KG&LW THREAD

Anyone else listened to this masterpiece.

Shitty reddit-core band

>masterpiece
Rattlesnake goes on for five minutes too long

how many more albums are they gonna release this year?

3 possibly

They're going to do a more jazzy colab with the band Mild High Club with the title Sketches of New Brunswick.
There's also talk of a throat singing project and no word on the last album. Personally I wouldn't mind if they weren't able to put out all 5 albums this year I'd be content with just MotU and the colab

I actually skip Rattlesnake every time

So they're just going to be doing more and more half baked gimmicks?

>half baked gimmicks
Do you mean well executed concept albums? What about Banana was "half-baked"?

I always skip Rattlesnake and Melting. For me the album starts right on Open Water

>well executed concept albums
I'm hoping this is bait
The 'concept' of microtonal music in this album wasn't used in anyway good. They just shoved some microtonal tunings into their incredibly repetitive formula
It seems like they're just going to shove throat singing into their formula too with no consideration as to how to use it

Strong 8, but not a masterpiece

>They just shoved some microtonal tunings into their incredibly repetitive formula
The entire concept of the album was to use microtones, and you're complaining that there are microtones? And what 'formula' are you talking about even

I liked their last album a lot more, but I haven't listened to this one a whole lot. I think the 2013 release just was a lot "harder" if you will. I don't know if that makes sense.

I think it's pretty good though. Certainly one of the best releases in recent memory

They are clearly useing microtones as a one off gimmick to gain some audience and some respect off of 'lol weed' guys who know fuck all about music
Their formula is repeated throughout their music, the best example on this album is Rattlesnake

>repetitive formula
I can agree with you somehow. this album has some tracks that sound very similar in the way they aproach. But it is still enjoyable.

Never saw a reddit post about this. r/music is just reposting.

>gimmick to gain some audience and some respect off of 'lol weed' guys
Just because make Psych music it doesnt mean that they are all "dude weed lmao"
however i can somehow agree with your last statement but i only think this applies to their last album. nonagon doesnt use any sort of "formula".

>They are clearly useing microtones as a one off gimmick to gain some audience and some respect off of 'lol weed' guys who know fuck all about music
They're planning to produce 4 more albums with microtonality this year you cynical twat. Also why would someone who doesn't even know about music care about microtones in the first place?

just got this physically, album of the year so far. the cd has a banana smelling scratch and sniff sticker. i am in love with stu mackenzie.

not the title of the mhc collab

Its not officially confirmed yet but it was leaked back when the preorder for motu went up

haha
>masterpiece
i didn't know i could make the same stuff over and over and it be called a masterpiece

Well, YOU couldn't.

if youve heard any of their albums then youve heard them all. paper mache balloon was the furthest theyve strayed from their garage rock motorik jams

Like this band a lot. Picked up a vinyl copy of pic related yesterday too.

Terrific album - great pace, great energy. Memorable tunes throughout.

Committed to the concept of a a cool eastern folk/acid rock fusion and made it work throughout the album.

9/10

GOAT bandname and very consistent output. Discovered them at a record store with my girlfriend and fell in love.

no way. you cant skip rattlesnake. rattlesnake makes all the other songs better.

Definitely one of their most underrated albums. I always see quarters and eyes like the sky at the bottom of peoples rankings and to me that is crazy

Adam?

I like quarters a lot more than their early punkier stuff

>Skipping
>Skipping two of the best songs on the album

reltnske

rrootelsnak

riddlesnack

reiterpallasch

MY MIIIIIIND WANDERS

Ritlesnk