What the fuck Sup Forums

What the fuck Sup Forums.

I listened to Viva La Vida last nice as just a joke expecting it to be terrible since everyone says Coldplay is a shitty band, but it actually blew my fucking socks off. And today I went through their entire fucking discography and this band is fucking amazing. What's happening to me Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BQeMxWjpr-Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree with Viva La Vida being a pretty good pop album. But the entire discography? Even the last two albums? No way, man.
Viva La Vida and Rush of Blood to the Head are decent.

Viva La Vida > Rush Of Blood > Parachutes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else is trash

X&Y isn't so bad

take the coldplaypill, user.
Sup Forums has finally accepted U2 as one of the GOATs, and this band is soon to follow.

Eno made Coldplay more than just U2 wannabes.

42 is amazing

Viva being Sup Forumscore is an open secret around here. Eno's production + well executed conceptual spread + yeah they're actually pretty good at writing songs = a whole lot of Sup Forumstants' sweet spot.

But yeah, I'm just chiming in to say that if any one record was my "musical awakening," it was this one. It's also aged better than most of what I listened to around that time. It's truly a classic pop record.

I've seen a lot of people saying that Viva was the album that got them into music (myself included). I won't be surprised if this album gets a remaster or something in a few years and it's met with newfound critical acclaim.

Is A Head Full of Dreams any good ?

Everyone likes to shit on Coldplay but they're relatively enjoyable and easy to get into. I think people just hate them because of their fans or something.

>Sup Forums hates U2
>Sup Forums likes Coldplay
huh

I really like a lot of the songs on there, but it wasn't as memorable as the other albums. hymn for the weekend is my favorite song on there

This so much. The Coldplay-pill has been stewing for some time

about time desu

The first five songs would make a solid EP, good bit of energy and solid piano ballad. There's a bit of a drop off afterwards, but nothing actively bad.

no
better than ghost stories but it's still just bland pop with some pretty shitty lyrics
>ft. obama

Fuck, Violet Hill is so great.

Prospekts March is such a nice companion EP to Viva

>>Sup Forums has finally accepted U2 as one of the GOATs, and this band is soon to follow.
>Sup Forums is one person spamming U2 threads

Right, now that we've embraced Coldplay, anyone care for a bit of album ranking?

Viva
Rush of Blood
Ghost Stories
Parachutes
Mylo Xyloto
X & Y
Head Full

Picrelated to band:
>Hmm ... this is shit.
>Give me two weeks.

Rush > Viva >> Parachutes > MX = XY >> HFOD > GS

Parachutes 7.2
Rush 8.0
X&Y 7.0
Viva 7.8
MXy 7.0
GS 6.3
HFoD 6.0

GOAT Coldplay:

youtu.be/BQeMxWjpr-Y

OUTTA MY WAY REASONABLE OPINION COMING THROUGH

Parachutes/rushofblood/x&y/vivalavida are all very good on the whole, with differing profiles of quality, ie x&y had very high highs, and low lows.(subject to personal opinion of course)

Mylo xyloto was the beginning of the end, with the band sliding into generic pop schlock, even if despite all the lowest common denominator adherence, their talents still shine through sometimes.

It hurts bros.

No way, Mylo Xyloto is still a lot of fun, a bunch of solid pop bangers. In my mind, the decline only actually started in 2015.

Unironically patrician, but also huge coldplay fan. Have seen them live twice and they put on a hell of a show. I pretty much enjoy all of their albums, but I'd say first 3 offer the most compelling or interesting material. I have a soft spot for GS thugh don't know why I just really like that album.

Probably not the most popular opinion but:

Viva La Vida > Mylo > Rush > Head > Parachutes > X&Y > Ghost

viva la vida is lit.
i remember listening to it in bed on cold nights when it first came out. good times.

VLV > AROBTTH > Parachutes > MX > X&Y > GS > AHFOD

Fun fact: Ghost Stories is Lil Yachty's favourite album.

this

your favorite artist probably enjoys Coldplay/U2

Ghost Stories is literally Coldplay's The King of Limbs

Glass of Water and Rainy Day are great songs.

VLV came out when I was just getting into music, which is why I have very fond memories listening to it and why my opinion about it is absolutely invalid.

It's a generational thing, it's pure nostalgia. Stop hyping this shit up.

Viva > Rush >> Parachutes >> MX > X&Y > GS
I quit after Ghost Stories