>not following 7th century moral values

>21st century
>they still love goats

>21st century
>still circlejerking the saudis

t. John Ahmedi

YOU RUINED IT

allah akbar

back to OP's subject, do you believe in creationism?

no. pretty much all my friends are atheist/agnostic. but then again, all of us are staunch democrats and the one or two religious people in my school growing up dare not talk religion at all in the open nor their political views

that's a nice bubble you're living in user

>21st century
>not being a good cuck to your wife and her boyfriend, ahmed.

religion to them is private matter and not something you talk about. none of us talk about religion really. its never an important part in our life

political views are different. when it comes up we talk about it. but really the republicans we do have are many fiscal conservatives. i only have one friend thats a bible republican. again, they're free to bring it up but they rarely do

then again, i grew up and live in LA so we're not exactly the most conservative part of the country

>then again, i grew up and live in LA so we're not exactly the most conservative part of the country
that's what i meant by bubble
and it turns out you live in THE bubble kek

i wouldnt exactly call it a bubble per se. there are many really conservative parts a very short drive away or even in the homes of some of my friends. we may share similar views but that does not mean we exhibit groupthink. in fact, its the opposite since healthy discussions are brought up easily and that's the way we were raised and taught in my schooling. a bubble would be the exhibition of groupthink and the squashing of ill wanted views, which was never the case in my neighborhood. just because we were raised to form our own opinions and viewpoints rather than being spoonfed and forced with it, doesnt mean we live in a bubble. we just dont go around sprouting bible verses or political ideologies like the majority of american do

i see

are you sure you didn't confuse Sup Forums with reddit?

no but seriously you have to admit it group think does exist especially when it comes to certain subjects not necessarily religion or conservatism, e.g it would be ill advised for someone to come out as a trump supporter in many places in the US today because they will face a backlash and might be ostracized.

>its the opposite since healthy discussions are brought up easily
>we were raised to form our own opinions and viewpoints rather than being spoonfed and forced with it

>i grew up and live in LA

What a lie. Even non Americans know how much of a liberal cesspool that entire state is, usually shutting down any dissenting opinion with riots and violence all the while preaching about moral high grounds and pushing the most un-constitutional laws ever put forth.

well wouldnt going on reddit be more of a bubble really. there's a healthy range of opinions on here whenever there's a real discussion going on in threads. and really the only way to improve yourself is to absorb different opinions, analyze it, and see whether it challenges your current viewpoint or not. you will end up strengthen your ideas, whether you hear somehting you agree or hear something that challenges your perception of something which makes you more educated in that matter. its similar to academic paper, you dont just write down what you think but you have to take into account the opposition and see if there's any holes in their arguements. doing so will strengthen your stance and sometimes you stance will change due to it

yes groupthink exist in many many parts of life and desu imo its the most dangerous thing we face as a society if you consider the fact that many of mistakes we made in our history derives from the exhibition of groupthink. bush sr.'s cabinet was an example of this and bob woodruff's book base on his interview with bush sr's cabinet member highlights this. similar if you look at what happened during the vietnam war. its something thats easily recognized afterwards but very hard during it

not where i grew up or my schools. for other parts sure, but the people i grew up with and go to school. we know we can have a healthy discussion with lots of people from different viewpoints than ours, and we have never come off as belittling anyone's views if they can present and support their views rather than just sprouting whatever hottopic they heard about. we actually laugh at SJW and people that protest for the sake of protests which we think do it just for the sake of bragging how liberal they are or want their face to be shown online or on tv. but when you actually talk to them, they are liberal just for the sake of fitting in and they cant really hold up when you press them on their views.

*bob woodword not woodruff

>21st century
>in America abortion is still an issue

all i said in the beginning was basically that neither you nor the place you live are representative of the average American in any way.
you agreed in the beginning with what i said but then switched the subject to what you personally believe.
maybe you and your friends don't participate in shutting down people for their opinions but what im talking about is different, you said it yourself about the SJWs and protesters, and those types happen to infest your area.

well then what is 'average american' anyway? conservative area are not average american. liberal area are not average american. nor can centrist parts be considered average american. you can play with the demographic groups many ways to come up with whatever definition of average american you want and many groups have

all i can speak about is the people i come in contact with all my life rather than what you see on the news cause even the local news doesnt even accurately depict whats happening on the ground in our lives

there are SJW and their opposite counterparts and protests everywhere you go. prolife protest and prochoice protest happen a few cities from where i live all the time. just cause you have a perception of the vocal liberals doesnt mean we also dont have vocal conservatives in my area also. you dont hear about them in my area but that does not mean they dont occur here.

bruh
my whole argument from the beginning and even the "average american" comment were all specifically about religion, specifically creationism and bible thumping.

Trump is a fucking idiot so being a "Trump supporter" should at least face some sort of mockery.
I don't get how some nations treat their politics. At least here in Australia you'd get called a wanker by acting all sycophantic about some politician prick yet many other countries, the USA for example in this context, there are politicians like Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton who were looked up to as some fucking popstar with the supporters acting like teenager girls.
That shit is just fucking nauseating to watch. You don't support a person, you discuss IDEAS and CONCEPTS. Clearly this is too much for people who would rather anchor their ego to political or religious figures. I fucking hate those sorts of people.

>unironically believing in le big bang meme
shiggydiggydoo

delet this

>Trump is a fucking idiot so being a "Trump supporter" should at least face some sort of mockery.
agreed
i'm not saying they shouldn't be mocked, they should, but there are many idiots on the other side too and they should be mocked because they can be even more stupid.

in beginning yeah, but it went ahead to other parts about bubble and stuff so i assumed otherwise

but if your still talking about creationsim and bible thumping then i dont think that applies to your average but then again semantics

average judging by the polls that ask Americans about their beliefs :)

not even sure what we're arguing about anymore

to me at least, those sort of polls are kinda skewed. sure you can account for the pop and configure a sample size thatll give you a nice CI but i think it overexagerate things. its kinda similar to how most of the data analysis stuff you see are poorly done

lol yeah me too. my attention is being divided a couple ways currently and i think im just going ahead of myself when answering you think, so apologies

Sure one or two or even three polls might be skewed in one way or another but not all of them have been biased since like the middle of the twentieth century.
These polls from varying polling places do have consistent results and show certain trends.

np user my attention is divided too one minute im bashing Poles and the next im debating american demographics and tyranny of the majority.
???