Unpopular opinions thread

I like Grimes's music, but I don't think it's perfect, and I hate waifuposters.
This opinion is unpopular because everyone on this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion. There is no middle ground.

I don't like U2

I like Music

In The Fade is one of the worst songs off of Rated R, and Monsters In The Parasol is the best.

yeah what's up with that? I feel like the rage must be in response to the waifufagging because she's really just "pretty good." Nothing to get all pissed off about except the waifufags themselves.

Not only do I love Muse, but I even like their recent albums.

>because everyone on this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes
She released a two 6's, a 7, and an 8.

Is that middle ground enough?

But anyway Volta > Medulla

>6's-8's/10
>middle ground
user, did you take math when you were in high school? Or grade school? Or kindergarten?

>Kanye west is overrated
>Kendrick Lamar is overrated but still much better than the majority of rappers
>rock music is generic and boring
>metal is an immature genre

PinkBlack is fucking terrible.

I feel you.

I like X&Y and I think it's Coldplay's magnum opus.

I agree
She looks like an ogre honestly
But , it comes from an overreaction from both sides

weezer is shit

pop punk is actually unforgivable and it just proves that you don't listen to enough music because if you did you wouldn't need to listen to such a low form of music

i don't like the majority of white light white heat

indie folk is boring

blues is pretty kid

there's no such thing as patrician pop

patrician, pleb, and contrarian are just buzzwords with no weight in an argument

old hip hop > 2010s hip hop

british can't make punk music

british can't make reggae or ska

british were the best at making psychedelic music in the 60s since the other band's at the time were just making rock/rhythm and blues and not heavily experimenting with song structure, vocals/chants, etc

no wave is good

it takes talent to make a noise album you listen to more than three times

minneapolis had better punk bands than new york and la

I heavily agree with everything here up until the British stuff and some stuff thereafter

nothing against the british in particular but the buzzcocks, the clash, and sex pistols are not even close to american punk music. siouxsie and banshees are more raw and radical than them and they're considered post punk

>blues is pretty kid
what did he mean by this
>british were the best at making psychedelic music in the 60s since the other band's at the time were just making rock/rhythm and blues and not heavily experimenting with song structure, vocals/chants, etc
who are the red krayola
pretty much agree otherwise

SAY IT FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK.
God I cant stand the Sex Pistols.

On the other hand. Subhumans and Rudimentary Peni are english and made some of the best punk albums ever. The Day the Country Died is flawless.

The two 6 albums would technically be middle ground.

And either way it's more level than most peoples ratings on here for her ya condescending prick.

I was actually thinking about agent orange and some other one offs with reggae and one two tone album .
Another thing here, third wave American ska is super shit

i was reading the word kid when i was meaning to type good.

fuck dude red krayola is just what i've been looking for. very expressive lead singer thanks

yes. fortunately i don't live with anyone that thinks third wave ska isn't a crime. nothing really beats lee scratch perrey for me

>metal is an immature genre
opposite, it's way past its prime

Yeah like i like dub too. My thing is that at the same time in Latin America and elsewhere in Europe and Asia , the actually moved it in a direction that was for fitting how it should have moved, of course they tried to live off their old glory days and became too self aware and made very shit stuff but itvwas nice what they made .

user, the average of 6, 6, 7, and 8 is 6.75 - not 6.

And again, that's closer to 'middle ground' than a lot of other's rate it on here.

At least I'm not panning every release or giving all of them 10/10 like OP claims people do.

I unironically like Train

lyrical madness second only to scooter

>everyone on this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion. There is no middle ground.
Lol I'm part of the middle ground you mistakenly think doesn't exist (because of participation bias and all that.) I love Grimes' music, think she's an okay person, and am not a waifuposter.

>weezer is shit
Fucking this

Also Radiohead is a pretentious band for pretentious autists

also pretentiousness doesn't necessarily make a band wholly bad

I only like supercollider

It's not a bad band, but it certainly doesn't deserve all the wankery it gets. Kid A isn't one of the best albums of all time, but since it has a 2deep feeling to it people hold it on some pedestal like it's God's gift to man.

>I like Grimes's music, and I hate waifuposters
>everyone on this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion

are you retarded

DAMN. really isn't that good.

I don't mind listening to Top 40 music but most of it really is shit.

I like U2.

Neutral Milk sucks

This album is terrible. I can't get more than three tracks into it. I don't understand how you people even like it

Edgy

Fantano is a pretty cool guy

I don't like Madvillainy at all

ay mate that's cool and all but this is an opinions thread, not a falsehoods one.

You're actually retarded. The first 3 tracks are the best tracks.

I'm the middleground, but I lean towards liking her.

The Beatles was the best band ever.

Prog is too nerdy and most prog fans I meet are stubborn manchildren.

kpop is shit

I like James Blunt

Oasis has 3 10/10 albums

I like Youth & Young Manhood but I prefer King's of Leon's later albums. WALLS and Mechanical Bull are in no way inferior to their early works.

if you can get over his poor tastes he's actually quite fun to watch

it was my favorite album once. then i turned 19 and stopped taking acid

Plastic Beach by Gorillaz is not only the best album by Gorillaz but one of the best albums of the decade.

>Lyrics are almost all very bad.

>Hip-hop is less mature than metal, which actually has many very good albums while hip-hop has a handful, most of which are instrumental

>Sup Forums-core is about as mature as metal on average and the only reason Sup Forums hates metal so much more is because they are a certain genetic type of person with anti-masculin tendencies

>given the above, nu-males totally exist, totally pervade Sup Forums, and are basically a genetic archetype of person consisting of faggy guys.

>There are only two black musical geniuses: Ornette Coleman and Charles Mingus

>Jimi Hendrix is considered the greatest guitar player ever because he is a black person, and would be considered merely good if he were white, sort of akin to the status of Eric Clapton

>Almost no popular music before WWII is worth listening to except as a historical relic.

>The worst post-WWII musical period is from late 1974 to early 1976

>All rock musicians in the 1950s, including Chuck Berry, Bo Didley, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, et cetera; are talentless jokes.

>Michael Jackson, Prince, the Beatles, every member of Pink Floyd except for Syd Barrett, the Beach Boys and David Bowie are all talentless freaks

>David Bowie's Berlin trilogy should be credited to Brian Eno as the main artist.

>Jazz and classical music have about as many tired cliches as rock music does and aren't actually higher quality than rock on a large scale.

Lydon redeemed himself with PiL.

What about PiƱata? You may just not like Doom.

>I hate waifuposters.
>everyone on this board, in regards to Grimes, is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion. There is no middle ground.
so you hate yourself?

Not to be that guy, but have you listened to their earlier stuff?

Be Here Now is NOT a 10/10. Or are you talking about The Masterplan.

You are saying some things that can be objectively wrong and non-sensical.

>Jazz and classical music have about as many tired cliches as rock music does and aren't actually higher quality than rock on a large scale.

But this? This is just taking a shit after you ate that shit before

why do i get the impression you're a divorced 35 year old

Visions and Art Angels are 10/10 and actually the best albums of the decade!

My Chemical Romance was the best rock band of the 2000s

Goddess take on many forms. Some of them may resemble ogres to the uninitiated. But we do not scorn the unenlightened for their folly. No, we pity them, for they lack the eyes to see the world as it is.

>Souvlaki is better than loveless
>radiohead are overated
>indie rock is the most uninspired genre of music.

Nine Inch Nails is not as edgy as you lot told me it was. It's depressingly real with exception to the Broken and TDS period, especially Fragile onwards.

Courtney Love blows...

..her husband's band out of the water. She's a total fucking nutcase and a true to form autist, but she is far more real than he ever was.

Grimes posters are nice people that do god's work here.

delete this

The best;

Classical is chamber music
Jazz is hard hop
Rock is Kreatrock
Hip hop is turntablism
Techno is electro
House is acid
Breaks are oldskool hardcore
Traditional folk is throat singing
Regional music is dub
EAI is turntable music

Deadmau5 > Aphex Twin

The Chainsmokers > Death Grips

I hate:
>The Beatles
>Nirvana
>Pink Floyd

half of top 40 is better than most of garbage spammed here. indies fuckin dead

El-P has contributed more to hip hop than any of the artists that get spammed here and its a crime that he's not widely considered one of the greatest artists in the genre.

>kanye

>i don't like the majority of white light white heat
God tier A Side, Shit tier B Side

This

MBDTF would be much better without "Hell of a Life," "Blame Game," and many of the guest verses, namely Jay Z's.
>mfw LOOOVE

Angels of Light > Swans

Are you 12?

>Gangsta Rap has sucked out almost all the fun in rap, leading to most modern rap being overly serious and unpleasant

>The Grateful Dead were better in the studio than live

>The Velvet Underground was at its best when writing sweet songs, Sister Ray is one of the worst things they ever produced (whole Bside of white light/white heat actually)

>ITAOTS is a good album, but nothing more

>Only radiohead song worth listening to is creep

>The song 'Radiohead' by Talking Heads is better than anything Radiohead have ever made

What do you consider gangsta rap? I consider artists like NWA, the Game, and Snoop Dogg to fit under that umbrella. I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by "sucked out almost all the fun in rap."

i like Linkin Park?

I feel like most modern rappers either just do mumble rap (which I hate) or try to copy those artists you listed, but worse. What I'm saying is a miss fun rap/hiphop.

low tier bait
kys

rap "music" and similar negro jungle beats can not be considered good by any standard and you've been brainwashed by Shlomo if you listen to any negro derivative

Black people don't make good music.

This response is super cringe
Someone screencap this for the cringe threads

What is reggaeton?

>british can't make punk music

Define punk. it's just a different than american punk but it's still punk. and IMO far more open minded and experimental then american punk

>british can't make reggae or ska

do you mean first wave ska? because second wave is exclusively british and imo way better than the 1st wave. and third wave is american pop punk crossover cancer

>is either a waifuposter or hates Grimes with a burning passion
You're an idiot. There's a third category: people who genuinely like her music. Apparently you're just a waifuposter.

dj screw invented vaporwave

>IMO far more open minded and experimental then american punk
This. Try getting bands like Crass in american punk

John oslwald

Load and ReLoad is Metallica's best musical output.

>she's really just "pretty good."
"Pretty good", "bad", "amazing", "good", "decent" are all subjective terms. We're dealing with music, which can't be judged objectively except stating some basic facts (this song has 3 chord changes etc). An artist should be judged by the impact of their music, not some bullshit "objective" criteria.

Speaking of her, just a pretty good artist wouldn't get so much acclaim worldwide, wouldn't make people having strong emotions related to her work and her as a person, wouldn't be appreciated by other artists. Only a great artist could manage that. She's polarizing on Sup Forums, but really acclaimed outside of this board.

lol you an alt-right "retro-gamer"?

This.

>there's no such thing as patrician pop