Is it wrong to spank your child for doing something bad? Discuss

Is it wrong to spank your child for doing something bad? Discuss

>inb4 any pedo comments gtfo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ONNRfflggBg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

sauce

Yes, it destroys your relationship with them and it can cause bad grades.

i spank my daughter all the time for being bad and good.

well, do you want your kid to grow up to be a conservative or liberal?

Get out

Good point. Never heard that before

Yes. Put discipline into those faggots it worked with me when i was a bad boy and doesnt destroy relationships you just get for like 2 days.

I guess it depends on what you think something bad is.
>spanking them because they did something they knew they weren't supposed to do
acceptable
>beating the everliving shit out of them for a simple mistake
unacceptable

I mean no

Like running out into a street or bullying another kid at school

youtube.com/watch?v=ONNRfflggBg

kids are pretty much like dogs. You must have a balance between spank and conversation. Showing disappointment is very effective.
Their worry in not disappointing you is stronger than the fear of been beaten

>kids like dogs

I'd run away if I were your kid

As long as they know that they did something wrong and know why they are being punished.
Don't spank your kid for dropping his spoon.

Kids are like dogs:
they don't know exactly what is happening
they don't know where to shit
and you spend a lot with food, teaching and cleaning their mess.

why would you ever touch your kids ass

I took that to mean that you do or would treat your kids like dogs. You phrased it badly

yes

Keep raising daughters like that user.
It's how they develop massive daddy issues.
Thanks bro.

Never heard of a paddle?

i dont know if spanking is right,
but if you want to see what happens when you dont, just go to a uni in N. America.
that says a lot.

Wtf is an uni

No.
The aim isnt to cause physical damage, but for a specifically bad moment of bad behaviour it can create the short sharp shock of fear which teaches them that there are consequences for actions they may take in the future.

the trick is that you have to unnecessarily pull their pants down and pull down their underwear as well

university

Can Sup Forums admin block this pedo from this thread and keep him out please?

I disciplined my child but never when i was angry, The way i see it when you spank a child and you're angry it's wrong and teaches them is ok to be violent when you're mad

That makes sense

Same with my son.
From the first moment he was able to understand, we have tought him that being angry and upset is ok, but behaving badly just because he is angry or upset (eg throwing toys in a bad mood) is not accepted.

I'm curious as to which one produces then.

OP I was raised to fear the wooden spoon. I honestly believe that spanking disciplines kids. They tend to respect their parents more and once they're older (if you're not a fuckup), they'll see that you were right all along.
>projectingmyself

>he doesn't play cave explorer with his kids

shit parent tbh

You can't reason with a toddler. Use this phrase: "Make it age appropriate." Spanking a child from 2-5 is age appropriate. Spanking a 13 year old is not. Grounding a todder is not age appropriate because they don't understand. Grounding a 13 year old is age appropriate.

tl;dr, Spanking a child under the age of 5 is not abuse.

My parents had a old "paddle" in their bedroom specifically for that purpose. We (me and siblings) all spoke of it in reverence and awe

You shouldn't hit your kids, any parent that does it does it for himself because they lose their temper and not because it's good for the kid

there are many ways to punish a kid, without showing him that he can anger you and make you lose your temper. this will also translate a lot better when the kid becomes a teenager, as he won't think of his parent as some hysteric punisher

there is a strong correlation to spanking and being conservative

son, i just want you to know that its ok to be violent, but only when you are calm and deliberate in your actions and can justify your violence to yourself

of course, teaching them at a young age that violence is the answer is deffo the right way, fuck your kids, fuck you, fuck people in general

I'd say so. It teaches them to fear doing something instead of understanding why it's wrong. Maybe if they do it continually but there's proof that spanking doesn't do much and can even be more harmful.

spanking children is very good :^)
spanking with pants on is not a good thing tho
best is when finger accidentally ends up in hole

Out

I was spanked as a child. Now I'm a Sup Forumstard.

/thread

Sorry Stefan, correlation does not equal causation.

Spanking should be reserved only for disciplining when they do something that could cause them injury or death, and then you can't be mad at them after.

See your kid run into the road? Snatch em, spank them, tell them never to run into the road, confirm they understand, continue on with the day.

Don't spank them for back talk or disobedience, though.

you must be new here. GTFO newfag

Kek

You spend the first few years of their life cleaning shit from their ass and genitals.

Actually I'm OP and I don't want that filth here. This is a clean thread

Shit dude did you also eat bread growing up?

Holy shit, i did. Were you known to breathe air on occasion? My folks let me do that sometimes

No... you are wrong... not being a parent... that causes a lot of problems...

>Actually I'm OP and I don't want that filth here. >This is a clean thread

not anymore. fuck you nigger

Get out. Nobody wants you here

That is for government to do.

How much does this turn you on fag?

Yes. Spanking your kid only teaches the kid that violence is acceptable and a way to get your will.

Mods

Lol punishment is needed.

If you don't discipline them, they'll become entitled liberals.

And we don't need anymore of that cancer here.

Checked

Can we get a pix of a nigger beatin' a
piccanninny with a 2X4?

Mods have better things to do newfag

I'm sorry I pissed in the Holy waddah, Faddah!

Shut it down mods

Never had kids. There are a lot of disciplinary tools at your disposal as a parent, but not using the proper tool as the situation dictates is asinine. Spanking isn't to hurt the child, it's an attention grabber. If you're hurting a kid when spanking, you're doing it wrong.

Both my parents are from the south and I got spanked (not sexually) whenever I did something wrong. When we lived in TN I even got paddled at school in 4th grade. It's simple punishment. I'm completely fine and have a stable relationship with my family. However nowadays you have pussies whining about "oh, muh child abuse" "oh, it'll ruin the kid's life". It won't, and those sort of people weaken society.

As a guy who was spanked (and occasionally slapped) by my father as a kid, I find that I actually have a rather poor opinion of him today. Granted, there's other reasons in play here, including the fact that he's a fucking pig and always viewed my anxiety attacks in grade school as a mental disease of sorts (which he'd hit and spank me for), I'd still have to say it's helped make me much more skittish and untrusting.

Honestly if you're going to hit your kid, just make it a swift smack upside the back of their head (not super hard)

No. Just don't hit them too hard....

Yes

One time my father beat me because I stole his gasoline to make molotov cocktails with my cousins and I never forgave him, someday I'll have my revenge.

Damn op be a fucking man. Spankings are fine. The reason our country is fucked up is Cause we went away from that. We need to get back to it. Its like any punishment we have them for a reason. Child gets out of line when they a teenager slap their stupid ass and put them to bed. Time for men to man up

I was spanked as a child and it taught me a lot about respect.

Nowadays I don't think spanking is bad, but there are far more effective ways to discipline your kid (taking away electronics, stuff like that).

But if I see somebody spanking their kids, I don't give a shit, it's just a way of disciplining kids.

not unless you want your kid to be an SJW pussy that thinks they are owed by the world

>consenting adults only..
that irony..

turned on just reading this. this is why i think about have a kid.

No. Violence is never good.

There, end of discussion.

You'd probably just be better off killing your self

Yes. They enjoy it, don't they?