfunny fat Irish cunt from mock the week.

Post your:
>Fav robot
>Age when you started watching the show
>When you gave up watching the show
>Winner of today's episode

Hypnodisc
When Chaos 2 got flipped out in S6, but came back for the S6 finale.
>Terrorhurtz

>YFW classic designs such as this probably won't be as widespread in the reboot

A fucking lobster.

This film going off looked shit.

I genuinely believe they just want to try to fuck with any Brit stuff wherever they can. I guess they're just salty that our threads are the most popular.

Honestly Brits run Sup Forums.

>robot wars not allowed on Sup Forums
>battlebots was
>fucking /bet/ is

ace

Same team were in the pilot for the new series with Kapow

>I've snorted charlie and banged some whores
>but nothing compares to the magic of Robot Wars

what did he mean by this la?