God-tier video games thread

I loved these games

time to install and play it

No you didn't.

Last of Us
>Scripted piece of shit
>god tier.

Gamercuck.

I wouldn't call an interactive story a game, but whatever.

I thought all video games had scripts

>god-tier
>game

Pic obviously unrelated, yes?

Triggered PCucks are Xboxfags who have sand in their vaginas over the fact that they never got to play the best game of the decade

They do. user is a retard, unsurprisingly.

>created the standard controls for all console fps

begging you to please have sex

inb4 Xbozos and PCucks get very mad cuz' "exclusives!"

Ad hominem faggotry attack failed.

Do you even know what sex is?

Fuck yeah! Those games were the shit

i've been playing video games for about 35 years.

done my time on the zx spectrum, bbc micro, archimedes, ps1, 2, 3 4, pro, snes, gamecube, and to a lesser extent the wii and xbox series, plus a lot of pc gaming.

i spent most of my time from 23-33 playing ffxi to a ridiculous level, earning real life money from the game.

i played a lot of other online and mmorpg during that time. at that point i believed no offline or single-player experience could ever give me the amount of content, challenge and depth i needed.

these days, all I want is an interactive story. the better the story telling, the better the game in my opinion now.

i've briefly tried the brinks, cods, battlefields, overwatches, destinies of this world and nothing has ever grabbed me.

there's definitely a place for interactive stories with serious players, especially when there is a lot else to do but play games when you get older and have more money.

>Being this committed to your brand loyalty to a fucking gaming platform

:^)

>TLoU
>game

The story for that game was great, but as for gameplay it's just walking simulator. It's like Uncharted if they stripped it of its gameplay.

No game did simplicity better. Fantastic game

My man

Still think XI was one of the best MMO games

This game was a masterpiece

>the best game of the decade

Just kys

Only reason people like that "game" was for muh feelings and because they were in wuv with the jailbait.

Spoken like somebody who never actually played the game. The gameplay was excellent, and the mp was underrated as hell. Probably top 5 multiplayer of the decade imo.

I've beaten the game. Like i said, narrative was great, deserved some awards for best story. But it was just another cover, base, shooter gameplay wise. Nothing spectacular, and many have done it better.

dude, im not saying you shouldn't like that, i'm just saying it is what it is, an interactive story, not a game.

This. People saying the game had no gameplay never played the game, or are just picky retards that bandwagon onto other peoples negativity.

OOOKAMI
(oookami)
(kami)
(ami)

>probably plays recycled rereleased versions of the same FPS every year

not trolling but do you really think this game is god tier? i see this game get so much praise but i just dont see what the big deal is when you have so many other awesome racers

and for me my god tier game is jet set radio, jet set radio future is equally as good (or for the americans "jet grind radio"

witcher 3

I actually played the "game" it was as challenging and entertaining as defeating a 3 y.o. at chess while listening to a day time TV movie.

>edgy: the post

game will always be god tier but damn how the hay day has passed

Fantastic game, pity the graphs are so dated now.

Thanks for telling me, now I can ignore the hype.
I had thinking about playing it.

It just sounds like a frustratingly boring waste of time with a high budget.

>h-haha you're just edgy xD
Holy fuck sonyggers are really this pathetic

It might sound silly but I played XI when I was a dumb kid, first MMO and online game

It always gave me this feeling that I would never be able to see everything in the game with how slow it starts out

As I got better both from leveling, making friends, and becoming less ass at it I found myself playing a game that I still have not forgotten creating memories and gay feelings.

I don't think any game has given me that same feeling as XI did when I played it. No idea how to word why I loved it so much.

>god tier game
>the last of us

oh boi, normalfags

Please play

scripted means something, faggot

Dont get me wrong it's a well produced piece, but i just wouldn't call it a game.

Want to charm a gamergurl, invite her to play this, she wont suck at it and will love the never ending bawww and drama.

Way ahead of you. Couldn't get into it, it's too antiquated. I'm not a PC guy either. If they put out an enhanced console version I'd give it another go.

Oh my god you just reminded me, I got this on steam.

Great multiplayer

I want to get into Dwarf fortress so much but I've had trouble getting past the interface and learning curve

Been playing pic related to build more comfort with that kind of game

>hype
>nostalgia
>hype

Obligatory

35 years wasted on shit tier games.
Time doesn't equal taste.

Final fantasy is casual faggotry.

>these days I prefer story over playing a game
Then it isn't a game you are after.

Sit in front of an anime film and pause it every three minutes.
You will have hours of enjoyment.

The never ending spawn triggered me, but a piss-your-pants scary game when it came out.

fat.

You got me m8
>cringe

>same dog, i bought a ps4 just to play it

ITT whiny neckbeards rail against popular games because bored and autistic.

I dont think you know what XI is...

I think most of the normal final fantasy community hated it

Didn't even know this game existed. I might have to get it, thank you.

i just got the last guardian. I'm excited.

I play games for fun or challenge or preferably both.

Not interested in the modern, stop and watch on the rails crap.
No matter if they spend 100 million on it.

This

Nice meme

I have all three and I still think its a piece of shit

Why cringe? The games fucking 20 years old, grandpa.

oh you mean the pixel hipsters?
the more pixelation = the better the gameplay
also, morrowind was better than oblivion and skyrim because I can read through 250 hours of text and somehow be entertained by a 100% RNG combat system.

Is Skyrim the goat? Legit question. I dare you to find me another game released in the last 10 years with the cultural impact Skyrim has had.

i'm curiou as to where you see the disctincton lying.

i mean, i loved all of the MGS series, 5 probably as everybody less in terms of story - I still havent finished it, but thats because I got distracted into getting into the top 50k worldwide.

but i adored MGS4 because it was a powerfully, reasonably well-written, story. now it could have been done better IMO but probably some of that is preference and it has a lot of people to please.

i play all these releases on hard, and welcome it if they have an 'extra-hard' you can access from the start, or second-best, unlock on completion.

i think in all naughty dog stuff, the enemy AI is brilliant on the harder levels, close to kojima levels. interested to know on what level you beat it.

i feel all games now are 'tuned down' for the average player to enjoy, but hard mode is, like, right there, and usually its only on that mode you see the full scope of enemy AI - killzone being a fantastic example. i don't know how anybody could beleive that normal mode on killzone isn't deliberately simplified from original dev intent.

if you don't play it you will miss a pinnacle in gaming. just play on on the hardest mode you can find. its very, very good and yes, its a matinee-mode cover shooter, but thats how the story is told in all the curent ND stuff and its no worse for it, in fact thats the best way to tell these stories.

XI was the best, hands down. i did everything up until level 75, then when they introduced 90 I got very pissed off. I levelled all my chars and alts to 90, beat everything that I couldn't beat before, but I was really annoyed the challenges were killed off before they were truly conquered at lv75.

way to read what you want into a post. ask a proper question, i'll give you a proper answer.

here's one for you. very simple. connected to the thread, too, which is a bonus.

what is a god tier game in your opinion?

I like Rimworld a lot so can confirm bretty'gud/10

Developer makes some interesting development videos each major update that I think are worth a watch

Fuck no. That game destroyed my interest in open world games. Awful combat and radiant quest is repetitive garbage that everyone else now uses to pad their empty game worlds with "content". Hands down the most overrated game of the last 10 years.

>cultural impact
The fucking arrow in the knee joke had more impact than the actual game.

No

Maplestory before pirates was the shit. Tbh Pirates were ok but after that it just went from the shit to real shit.

For people who played Morrowind, Skyrim looks like the slimmed down, tasteless, gluten free version of it.

miss it

I never played when the cap was increased past 75. Hell I don't think I ever got past 50.

But I loved seeing and hearing about how gear was not a straight better stats with lots of side upgrades and situational equipment

I think there was a level 60 cloak mages could wear in endgame content and other neat gear

refer to

Yeah and that's part of the game dickbrain

That was the shit back then

Skyrim is 6 years old and people are still talking about it, and playing it.

This. While Skyrim is a little more polished gameplay wise, it sucked all the life out of the foundation Morrowind and even Oblivion had laid out