What's up with the autists on rym that have like 40-50% 0.5/5 ratings and only give the most avant-garde music 5/5s?

what's up with the autists on rym that have like 40-50% 0.5/5 ratings and only give the most avant-garde music 5/5s?

there are mostly in EU, have over 8k ratings often, sometimes rate more than 8 albums day for consecutive days (lol) and, and despite having listened to so much shit, literally the same 5s are given to like the same 10 albums between them all

and the 5s are mostly given to some random ass bach music, who just so happens to be one of the most trite and straight-forward classical composers

ironically, trying to be weird and unique ended up having up a multitude of contrarian pseudointellecuals on rym

here's a vague list of autists compiled by another rym user

rateyourmusic.com/list/vandelay__/users_that_may_or_may_not_be_the_same_person/

Why do you care? This affects you in no way whatsoever, plus their accounts are unweighted so it won't affect your precious charts. Looks like you're the autist here.

Eastern european teenagers are into alot of avant garde music

I've always assumed it's either a system where they reserve the top spots for their favourites of all time (5 for their top, 4.5 for their runner-ups, etc.) or where they assign a certain percentage of their ratings to each rating. It's a really weird system either way though, and anyone who does it must be a turbo-autist.

it's called "positive rating system" and yes there is an established canon and trendsetting users that loads of nobodies try to emulate. none of it is worth your attention

you know that same argument can be thrown back right at you right?

looks like you're a fellow autist as well brother

Actual question: how exactly does weighting work on RYM? I seriously don't know

It's a secret actually, so that it can't be exploited. One recent change has ended up pushing hip-hop and more recent albums higher in the charts.

>random ass bach music, who just so happens to be one of the most trite and straight-forward classical composers

opinion disregarded
you know nothing about music

>i can't tell you but le epic conspiracy is true!

hey autist how's it going?

why is your favorite film satan's tango and how does it make you feel to act like you're unique?

They are called avant-teens. It's a group of users who tend to prioritize image over music so they rate extremely obscure albums 5 stars and give critically acclaimed albums half stars. They don't actually listen and/or enjoy the music they rate highly, don't let that fool you. I wouldn't call it "autism" though, it's more of a conscious act, you know to hide shallow personality or something. A fad most of them will grow out of.

Satantango is actually a brilliant film that shamefully got grolified by pseudointellectuals.

thanks for pointing out that you actually care about how popular something is to affect your personal opinion on how great something is

you're actually retarded

seek help friend

>some random ass bach music, who just so happens to be one of the most trite and straight-forward classical composers
lmao, this is the state of Sup Forums in 2017

>click the first profile on the list
>only 5 is Art of Fugue
>has a MAL page
>336 completed
>mean score: 3:54
I mean, anime is pretty bad overall but why do you continue to watch things that you hate

>mean score: 3.54

what did he mean by this?

on MAL

weird i thought this was a about rateyourmusic not myanimelist

it's ok sometimes i also completely can't read and act like a retard

I take it you were acting like a retard when you made this thread?

honestly no but i take it you just naturally are mentally challenged

truly a blessing of innate shitposting skill

>to some random ass bach music
kill yourslf immediately

That was my first post in this thread retard.

"t-the pinnacle of music and art as a whole is bach's golderg variations!"

t. pleb

good argument

almost as empty as nexgencrusher's balls after sarah drains em

you haven't given any argument yourself as to why bach is "trite" and "straight-forward", laughably incorrect labels which immediately cast you as a pleb insecure about his pop-centric, likely p4k-droning taste

if you truly need explanation to why bach is overrated then you're just another sheep in the herd

i've played the piano for over 10 years and orchestra for another 10 (double bass)

bach is barely innovative and simply old-fashioned and given the popularity for being first to spearhead his name in an everlasting historical spotlight

a more modern example is King Crimson w/ ITCOTCK which has aged poorly

if that album never came out in 1969 and came out today instead, no one would really give a shit

to have the focal reason of rating music other than its sound itself and other meaningless bullshit like historical importance, context (no one gives a fuck about your dead wife phil, and your album sucks shit desu), then your head is undeniable up your ass

(You)