Albums that get old fast

God-tier at first, quickly deteriorates.

no

Us and Them is good though

LYSF is shit

correct

You going to start us off, OP?

Loved it at first and thought that it'd slowly end up as a classic of mine but now I can only enjoy 2-3 songs before his boring singing and repetitive guitar playing switches me off

Wrong.

Loveless

It was never good to begin with when there are so many other better shoegaze albums (even from MBV themselves)

I use this album as a guide to know how long people have listened to pink floyd if they think its their best album

>unironically bobs head to Know

kendrick

lamar

discography

I beg your fucking pardon m8?

Almost any post-rock tbqhwy.

one and done desu

Yeah, it tells you if the person has actually listened to Pink Floyd.

I really unfortunatelly agree. Used to be my favourite album, for like, 4 listens

Lasted me one week till I forgot about it

bump

not for me t b h

It's good but I can't

I try to avoid this as much as possible.
I only listen to it when i feel like absolute shit

MY SMILE IS STUCK
I CAN'T GO BACK TO YOUR FROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN LAND

correct

massive plebs

t. middlebrow pleb
everyone is correct so far

You don't really love the album if you are willing to give up on it that easily.

I couldn't listen to godspeed again after seeing them live.

They're that good live ye?

once you get a serviceable understanding of the music it becomes very dull, but you can recondition yourself to enjoy it
>small brain
tmr bad
>average brain
tmr good
>energized brain
tmr bad
>brain radiating energy and power
tmr good

Which ones?

I was listening to this yesterday and I realised how early 00s it sounds

I actually grew into this album, not out of it. I like it more now than when I was a teenager.

A lot of Mark's stuff really

all of them

I thought DSotM was good but I enjoyed Atom Heart Mother way more.

this is the most wrong thing i've heard all day.

Not the same guy, but yeah, they are. I've only caught them twice but they're in my top 5 performances for sure. Their entire sets are pretty solid, but when they really hit their stride and the music just clicks with the projections and the moment as a whole, there's not much else that rivals it.

Any Album by Breaking Benjamin

Fucking all of them, what a stupid question.

You mean almost any third wave post rock

Wrong

Sadly True

First listen best listen and the first listen sucks

Yep

Nope

Nope

Yep

I was raised around the same way Mark was and I love his music but it is difficult to stomach full repeat listens sometimes >Sadly True

Nope

I've listened to the album in full well over a 100 times, it still ain't old.

deLET

Wow

protip: gets old fast = bad album
never gets old = good album

>are so many other better shoegaze albums
I spent a long time wanting to believe, but never found another shoegaze band nearly as good as MBV.

Ride, Chapterhouse, Swerdriver, Ringo Deathstarr, Lush, Catherine Wheel are all just less-inspired, more poorly mixed versions of the same thing.

I'll give some credit to Slowdive for having some great tracks, but their albums are far more hit-or-miss. They have a lot of stale tunes that ruin the flow. To find good shoegaze, you basically have to venture out of the genre a bit, and go w/ bands like Cocteau Twins, Deerhunter or Spaceman 3.

Also add Whirr and Diiv to that list. Once you get past the honeymoon phase, it's really monotonous & boring stuff.

Is this a YRYL thread?

Because I just lost five seconds in.

t. i only listen to Sup Forumscore and can't forge my own opinions

This unfortunately :(

No way OP, I've loved that one for ages

It's pic related that I got so sick of after like two listens through. I thought it was great at first, then it was just like listening to my dad crying with flutes in the background

REEEEE

No, never

On the Run and time still are 10/10

Nah.
Timeless classic.
Yeah nah you're wrong here, too.
Silly
I can see where you're coming from but I disagree. Some people feel like Mellotron is a gimmick here and there's nothing really separating everything except the title track from Jazz.

>le exclusively dadrock and daft punk's worst album defener

From Speak to me, to Eclipse is 10/10