ITT: when a band/artist sells out to the p4k crowd

ITT: when a band/artist sells out to the p4k crowd

bump

they were already p4k darlings before mpp

this post makes no sense

they said in an interview that they didnt like the pop image even during their MPP era

Being a p4k darling ≠ completely selling out to the p4k crowd

They're never really wanted to label themselves as pop or experimental, they just play what they play is essentially the feeling I get from what they want to be labelled as.

That's why they've made 4 pop albums in a row?

5*

Average P4K score before MPP: 7.9
Average P4K score including and after MPP: 7.5

I agree with you man, they didn't sell out starting with MPP. They had a HIGHER average before the allegedly "sold out".

This post makes no sense.

Guys what if Animal Collective ended their career with an album called either "Returning of Spirits, Spirits Have Returned" OR "There Goes The Indian".
ah?

They sucks so it doesn't matter

They realized that the poppier and more accessible album they make the higher p4k score they get.
I know it's hard to accept, but stop fucking denying that. They completely sold out on that album, they're the biggest p4k sell-outs.

Panda's debut is pretty poppy

STGSTV is also pretty poppy, so? They're not nearly as accessible as Person Pitch or MPP.

>i keep having this dream that animal collective releases this album, "returning of spirits, spirits have returned"

>Dispersement of the Waters
>The Bleachers
>Painting Without
>Millipede Hz
>Dead at 9:30
>Let Go Minus Animal Collective
>Colony Collapse Disorder / Smallville
>Regularsac
>Merriweather Prior Pavillion
>Animal Tylenol Box
>Strawberry Jelly
>Fall Be Mean
>Logics
>Ice Blessings
>Robots
>Human Been to Extinguished Town
>Transverse Temporal Gyrus (lol fuck if I know what this one means)
>Prospect Whistler
>Tongue Songs
>There Goes the European
>House-Burning-Down Tunes
>Hollinndonlyonce
>Being-Really-Still Sea Lion
>Returning of Spirits, Spirits Have Returned

did they just...?

>hollindonlyonce

holy fuck im dead lmao

Spirit is obviously way less accessible because of the noise elements. Panda's s/t is like a bandcamp indie pop/folk album

when animal collective first came on the scene i thought, "y'know this isn't half bad". there were a lot of noises and the singing all matched up with each other. there were primal drums and everything was great. and then mpp. fucking shit. "am i really all the things inside of me?" what does that even mean. when i'm fucking a bitch is she thinking, "am i really this dick?" and if she is that dick, am i gay? painting with is fucking garbage.

except p4k literally turned their backs on AnCo after 2010.

>except
How does this contradict OP?
Also their last two albums are straight up garbage.

you mean this OP?

I feel so fucking old when I think about how I was in preschool when this album came out

>implying Animal Collective didn't only exist to be p4k BNM wank in the first place