Has anyone here ever seen a dead person? If so what's it like to see a fellow human completely absent from life?

Has anyone here ever seen a dead person? If so what's it like to see a fellow human completely absent from life?

It's like you're constantly waiting for the corpse to become alive
Mix of fright and hope
Unexpected memories will come up, though

if its family,. and ill add, if its someone you know that you deeply care about it takes your breath away, life changes from being however it was before to life after that person died. a piece of you is gone forever

it smells, it fucks with your head, and it brings to your mind the absolute fragility of life. they always seem to look comfortable though

All hope fades when the body starts to get colder and colder

I'm an aged care nurse and from my experiences its an eerie silence, yet calming to see people at peace.

I was closer to my grandmother when she died.
I was close to more than one dead body in my life.
Watching someone dying is what you think it is, it is a heavy moment. You know it's something that there's no way back.
As hours go by, the color change and it's weird to think about touching the body. I helped the para medics to lift my grandmother, rigor mortis makes you feel really weird, looking at a person that is now just this "thing"...
I've seen a dead man once in the streets, called the police and i was near him and it was not the best moment, because i didn't even knew him and i was...i think best way to put it is, i was scared at looking at his face, like i didn't wanted to know who he was, i didn't want to remember.
Death is death in the end OP, we all leave bodies, for me the weirdest part was watching the coffin going down, made me think about all the dirt that would go on top of it, it was really a fucked up feeling.

The weirdest part is coming to the conclusion that the person is dead. At first, it's like you're trying to find reasons why they could still be alive. Then, with the cold skin, the lack of a heartbeat, and lastly no air coming out of the mouth, it's like you knew all along. At first, you don't feel anything, but when you pick up the phone to call somebody you notice your voice is shaking. I suppose that's shock?

you'll figure it out soon enough, everybody dies.

Worked as a nursing assistant in a care home. Saw three people dead, but they were all very old and very ill, and I'd basically watched the life drain out of them over weeks & months. So it seemed not too bad - peaceful, natural, inevitable, not necessarily something to be feared. Never seen young or healthy people die suddenly or anything, bet that's very different.

I had to identify my sisters body after her boyfriend shot her head off. It was surreal. 13yrs later, still hurts every day.

I hold her hand while she died, it kills your soul a little

My best friend is a dead person. We used to hang out a lot but then I moved away. I don't know what he's doing now other than being dead. So it really wasn't any different from a live person like he didn't move around or anything and he smelled really bad. But other than that he was cool.

Medfag here, literally sees dead people daily

I'm a radiography student, in my first year we had to learn anatomy on people who had donated their bodies for science. Every Monday morning was dead person day, after like 2-3 months of this seeing a different dead person everyweek become kinda normal tbh.

Saw my grandads heart rate monitor drop off to flatline, it's a weird kind of feeling and it looks like a really silent sleep

i work at a morgue and I gotta say, fucking a dead person isn't all that bad. not that i've ever fucked a living person, but...

I saw someone get stabbed in the heart. They immediately fell to the ground unconscious. I tried to give first aid, after about 30 seconds, they let out this prolonged sigh and it was like ...oh fuck, this nigger just died and gave up the ghost. I was amazed at how immediately apparent it was.

my brother died of an overdose in 07'. obviously not the same circumstances but I had to I.D. his body.

The sudden death brings intense remorse. I still dream about him living within my life at least weekly. Like he was never gone, hes just there doing what he was doing before, being him.

Its fucking terrible.

Fuck that's hard, reminds me of a story of my teacher who had to identify his daughter. Her face was gone because she hit the road after her boyfriend did a wheelie on a motorcycle.

Sounds hot

What exactly were you identifying if he shot her head off? Police would use other means for ID instead of having a family member witness gore.

did you catch the fuck that did this ?

It could be probably, but it was my gf mother, so it wasn't.
Sad!

I'm not him, but if you know what clothes she had on that they or a birthmark somewhere on her body.

When I was 19 and in college, took a class trip to mess with a cadaver.
Guy was in his late 40's, already cracked open.
Doctor looked exactly like Doc Brown and weilded a scapel like a god damn switch blade.
And I held a human heart.

4/10 would not use Necromancy

A few. Its meh.

They don't look at all like they did alive.

While were at it though, im friends with a girl who embalms bodies. Her first one was an old man. She turned around and bent over to pick up a bottle of embalming fluid, and in that moment the body got rigormortous and slapped her ass.

Watched three teens get crushed by a wall. One if their heads popped. I felt nothing but the prople around me were screaming and hiding their eyes. I just stood there and watched. They were killed instantly. I have seen a few other dead bodies. Not sure why but it has never bothered me much.

I visit her grave with a lawnchair to talk every month. Even if it's just me talking to myself it's nice. 2 kids, a business, house...she's missed a lot. Always keep her in the loop.

They had no other means of identifying her other than a tattoo that only I knew about. Her entire head was gone. They "knew" it was her but needed family to identify her for legal purposes. Parents were too old at the time to travel across country to do it, so they called me instead.

He killed himself after he did it, before he could be apprehended. I've shit/pissed on hia grave but it didn't make me feel better.

I've seen something like this once, I needed psychiatric help.
Happened when I was 18

>what clothes she had on that they or a birthmark somewhere on her body
Birthmarks, tattoos, and scars can be described, or ID'd in a picture. Clothing and jewelry can be seen in a picture, or apart from the deceased. Cops and coroners, avoid showing gore to family members - particularly when there's no fucking reason. I'm a cop BTW.

EDGE LORD

My edges are rather dull now days

>identifying her other than a tattoo that only I knew about.
So they didn't have a Polaroid camera like every other coroner in the civilized world. Right user, we believe your sad story.

Nigga have you never been to a funeral?

>I'm a cop BTW.

why lie though, why are you here on the internet lieing?

Only someone I killed as a project. Seen other dead animals too. It's like seeing anything else and it's smelly.

Work as a security guard in a hospital, see dead bodies all the time. It's disturbing at first but you get used to it. most of them are elderly anyway.

Weak arse nigga, I worked in a morgue part time when I was 17.
It's just flesh at the end of the day, however, you never really get past the smell and taste in the air of purification.

Also, when rtc victims came in in a selection of bags and you have to play jigsaw.

It's surreal because in your head something that was alive slowly begins to more and more have the vibe of an inanimate object.

Saw some 40 year old guy OD in a leagues club, thought he was just passed out in the cubicle but he was fucking gonezo's.

Yup I saw my father die, hear him take his last breath. Kinda fucked up

I see dead people almost on a weekly basis. After a while they just look like a lifeless human object.

It's sad really. It's hard to believe it at first especially if you have known that person for a long time. It gives you that really uneasy feeling that in the end we have very little control over reality and universe around us and that we spend most of our lives in some sort of fake imaginary bubbles just to fool ourselves that we still have time. In some way its a redpilling experience, but once you lose that blissful igonrance some part of you will be irreversibly changed forever.

They asked me to identify her, I did. Believe what you want I'm not here to impress you.

I was staying at my parents house for a weekend visit. My mother wakes me in the middle of the night and says somethings wrong with dad. Go in and check and that nigger's dead. About 3 hours later as the coroner was wheeling him out of the house I was thinking - this is fucked up.

Who did you see die?

Yea specially when they are still young, my dad was going to retire the next year but nope.avi heart attack while at dinner

pretty straight forward; sleeping... though obvious wounds and cod might make it a little disturbing for some people; dead weight is difficult to work with...

>I'm not here to impress you
Good, because I am unimpressed with your lying ways.

this times 10 having other family/friends around to talk about the good things gives some strange sort of peacefull vjbe though

I'm a mortician.
AMA

i've buried my great grandpa and one of my great aunts
grandpa who died in my arms in a car

i've also worked with cadavers at school

Dead people looks peaceful. At ease.

And somehow comfortable to look at.

ive just seen bodies in hospitals in bags or in funeral homes embalmed in their coffins. its pretty freaky they dont look dead when theyre all touched up.
I want to be put straight in the ground when I die, but embalmers do a nice job I guess.

I saw someone jump in front of a train a long time ago, I didn't care much about it at the time and I might still be edgy, but the hopeless look of the guy before he jumped still left an impression I'll remember forever.

somewhat off topic, but I cant fall in love or become attracted to anyone.

purely because we're simply inanimate objects, our thoughts and feelings controlled by electrical and chemical impulses.

I dont know why this is.. but the thought of death an how we're simply nothing prevents me from getting close to anyone.

What makes you unique enough to warrant questioning when multiple other people in this same thread have said that they have jobs which involve seeing corpses?

Again, don't need to prove anything, you're lucky I contributed to the thread.

>being this autistic

Have you ever prepared a cute girl? What was it like? Or is it all old people where you work?

Find a all right way to look at it as in a well finshed race death is part of liveing we will all meat are maker or just stop existing what ever way you look at it

watched sister die brain tumor secondary to metastecised breast cancer,age 57,this sis one of us six total was the only fam that treated me like aa mostly decent younger
bro rascal,good most of the time,she and her 8 kids, had worked for brothers on the farm they owned,a lot of hard labor,was sick with MS like illness,twitching fingers, encephalitis like sleep disorder,nodded off for a minute maybe 2,snapped awake,short of breath, ten times an hour,got exhausted,& asked the horsepistol doctor inER for help,,had told 'family' about this,,they met with the stupid shrink, got treated like a goddamn neurotic, back to sister in hospital, tumor had invaded lower brain,messsing with consiousness,and arge brain vessels,she commenced cheyne stokes,alternation hyper capnia,slow breathing,rapid breathing,snoring,eyes roll back in head,,brain death,she got white,whiter,& ceased anything after about ten minutes, bald sickened during time her hub bailed on her & the kids,no skills,she went to work for a k mart snack bar serving kids and fatsos.
had no health insurance,thanks k mart,developed breast cancer,not treated until too late....fucking brothers could have sold one of the 4 farms they owned,all those kids would have had a mom still around,a car,some cash for having helped with my own mom,all of the 8 did so in stuff my brothers ignored,
dreamt of dead sis for years,her picking me up from the crib,laughing at my silly shee it remarks,it is rough

Jesus fuck couldn't they just take a DNA sample or something?

How are you going to identify a decapitated corpse anyway?

Have seen a couple of dead people while I've been working in a hospital. Even had to move some of them to the "fridge" in the basement. I didnt feel anything in particular but that might be due the fact all of them got really old and a lack of any longer relation. I was however trying really hard to treat the corpse with some kind of respect, if that makes sense.

Never seen one....Just fucked them

Is killing the best aphrodisiac?

Why would they have had her DNA on file? She wasn't a felon and back in 2003 it wasn't common for civilians to have access to or interest in genetix analysis.

Went to a baby's funeral. Felt numb, empty, powerless. It sticks with you, you adjust to it.

>be me 22yo paramedic student in Canada
>on first year of rideouts with experienced medics
>in the back with a chest pain patient, slight angina no big deal
>"user, watch this guy for a sec, I need to patch in to base hospital"
>medic looks away for 2 seconds, patient looks at me, says he's about to die
>tell the patient his ecg looks good, nothing to worry about
>look back from the ecg and the guy is staring blankly with no facial expression
>tell him no reason to look concerned, it's just chest pain, no sign of real heart attack yet
>realise he died when I looked at the monitor but the heart still had electrical activity that looked normal and I was talking to a dead guy
>start cpr while the ecg starts beeping and his heart activity stops
>drop him off at the hospital, nurse takes over cpr
>we leave
>no idea if they ever ended up saving him
>can't forget that blank face and empty eyes

i'm better than them

it's sadder than anything else, but i admit e touched a lot

not dead. shows blood pressure in Arteria carotis.

Go to a funeral you fucking retard. Customary in the US to have open casket funerals as a last 'goodbye' to your loved one.

They look like stuffed dolls at that point. My friend passed away young from cancer and at her funeral it didn't even look like her.

do you embalm?

you must be one shitty medic

my parents. its surreal. felt like they were gonna wake up. to know that theyre a workd away, surreal

Nigger have you never been to a funeral? It's the same thing. They're blue and they don't move. It's depressing.

world*

he is not just seeing them, but working with/ on/ in them. moreover he does not get the fresh or cleaned up corpses.

i attended an anatomy lesson at my university.
it was the complete opposite of what i expected. all i was seeing was just bodies, not dead persons. although it felt kinda strange of course, because i had never seen a dead person, it wasn't creepy at all.

I would my friend but isnt it a bit disrespectful

I saw a guy that died in a car accident. Dude went off the road and hit a tree. The steering wheel was in his chest. This was the late 80's so his car didn't have an airbag. Blood was pouring out his mouth and I thought it would never stop. Then it did and he went silent.

Depends and a few things. If you were trying to save them, painful the first couple dozen times. If you knew them, painful. If you just happen to see the body, it just feels devoid of emotion. I used to feel a little bit uneasy around them, like the uncanny valley, but now i'm just numb to it.

When I saw my older brother in the casket I had to leave the room, and this was after a half hour of sitting at the back of the funeral home seeing him from afar. I will never remove those images from my brain and I will never forget you J

People look lie clay when they're dead. At least that the impression I got.

my xgfs family was whack and after her mum died of cancer they had her open casket in the mums boyfriends house for like 4 or 5 days, it was pretty uncomfortable because i know my xgfs mum didnt like me and here i was with her daughter, its just another cold reminder of what life has to offer us when were dead, which is usually an uncomfortable experience for someone else to deal with

Just going to say... there's something very lifelike about dead people, but you usually see them with their eyes shut. Dead people with their eyes open are a lot more obvious: blank stare, extremely dilated pupils, you immediately get a "oh, they're dead" reaction. It's an interesting and humbling experience.

There's nothing inherently shocking about seeing the dead unless you're there when it happens, in which case your mileage may vary.

i can never take anyone seriously when their next sentence might be ''innit bruv?''

It's likely you know the dead person, which is the hardest part. Knowing this is the last time you'll see them. Then you'll remember the last time seeing them alive. You might look at their last tweet before it just turned into that followers bot saying how many people followed and unfollowed.
Idk. I just miss my friend.

Shut up you fag

what are you on about

See, when people donate their bodies 'to science,' you think you'll be experimented on, that your cells might help somehow unlock a cure for something to help humanity by the millions. Turns out you're just some med student's pass or fail. They'll make jokes, complain about your smell, fuck you when nobody else is around. Pose for pictures with you. Stuff pencils in your ass for fun. Then they graduate and overdose on ice trying to get through their final year week-without-sleep emergency shift, whereupon they'll have the sense to be buried, cremated, or catapulted into the ocean. Anything but donate their body to science.

Clearly it is not uncommon, circumstances and people vary. I held a couple of people's hands when they died. In both cases it was just very sad.

I worked at a mortuary while paying for my college degree, everything is quite different as everyone would imagine.

Seen plenty of dead taliban and an afghan family blown to hell by an ied but I never thought anything of it nor has it caused any physiological damage to me. Other than that I've seen my grandfather in an open casket funeral and other than being an emotional experience it never bothered me to see him dead.

I was a mortician for a few years. Eventually you get used to seeing them and having an understanding that no one is inside the body. The eyes and the hands always confirmed that feeling for me.

So i saw a motorcyclist crash in to an oncoming car.
I ran over called 999.
He's laying face down head turned towards me.
Shouted at him to see if he responds.
His helmet is half way down his nose, broken teeth knocked out.
As I'm in the phone asking for an ambulance I see thick blood start to pour out of his helmet. I knew he was dead.
Fast forward, 999 tells me to roll him over and check to see he's breathing, roll him over he's dead.

When I finnally got to work and have a sit down to process what had happen I can smell him on my cloths, the petrol blood and smoke.
It's not a nice thing to see

Medfag here, it all depends on their age or mechanism of death. The younger and more violent (car accident, assaults, SIDS) the harder it is. I still remember the names of the first two people who died in ED under my care. I think the worst part is that after all my training and studying I couldn't do a fucking thing about saving them. You can't undo massive brain trauma, but I still struggle with accepting that. Tell a family that their young 19 year old son isn't going to survive from being hit by a car is hard. Asking for his young healthy organs is harder.