When does life get better?

When does life get better?

Never

When it's someone else's.

What's on your mind, user? Care to share?

When you watch jojos bizarre adventure

Oh I wish it would, I really do.

When you make it better.
Doesn't just happen.

when you put in the effort to help yourself and not rely on other people

Soon. Oh so very soon.

Greek proverb: the first 100 years are difficult

You must first find a good enough reason to exist, as we are here for no other purpose other than to fuck and die.

if you had a good childhood, never. it never gets better than when you were a kid.

Bullshit, I can´t count how many times I´ve tried to change things and stop doing things that only brings me down, but the angst is always present.

When you get better at handling how it really is?

It doesn't. 48 years old and I almost had it all. Then I stroked out and now I'm 14 again only this time I have no hope.

Dunno I'm just hungover and depressed

When you have lots of money.

When you make it better

Sup Forums is extra weird today

My reason to exist is to make my existence worth something for the world
But since I won't cure cancer or some shit, whatever I guess

When you buy condoms and lotion and tie lotion filled condoms on peoples doorknobs

when ded

Check out Existential depression and Positive Disintegration theory OP

Basically the lack of inherent meaning sucks and is depressing.

But the breakdown is necessary to grow as a person, but it doesn't mean you will ever grow. You have to try for that, most people will either revert to not caring or stay struggling. Rarely will you find yourself "complete" since that only means what you think it does.

Basically the struggle is the only thing. No one said that self actualization was trivial or required.

What stage are you at?

and no
it does not, it gets worse

Life is a perpetual struggle and then you die alone and forgotten. Everything you build is null and void. Just kill you're selve and get it over with.

Or alternatively stop giving a shit and enjoy the absurdity.

I basically got really bad generalized anxiety a few months ago and now I feel empty. My memory is fucked things that happened yesterday feel like they didn't happen at all. I feel like I've fried my brain and its slowly dying.

After.

when you die

Fair point. About to graduate as an engineer in 4 days. I spent most of my life wishing to finish school, but now I'm wondering if taking all that responsibility that comes afterwards is worth it. Job, rent, etc.

school is pretty cruisey. life begins when you leave, few years time wishing you could turn back the clock

That´s how things are, all you can do is try to get it better. But trying doesn't ensure you getting actually anything from it, and of course this creates angst since it seems your efforts are pointless.
But there is no certainty that life gets better, life doesn't owe you anything, you can keep trying, rely on luck bringing something your way. But for luck to increase, you at least need open opportunities.
Otherwise you can just give up and keep at your life.

When you make it better

About two seconds after you stop caring. The only reason yourereally here is to pass on your mom and dads dna. Everything else is selfdeception.

But there is good news! Realising all this can actually set you free. If none of it matters youre free to do whatever the fuck you want, whenever the fuck you want. Dont let anybody get in your way!

This. Sounds stupid but it's the truth.

>be me
>strokefag
>lose vision, sleep, memory
>forced back to folks place
>love em but sucks
>2 yrs pass, still stuck there
>doc says "what are steps are you taking to make you life better"
>snap out of it
>supress the fear, panic, anxiety of getting back into real world
>do it anyway
>been here a while now, things going well

Much happier. Living in a bigger, better city with public transit, legal green, more open minded people. Also all my friends are here.

If I can do it, so can you. No shit. I'm fucked up man, but I know I am fucked up and have adjusted the way I live to make things easier, and safe.

It's cliche but it's cliche cause it's true. It won't be easy, anything that is worth anything at all never is. If you aren't happy, change shit. If you still aren't happy, then you haven't changed enough shit.

It's so fuckin true, and so fuckin cliché when you say it. Don't let take take away from the fact that's it's the truth. The world isn't shit, it's how you view it that makes it shit.

>The world isn't shit, it's how you view it that makes it shit

Perspective my man, it's an amazing thing. Everything changed for me once I got here. I was a whole new person like a month later. Even my folks can tell things are better for me when I speak to them on the phone. I have control of my life again, in a place I like and want to be. I was too scared to make a move I sat in a "bad situation" for so long it just made things worse. Now I feel like I am a part of the world again, instead of trapped in a little dark room all the time inside of it.

Cliches get repeated most often cause they are true, then people fail to grasp the meaning of things cause they've heard it so often.

Thanks

Believe in the you that believes in yourself.

It's all in the eye of the beholder OP

for example
>used to do drugs/deal
>high all the fucking time, unless i was sleeping.. and even then.
>life was good and horrible, my goals?
>make money, fuck my girlfriend, repeat

well OP life got better but not in the way i could have ever predicted, infact it got a lot lot worse before it ever got better.

>overdose one night on coke,acid, molly, and idk what else i was on
>life flashes before my eyes, literally like a movie of my life. all those unforgettable moments embeded in my soul.

from what i got from this experience, when my "life" was flashing before my eyes, these moments were so beautiful, so happy. When i finally "came to" i was sobbing out of happiness. Sobbing like a little fucking kid.

TL:DR
From what i learned/viewed through this near death experience. Life isn't about your bills, your car, your apartment, your video games, your ego, your muscle, your fashion, all these things are empty. Life is about relationships, people OP.
Not just bf/gf husband/wife relationships but just all interactions in general. The people you loved, the people that loved you. The people you made an impact on, the people that made an impact on you. Whether its a life time relationships or perhaps a very minor one ie. a one time conversation with a random stranger. These are the things that matter. This is what makes life "better" this is what gives life "purpose"

>Life is about relationships, people OP

Well said, user. Life is about relationships, experiences and compassion. That is my take on things and has been a pretty ok formula for me.

It doesn't ever just 'get better'..you have to take steps to make your mindset better. Won't happen overnight my friend.

what a piece of work is a man :'(

This summarizes it pretty well.

when you have a gorgeous gf and you take quality dope. Then something goes wrong and you end your relationship >life gets worse x100 and you try to kys but you can't because you're a coward then you try some more and thus end up in a vicious cycle of substance abuse and failed suicide attempts. Hope this helped, OP.

felt like my answer was a bit indirect or more applicable to my own life. OP so after some thought let me rephrase this.

Everyone in life can you tell this and that. Though there's two types of folks in this world OP. You're either a "stove toucher or you're not"

for an example your parents, this board, the whole world, all these "people" tell to either do or dont do something. in this metaphor its a stove.

>don't touch the stove OP
>you'll either take the advice, like a logical rational person. or you'll be like 99% of the population and fail to understand
>you will then have to touch said stove, only then will you truly understand.
>you'll feel the heat, you'll be burnt, that perspective and reality will only then truly set in. No matter how hard i try to explain to you what touching a stove is like.

Take this metaphor apply it to your question, i can tell you all day how great or horrible life is. I can try my hardest to explain my experience or perspective. However OP, most likely none of this will mean shit, none of this will mean anything until you touch that damn stove.