This album only has 2 bad songs. Loyalty and God

This album only has 2 bad songs. Loyalty and God.

Tell me again why this isn't Kendricks best album?

>Tell me again why this isn't Kendricks best album?
Because TPAB, GKMC and UU exist.

is LOVE good?

Damn is better than UU

Because there are no bad songs on TPAB?

No, not really.

yes, yes it is

GKMC > TPAB > S80 > UU > OD > KLEP > DAMN > WTC > TD > NSTN > C4 > YHNIC

DAMN after UU and you got it.

He will never make another GKMC.

GKMC is not better than DAMN. and UU is too short to compete

Nope, the bad song is love, loyalty and god are both alright.
TPAB>DAMN.>GKMC

>being this much of a reddit pleb

the length doesn't matter that much, it's not that short anyway

this except GKMC > DAMN. > TPAB

>love
>bad song

Pleb

Because you're wrong, and UU exists.

>the length doesn't matter that much, it's not that short anyway

Speaking like a little dick nigga

Too many songs where he can't decide whether he wants to water his flow down for accessibility or just go in. This throws the balance off considerably. Also, in past projects Kendrick typically gives himself a two shitty song limit and makes sure the rest of the content completely offsets that shittiness. On DAMN he has too many just OK songs so the existence of GOD and LOYALTY are more of an annoyance.

Even at his "worst" though, he still manages to be better than everyone else. He'd better be glad we don't have a Jay Z in this generation though.

>He'd better be glad we don't have a Jay Z in this generation though.
Explain

Cuz GKMC has no bad songs expect maybe Real

Nas couldn't even make prime Jay Z capitulate. Jay Z was the guy who was insanely skilled, garnered the respect of all his competition and still managed to make hit radio records. If Drake was a slightly better rapper and wasn't a one trick pony, Kendrick would have his work cut out for him.

cuz' theneedledrop said sew!!1!

TPAB > GKMC > DAMN > S80

I'd put TPAB a butterfly on top, maybe make KLEP a little higher but overall I agree

I like God.

Sounds like Kendrick is the Jay-Z to Drake

I wish I could agree but unfortunately Kendrick is more like Nas. Outside of fringe music boards on repatriated Sudanese milkmen forums, most people listen to Drake, and Drake has more industry clout. Drake also dominates radio. Kendrick is the guy that most people acknowledge is good, but admit that they aren't into his music. DAMN is somewhat changing this though. One of my teen girls at the afters choose program I work at actually said they liked and listened to DAMN and before they didn't even like him.

*afterschool

>watered down flows
Completely disagree, DAMN has some of his best rapping and flows. Even on the poppier melodic songs, his rapping is good
>2 bad song limit, but on DAMN the rest is just ok so the 2 bad songs are a nuisance
DAMN has some of the highest highs on any Kendrick album. DNA, ELEMENT, FEEL, PRIDE, XXX, FEAR and DUCKWORTH are all incredible, the rest are still very good, and the arguable worst songs are still good. At the very least Love and God are 7.5s each, but id rate them higher

Despite a lot of people agreeing TPAB is better, this still seems to be a lot of peoples favorite Kendrick album

>GKMC is not better than DAMN.
yes it is, listen to it again

you aint gotta lie, and complexion

Everybody is jumping on the Kendrick train now that he can make radio friendly music that is actually of quality.

Did you not hear DAMN outsold More Life by over 100,000 units for their respective first weeks?

I think it's really good but overall GKMC and TBAP are better. 9/10, I also don't get the hate on LOYALTY, its going to be a successful single. DNA is one of the best songs Kendrick has ever done. Album continues to grow on me

those songs are good and underrated.

GKMC>S80>DAMN>TBAP

imo
best song is pride

love is bad too. and a yah is mediocre. a lot of other tracks are okay but too trendy for me, element for example. tpab didnt care for trends at all, it seemed like. it was a genuinly amazingly put together hip hop album. this is one radio-friendly trendy track after another with some shit sprinkled in too. yes, its definitly his weakest album.

kendrick beat drake in record sales this year

no they're not he did complexion better on s80 with fuck your ethnicity and you aint gotta lie sounds so damn out of place on the album with its message, like it sounds alright musically but the message is what? "you aint got to act all tough and shit to hang with me" what does that have to do with him going through changes or how times change but racism doesn't or how to empower himself or his people? Its out of place and the worst song on the album

real is good but the hook is bad, should've been the closer for the album

I like LOYALTY. Not an album highlight but it's fine. To me LOVE is the only bad song and God is pretty weak but not "bad" imo.

GKMC has a stronger narrative and more focused lyrics throughout it. Also it's highs are higher...my favorite songs on DAMN. aren't as epic as Money Trees, BDKMV, Good Kid, Sing About Me, etc. My least favorite track on it is Sherane but at least it's essential to the narrative and has a role on the album. I get that Kendrick wanted the LUST/LOVE dichotomy but let's be real, LOVE wasn't essential at all especially since the song is such a shallow vision of the concept of love.

LAUGHIN TO THE BANK LIKE AHHH HAAAAAA

That's a huge oversimplification of the message behind the song, it absolutely has a lot to do with the album and is talking about the trappings of fame which is a common theme of the album.

My order is the same.

I'll note that I love all 4 so they're all relatively close.

>Too trendy for me

do people seriously prevent themselves from liking music because of this?

yes. i exptect more from kendrick than hopping on trends that have been done and done to its death already. waiting 2 years for a new full length kendrick album (that wasnt a long wait yes i know, feels like yesterday that tpab came out) and its just a series of shallow pop-rap tracks isn't what i am looking for. i want him to get into new territories and find new ways to impress us, not do some drake impression.

>it absolutely has a lot to do with the album and is talking about the trappings of fame which is a common theme of the album.
which was dealt with these walls and instutionalized.

>especially since the song is such a shallow vision of the concept of love.
is it tho?

>>especially since the song is such a shallow vision of the concept of love.
compared to poetic justice it is

Because GKMC has zero (0) bad songs.
>inb4 Real and Poetic Justice
Both are alright, they're better than Loyalty and God anyway, much better.

Wtf God is amazing

I've heard shallower but yes,I think so.

Prettt much it's "if I wasn't rich and ballin would you still love me" which is a pretty basic concept that's been explored a million times even by guys like Drake. Most famous example of course is 21 questions. Besides that it's mostly the "I wanna be with you" refrain and similar lines.

No, which is why I know OP is just a memer

Feel
Fear
Pride
Duckworth

Don't be lazy, sure there's some pop-rap here that sounds pretty trendy but don't ignore those songs. And while DNA sounds like a lot of shit that's getting radio spins rn don't act like Kendrick isn't making actual points with his lyrics on it. Same with XXX (and those beats changes are dope).

the album has much more shallow lyrics compared to tpab in general. on tpab he told stories in amazing ways. how much a dollar cost is fantasticaly written. the poem he repeats throughout the album is very insightful and comes of as very emotional and genuine. it uses so many creative elements, like him changing his voice for "u" and "hood politics" according to subject matter. ideas like on the blacker the berry are executed so well. none of the songs on here are this thought-provoking. even if he sais this album is more about his inner struggles... tpab was about inner struggles too, or was i listening to a different album?

DAMN. has so many different sounds and ideas though, it sure does feel like new territory for kendrick, whether he has made it more accessible music or not

pride is very poppy, i even added it to my moms spotify playlist.

Dude Poetic Justice is fucking garbage

a lot of the lyrics on DAMN. feel more to the point but sometimes more genuine and personal as well. It doesn't have to be complex to be thought provoking.

Pride and feel are probably his best songs

Oh no he went against the Sup Forumsreddit hive mind someone stop him

you are right and i dont hate damn if that comes across like this, im just a little disappointed when i compare it the experience that tpab was. it is thought provoking at times, and kendrick does sound depressed and lost on it. i just found tpab more engaging as a full album. as i said, it has so many creative elements and deep messages that i genuinly miss on damn.

I feel you, I don't think DAMN. is as amazing and creative as TBAP but I happen to love the straightforward direction he took with it.

I feel the same. I know TPAB is objectively better for those reasons, but DAMN is my favorite Kendrick album

I think its kind of another song that in context of the album adds more to it. it is sandwiched between LUST and XXX. I think this album is constantly mirroring itself, but the reflection is always far off. idk how to explain it... maybe I'm reading into it too much, but does anyone else see that? like the album is a series of mirrors, that have different perceptions of each other...

Anyways LOVE is interesting because it feels so innocent, which i think is one of the more beautiful aspects of love. after LUST, a harsh track that is kooky and has backwards drums (i think that carries meaning) it brings this soft ballad that tells two stories in it,the second maybe being Kendrick becoming a father? Thats something a lot of people look at as one of the most beautiful moments in their life. Especially because at the end of the album he tells us how important having a father in your life is. He claims without his father he would have been shot.

idk i feel like as "shallow" as people are saying it is, its contrast to the other tracks feels like a chance to breathe. look at some beautiful and sorta simple aspects of life, because right after, we have the chaotic XXX.

I get how the "i wanna be with you" and cliche will you still love me if I'm poor shit turns people off. But these are real feelings, and gives hope to all the stress and anxiety that majority of this album holds.

I don't know. If you listen closely to TPaB, it's not all that great. It's just dense and there aren't very many strong ideas in the composition. It's the classic "Wall of Sound" concept.

LET ME PUT THE HEAD IN

I completely agree user

Also on the topic him being a father, was it his daughter he showed in the DNA video? He keeps his personal life so private

Neither of those tracks are bad, all the tracks on DAMN are good
Real is good
Both those songs are good

TPAB>DAMN>GKMC>S.80>OD

Finally someone says it

MY LEFT STROKE JUST WENT VIRAL
RIGHT STROKE PUT LIL BABY IN A SPIRAL
i have no idea what that means but i this pops up in my head daily. the delivery is so good.

For me it's "AM to the PM, PM to the AM funk"

Those 4 bars that he ends in funk is so damn catchy to me

The left stroke is The Heart pt. 4, his right stroke is DAMN.
It's assumed that the person he's punching is Drake

Also: most catchy lyric is buuuuuzzzinnnnnn
radars is buuuuuzzzinnnnn

There is no beef with Drake

drake is lil baby?

Kenny probably did You Ain't Gotta Lie for the same reason he wrote i. He kept on seeing kids with scarred wrists in the front row at his shows. So he wanted to make positive music for them. He really gives back

I always liked LOVE. but everyone seems to hate it on here.

Could someone post a dl link?

If you hate love then you've never had sex.
If you've never had sex, then you shouldn't be listening to Kendrick Lamar, period.

I don't see what there is to like about it.

Sing about me/dying of thirst is his best song

TPAB>DAMN>GKMC>UU>SECT.80