What keeps an atheist from murdering and stealing all they want? The fear of reprisal...

What keeps an atheist from murdering and stealing all they want? The fear of reprisal? Is the fear of prison the only thing preventing an utter breakdown of society by those with no moral compass?

what keeps you from creating new and interesting content?

You dun fucked up this time troll...

Like holy shit...

Why is prison full of christians, and believers of other deities? Why are most wars in this world's history created over religion?

To answer your question, common human decency...

No. Empathy. People that lack empathy have to have fantastical made up stories like religious myth to keep them in line. For the rest of us, it is an inborn natural ability to empathize with others.

found the 14yo who figured life out

Fuck off you little piece of shit. There are over 10,000 religions in the world and every fucking one of them is made up by men. Religion is the oldest pyramid scheme in the world. They want your money and for you to have as many kids as possible and indoctrinate them with their religion from birth. Build their flock and money. Religion causes or is behind every fucking war there is and there is 0 proof for anything all 10,000 of them say. Take a science class and learn something instead of listening to made up 1,000's of year old bullshit. There is no Allah no god and Jesus was just a man. All life continues to evolve and eventually radical religious fuck heads will be a thing of the past unless they manage to blow us all up first in the name of their piece of shit religions.

Says the one not killing because of the fear of burning in hell.

Something conservative twits don't have: empathy

/thread

sage in all fields

>user answers question while also turning the tables
>Asks his own questions that hold truth to them
>Lol 14yo lolololololol

I remember a time where you weren't given shit for saying that religion causes problems in the world and the majority of the people who cause problems are religious.

Those days you were killed or imprisoned for it.

What keeps faggots on Sup Forums from taking OP's bait time and again?

not being autistic and actually having empathy

People who think the way you do are either retarded, or extremely retarded. Believe it or not, humans have emotional and rational brains. Throughout history, our brains figured out that if we work together to organize resources and systems, we survive and thrive. Many people with lesser lives and weaker minds need some sort of religion or deity to make themselves worth anything, like you.

here

Mainly because it is a good release of energy and even a fun mental exercise to fuck with this religious fucking tardbrain.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, dumbass.

Stop giving him attention.

Why does the Pope and his cabal have an extensive history of pedophilia?

too bad the fear of hell doesn't keep religious nuts like OP from acting like judgmental douchebag asswipes.

/thread

sage

yes

the fag who keeps making bait is most likely not religious and just trying to get a reaction

Not in America. I want to live in that world you're describing.

you know what they say, even a trolling clock is right twice a day

God told me you're a faggot and need to suck ten cocks by tomorrow or he'll see you in hell
You better start sucking OP he seemed mad...

I have no cares for 99% of life on earth. I'd even go as far as to say I wouldn't have any negative emotional reaction if I watched them die, or even killed them myself. I might even feel good killing 70% of life on earth.
That 1% I absolutely love beyond my apathy for the 99%.

I don't do anything "bad" because I don't want to do anything that might hurt that 1%.
TL;DR I love some people.

Well the only thing keeping a christian from raping and murdering is a fear of going to hell so.....

That doesn't even work.
Christianity is extremely immoral.

This, 99.9% of people should die and the world would instantly be a better place

good point. prison is a better deterrent because it's in this lifetime, and also definitely exists

I murder and steal all I want.

Which is not at all.

True

God tells you to own slaves, throw stones, and other crazy shit, but your pastors have learned that doesn't make a great society and so in fact twist the words of God to serve humanity. What makes you think you're not going to hell for doing that?

If you want to kill and steal, I am certainly happy you found religion. If that is the only think that keeps you from being a criminal, keep at it.

By the way... Most athiests do murder and steal all the want, all the time. The thing is, they don't want to. I'm sure you eat as much shit as you want to, but you probably never eat shit, which is precisely the how often you want to.

real punishment serves better than threat of make-believe punishment

if everyone was atheist new set of rules would be written not based on the commandments and killing and stealing would be legal

That's why most mass killers end up committing suicide

How the bloody hell did you come to that conclusion?

If you can't stop yourself from murdering and stealing without an imaginary skyfather you can't interact with telling you not to (he actually tells you to do a lot of these things in the Bible, by the way), then you're doomed to hell anyway.

I'm too lazy to do either of those.

Separation of Church and State already exists and was based on that notion. The laws we have in place today reflect what keeps a society in operation. It's inherently disadvantageous to kill or steal from someone who you ultimately benefit from the work and presence of in society, you absolute fucking cretin. Off yourself.

For other atheists? Conscience, empathy, and other instinctive psychological restraints. For me? Nothing. I do anything I please.

All I read here was a bunch of assumptions not based on anything.

I' talking about this from an anthropological POV. Obviously capitalism and materialism drives people to insanity in the modern world, but for the most part, mentally healthy humans don't descend into chaotic psychosis without religion

what if rules against stealing and killing predate organized religion?
imagine you're in charge of a few hundred hunter-gatherers who practice small-scale subsistence farming in a sedentary community.

How do you both keep order and keep people gainfully occupied? Keep in mind you and your ruling class (family, administrators, councilors, personal guard) enjoy a better standard of living than those who hunt/gather/work the land.

What's the most efficient way to convince people that they ought to live by your will? How do you keep them from stealing food (which they have access to) when they're hungry? Or, from killing to take what they want or need?

There's countless religions, and they all have these same moral tenets. Draw your own conclusions from this

again, assumptions. You're just making it up as you go

Blood is icky and stealing is hard.

>This bait

No. Morality existed long before religion. Most non-sentient animals don't kill each other. Your reasoning is illogical. Atheists, like most animals, believe do unto others as you would have done unto yourself.

why should i have no moral whithout religion? those are two completely other things

you're just a stubborn idiot with an ankle-deep understanding and a bottomless well of fanciful opinions

meanwhile, my argument is plain common sense. Stealing and killing has been illegal in asia since antiquity, in the absence of the ten commandments

Why do these threads keep getting so many replies?

We Sup Forumsros are like fish.
We see bait, and we go for it. We don't like it, but it's just our instinct. We do it because it looks good, looks fun. We want fun. See, for the threads to stop getting such popularity, Sup Forums needs to return to it's golden days.

Mutual benefit as well as punishment. You don't kill or steal from others, and thus get the peace of mind knowing it most likely won't happen to you, while enjoying all of the benefits living in a society offers. You really don't understand just how many benefits and what an incredibly heightened quality of life you have -just- living in this secular society. The threat of these benefits (mistakenly called freedom) being taken away as you're sent to prison is a profoundly powerful force that is an actual real, tangible, and almost immediate punishment. But we do tend to understand these things on a subconscious level because once we're taught the rules and laws, we over time see why they are necessary and why they were put in place, even if we don't outright articulate it into words. Furthermore, we have deeply ingrained instincts and such that allow us to function and find advantage in social settings without killing our neighbours, but that's the gist of it.

Tldr; Social systems are based on more than just fear, while religious systems are usually based on a skinner box of dopamine release and fear. rinse and repeat.