Post a better Sherlock Holmes than Jeremy Brett

Post a better Sherlock Holmes than Jeremy Brett.

Pro-tip: you literally can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jdtwg-aNTj0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're right; he is the best.

>Benedict Cumberbatch went from 2nd best to literally worst ever in just 10 episodes
How did he pull it off?

just pretend there is only 1 season of cumberpatch sherlock.
season 2 and 3 can go fuck themself

I need to watch this show again

>Peter Cushing
>Rupert Everett

Will OP ever relent with the ceaseless faggotry?

Modern Sherlock adaptations probably shouldn't be in the running for Best Sherlock but I am quite happy with Miller in Elementary.

S2 was still good but yeah 3 was crap

RDJ

Basil Rathbone

OP's right

I saw this on PBS as a kid. It blew my mind that Sherlock Holmes was shooting up.

This is truth in its truest form.
>/thread

I love Rathbone but Brett /is/ Holmes, no-one has ever nailed his character more perfectly.

I agree

I love that show. So comfy.

However, best Dr. Watson is Donald Pickering from the "Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson" series from the 80s. Just imagine him with Brett, they are the perfect Holmes-Watson.

i've read pretty much all of the sherlock holmes books written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and i have to say, that Jeremy Brett is spot on the Sherlock Holmes from the books. Never seen anyone better, and i can't even imagine anyone who could give his character back better

In an interview with Doyle's daughter she stated Brett was too dismissive and serious

in an interview with me, i stated that doyle's daughter is a bitch

>Doyle's daughter
Who cares?
Only true judge would be Doyle himself

Brett is the best Homes, but became a walking corpse is the 2nd season.

He is perfect. I love watching the ITV series, it's super comfy.

The question is, who was the better Watson?

I think the 2nd, Hardwicke, looked the part more. Then again the first one had some great scenes

here is the answer

Nigel Bruce

>Nigel Bruce

too goofy and stupid. Dr. Watson is not a silly fatty .

Dis nigga right here

>nigga
he is not even black

Except no one on Sup Forums ever saw Soviet Sherlock.

I haven't seen s3 in awhile, so I don't remember much about it. What was wrong with it?

Clive Merrison GOAT no question

youtube.com/watch?v=Jdtwg-aNTj0
it's okay

Quality picks lads, but the real question is who was the best Moriarty?

Livanov is the best ever. He is charismatic and very faithful to the source material. Hell, guy even got an Order of the British Empire for this role.

He was of course.

Dude! The Granada one! I know he also appeared in the Redheaded League, but he was still awesome

episodes 1 and 2 didnt even really have a mystery to solve, it was just muh sherlock and watson butt buddies bullshit

Soviet Moriarty looked fucking sinister as hell.