How do i get into hiphop?

how do i get into hiphop?
what are some great all-time classics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=orZvwNZ8av4
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=hip hop
soundcloud.com/djlordsear/kool-moe-dee-vs-busy-bee-at
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no such thing

Do you wanna start by focusing on technical rap skills/lyrics/concept or production/beats?

Good Kid Maad City when it comes to K.Dot.

>take one EDM loop
>rhyme nigga with nigga

Done

Listen to Untitled Unmastered

For me I got into hip hop and rap fromchildhood but started to appreciate rap after Lupe fiascos food and liquor and the cool

It's kinda the whole package, intricate, deep, sometimes nerdy lyrics. awesome flow and music and fresh
You can just put it on repeat but if you want to fully understand the lyrics you either have to do research or have to go on pages that explain his stuff like genius.com

op here.
i have listened to a few of the often mentioned mainstream(?) albums,
really liked danny brown - xxx, kendrick lamars good kid maad city and to pimp a butterfly, but i thought damn was really boring. liked earl sweatshirt's doris and quasimoto's the unseen. and i would be very grateful for more recommendations. i have no clue when it comes to hiphop and listen mostly to folk and jazz.

This thread reminds me Sup Forums is all underaged.

Sore ass white people haha

See And also Madvillian

i've also listened to this album and really really liked it a lot. more of this sort would be great!

i will give it a try, thank you!
thanks!

some random favorites:

Company flow - Funcrusher plus
Cannibal Ox - the cold vein
Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst
Techno Animal - Brotherhood of the bomb
Cunninlynguists - Southernunderground and a piece of strange
Binary Star
The Pharcyde - Bizzare ride
Big L - Lifestylez ov da Poor and Dangerous

Assuming you've listened to the more popular classics? Illmatic, ATLiens, Aquemini, 36 Chambers

Why don't people ever come here looking to get into a genre that isn't one of the most popular in the world?

Give Dizzee Rascal's Boy In Da Corner a listen. It's mostly Grime but it's got some hip-hop like tracks. Either way, the production is pretty incredible considering he made most of the album himself while he was like 17.

A great recent UK hip-hop release is Loyle Carner's debut LP, check that out too.

youtube.com/watch?v=orZvwNZ8av4

Read Hip Hop Family Tree and keep your computer by your side to search the records.

Literally just listen to the top albums on RYM, then you can focus on the subgenres you like the most.

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=hip hop

>what are some great all-time classics?

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
Digable Planets - Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space)
Outkast - Speakerboxx/The Love Below
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
Death Grips - ExMilitary, discography
Kanye West - discography
Deltron 3030 - s/t

Dizzee's earlier stuff is underrated desu

>Outkast - Speakerboxx/The Love Below
Do not do this, listen to ATLiens instead

>Dizzee's earlier stuff is underrated desu
It's his only good stuff. It's a shame he went off the pop deep end and never came back, any time I see him do a freestyle it's clear he's still super talented but he's just not making any raw stuff any more.

Biggie - Ready To Die
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
The Roots - Things Fall Apart
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Digable Planets - Reachin
Fugees - The Score

shit I forgot Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory, De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising, and Black Star - self titled

Koel Moe Dee vs Busy Bee
soundcloud.com/djlordsear/kool-moe-dee-vs-busy-bee-at

>trying to get into niggermusic on purpose