This is so fucking good, why isn't it being talked about more?

This is so fucking good, why isn't it being talked about more?

album art makes me uncomfortable

It's my AOTY

At as progression with this album is astounding. I know the year isn't even half way over but I don't see anything topping this, it's might be his best project yet

Completely agreed and honestly for me the vocals really add an intimate undertone compared to his previous albums.

Probably because Melon didn't like it much

are you dumb
there's been so many threads about it

I was completely on the bandwagon that singing would ruin Arca but I'm glad I was proven to be completely wrong like most of Sup Forums. I love this one but I think his next project will be his magnum opus and I can't wait

Listened once and immediately deleted

same... so far
mutant is still superior as far as "formless" goes imo
this + changing the name from reverie made me kind of :(

he doesn't "get" arca and it's kind of annoying

do you guys think arca will ever make an album where he focuses more on his song writing? I feel like this album makes more of an attempt to "find" itself more than mutant did... like it's growing with the vocals, and maybe arca will end up making something more easily understood lol.

perfect material for pseudo-intellectual music fans (basically everyone here) to jerk off to because it's "difficult"

probably this he doesn't understand electornic/experimental or hiphop that well

But I agreee this is easily Arca's best project, the addition of his vocals was a great move

well it's hard, because there are 3 camps:

CAMP 1: holy shit this album is great (I'm in this camp) --as you know, Sup Forumstants agreeing on something never produces a good thread

CAMP 2: fuck off gay fags Arca is a gay fag this album is gay faggot music

CAMP 3: I dislike this album for reasons other than Arca being a gay fag

Camp 3 is being drowned out by Camp 2. And it's hard to have a discussion on the album when it's just people who like the album vs. people who dislike homosexuality. It's made especially hard by the fact that everyone in Camp 2 pretends to be in Camp 3.

that's exactly what I meant with this post here , I think now that he's added his own vocals to his music he'll develop his songwriting into a much more substantial way than he had before where he used to just make the weirdest sounds he could and harmonize them beautifully

If you think this album is anywhere "difficult" to listen to you're the fucking pleb bud.

Also how on earth is this pseudo-intellectual when it primarily relies on emotional topics/pathos in general?

The Melon has a knee-jerk instinct to punish any artistic shift toward melody or tunefulness. It's part of his vegan straightedge hardcore no-wave edgy sensibilities.

Narkopop is way better

I feel like you're roasting me for deliberately seeking out "difficult" music (which I agree is a silly thing to do) at the same time that you're roasting me for not listening to "difficult" enough music.

Can I just admit that I don't really like "difficult" music all that much? Will that let me off the hook?

He probably doesn't get Arca because he doesn't get queer art in general, look at GLOSS and Against Me

>B-but they're generic!

You won't catch me saying they're the most musically adventurous stuff in the world, but the way Fantano just turns up his nose at their unique perspective is obvious and grating

>GAY AUTECHRE LMAO

I dream of him making music more like an expansion of the weird parts of bjorks music or softer nine inch nails . . . .

I think part of his problem is that he tends to judge based off what he sees as articistic "intentions" and still grades based off standard writing structure... hence why he hated other experimental music like frusciante's more recent work or lum... even bitches brew where he thinks it sounds just thrown together.

I feel like the internet has jaded fantano regarding anything even seemingly related to social issues/new perspectives in music. I agree he approaches all music nearly the same way irregardless of the content matter.

anthony is a rockist, 100 percent. i cringed when i saw he reviewed actress.

that's not what rockist means

actress and arca make music for "rockists"

Camp 3 barely makes a point just like most ppl that hate any album on this board though.

i think Arca's entire goal in life is to make people uncomfortable...

Arca is gay, musical Cronenberg so it makes sense

faggot music for faggot people

faggot reply for faggot poster :^)

I cant even understand what hes saying, so Im neutral to it.

I didn't like it. Never listened to him before though.

if it was so fucking good, then it would be talked about more :^)