Gf just got diagnosed with major depressive disorder and is on prozacs

Gf just got diagnosed with major depressive disorder and is on prozacs.

what do / ama

Take care of her you twit.

Just love her and make sure she takes her meds. Does she let you do weird shit in bed?

fuck in the ass while passed out on pills and buzz film it post here profit?

Enjoy watching the Prozac kick in. See the light in her eyes die a little every day, bit by bit. See her stop being depressed as her ability to process things emotionally deadens. Watch her drift, from you and everybody, and watch it not help. Watch her do all this without confronting the things in her life that are making you unhappy, and without things ever getting better for her.

s/you/her

thanks user, actually crying rn.

ya she does, she's incredibly kinky and would do anything to me or let me do anything to her.

>major depressive disorder
is that the millenial term for "special snowflake syndrome"?

Listen to her shit and you'll get rewarded eventually. Just be there when she goes through shit and try listening to her. I guarantee you'll eventually get a "Thank you for being there for me, user" blowjob down the line. Me and the GF both have it and having someone there to listen and be there is the best help you can give. All you have to do is listen and be there. Easy.

Emotions bring out love in people. When you boil it down, love is just sex and reproduction. Good luck user.

Ditch the pills, incrementally till she's not using them anymore. Replace with drinking plenty of fluids, exercise daily, plenty of sun (or a vitamin D supplement if you live somewhere shit), laughter and if possible some kind of vocal exertion, singing, humming, whistling etc. I'm no longer on Prozac and life's good.

Post her phone number so all the friendly people on Sup Forums can give her words of encouragement.

doesn't have a phone.

Sorry, but Prozac probably won't help. Antidepressants might technically make you less depressed, but only by virtue of suppressing your ability to think about the things that are making you unhappy. If you can't dwell on things, it's hard to be too terribly depressed. But it doesn't actually make you feel better, and it doesn't allow you to arrive at the source of your unhappiness and deal with it. In my experience and the experiences of several people I've known, antidepressants prolong depression.

it's already too late for you

>antidepressants prolong depression.

they should teach this in kindergarten

Don't listen to user, OP. I've got clinical depression and I've been taking Prozac for about 4-5 years now. It doesn't make you an emotionless potato-sack. It just mellows you out. Just like it prevents you from reaching extreme lows, it prevents you from reaching highs (which is why it's been a go-to for schizos and dangerous tards). She's gonna be fine. Just let things happen as they would normally. Nothing has changed.

Try checking in with her emotions from time to time. Avoided telling her what to do (a subtle way people do this is by using the words "should" and "shouldn't"), and instead give advise on how you cope with bad situations (or just random shit you read on the Internet, on sites other than Sup Forums, and claim you do them to cope with negative emotions). When she feels sad, don't treat it as a bad thing, because that can make her feel worse for feeling the "wrong" emotion. If she says she wants to kill or hurt herself, tellol your school counter, or at the very least tell her to tell some sort of therapist so she can get some more help, and try to convince her that it isn't going to be any more damaging than what she would do otherwise.
>I had severe depression for a bit, went to all sorts of therapy and shit, after Sup Forums chucked me when I tried asking how i should kill myself.

>Major depressive disorder shit
fuck her to death, don't even waste your time trying to help her. It won't work, it never works.

If she doesn't want to fuck then just leave her.

Her email, Skype, Facebook? There has to be some way for millions of lonely guys to tell her how great she is.

Or it won't do anything at all. Shit barely beats placebo in tests

All you can do is be there for her.
Sad but true. Came off Prozac a year ago, had totally forgotten about feelings and colours

Give her some DMT. Nothing like a little ego death to cure depression.

OP, check with her psychiatrist for wellbutrin (bupropion). It has far fewer side effects than SRRIs, and has no impact on sexual dysfunction, as well as not causing weight gain.

It even complements SRRIs, by reducing sexual dysfunction and increasing energy.

What is everyone's problem with Prozac?

It doesn't help, and moreover actively prevents you from helping yourself. At best, it puts you in emotional stasis until the shit in your life blows over.

Prozac works well for severe depression, helping stabilize the mood of someone who's being severely impacted by it. In other words, someone who's been losing control, close to suicide or with obsessive behavior.

In those cases, stabilizing the person is the first step to improve. But in cases of moderate depression, especially situational depression, the impact is to big, numbing you down and preventing you from doing things that would improve your life.

That's a pretty accurate description, actually.

As a person with diagnosed major depressive disorder, let me help you.

First, get her off Prozac, but find another antidepressant. Prozac is bad shit, but there are other medications out there that do a much better job, she just needs to target what exactly her depression does. For me, Lexapro has been a (literal) life saver, I already feel better and it also helps with my anxiety. But you will have to find out what's best for her based on her situation, however Prozac is complete shit.

Also, don't listen to faggots like these who have no idea what they are talking about. Depression isn't a "feeling" you have, depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. Telling someone with depression to "just be positive and exercise!!!" is like telling someone with cancer to just stop having cancer.

SSRI, not SRRI, my mistake.

OP, also get her to workout. Nothing big, something like 20 minutes everyday walking outside or on a treadmill. It significantly increases the levels of neurotransmitters in the brain, similarly to medication.

The ideal treatment is exercise combined with medication and talk therapy (but NO psychoanalysis, that is bullshit pseudoscience).

And don't listen to the idiots here who talk about feelings. It is a physical disease, with a chemical imbalance in the brain. This guy got it right:

>Depression isn't a "feeling" you have, depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain.
The criteria for major depressive disorder only require two weeks of unusually low mood and lack of pleasure in normal activities to be diagnosed. For huge numbers of people who are diagnosed with depression and put on these drugs, these emotions are normal and should be worked through rather than suppressed. Not every case of depression is purely a chemical imbalance. Prozac might help the imbalanced, but it harms those who are not.

get rid of that bitch

/thread
heres some of her feet

Sorry, I was talking about clinical depression, not situational depression.

Situational depression most often goes away, but can develop into clinical depression, which is a chronic abnormal brain activity.

tits

booty

more tits

Definitely. I'm just saying that depression should be assumed to be situational for as long as is reasonable, and Prozac or other antidepressants should not be a first step until it's being treated as clinical depression.

If she's taking prozac, make sure she's loved and feels loved before she kills herself. Anti-depressants can fuck you up worse than the depression itself.

Yep, we are in agreement.

Sadly there is still major prejudice against mental diseases, which is exacerbated by the still-trendy psychoanalysis, which in many cases is pure bullshit (especially the French school, with Lacan & company). It wrongly stated depression to be just a symptom, no matter how severe, avoiding medication and potentially leading to suicide.