Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.
youtube.com/watch?v=9lWKt4vxOdg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>We need money
>What are kids into now
>wub wub wub wub wub wub

Fuck yourself cuck

Well, it is consistent with what they do, I just don't like it this time. It is what it is, shame I waited 7 years for it though. I'll live.

>NIGGUH
>NIGGUH
>SHAKE DAT ASS
>WAAAAH DONALD TRUMP
>NIGGUH KILLA WHITE MAN

>ok to talk about Iraq
>not ok to talk about Donald Trump

The entire project is commentary on music marketing you are baka go back to Sup Forums

>2000
FINALLY, I MADE IT, IM UP OUTTA MY CAGE

>2017
IM GOING TO WIPE MY ASS WITH THE AMERICAN FLAG. HOPE THE POLICE DONT SHOOT ME

It's a pretty damn good album, really digging the funky sould vibes I got. Not perfect, certainly not as good as the S/T, but it's really enjoyable.

That was one song, you act as if Dirty Harry wasn't one Demon Days. Yes, the Gorillaz tackle political and social issues. A lot of people who I've seen attacking this album are outwardly racist about it.

>"PLEASE DON'T TALK ABOUT POLITICS MY DELICATE SENSIBILITIES CAN'T HANDLE IT I NEED MY AUDIO SAFE SPACE!"

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting in the same way ironically comercial music is still comercial music

THIS

Yes
I'm not saying its not commercial in fact I'm saying its always been that way so people who are crying about this sudden "shift" are silly motherfuckers

Gorillaz music was always politically tinted but in a good way, like the rap verse in Kids With Guns
Instead we get AYO HOL UP NIGGA DIZ TRUMP DUDE GON SHUT ME CUZ I BE BLACK YO YO YO SHAKE DAT ASS WITE GRUL

Who said I was praising the Gorillaz at all?

Meant Dirty Harry
Fuck this half hour wait before deleting my dumbass post

ITT: People strawmanning using literally only Ascension and nothing else.

name a song that says this

This, a guest feature Damon had nothing to do with writing is everything because it's all they heard from the album

The issue with Gorillaz is that they stopped bringing in intellectual rappers like Del, Andre 3000, etc.

Now we got idiots like Vince Staples and Pusha T. They're talented, don't get me wrong.

But they're fucking idiots

b-but a black man critiqued my politics!! the whole album is shit! it's shit!!!! cuck!!!!

pusha t is so fucking washed
clipse were god-tier but now he's an unironic neoliberal shill
I actually like these new songs except we got the power and hallelujah money those are shit

Show me one other song that's not 'Hallelujah Money' on this album that criticises politics.

Gorillaz have always been political, it's just that underage trump memers weren't alive when Demon Days released.
It's just the quality of the writing and the features that objectively went down.

...Let Me Out?

That's the one the Sup Forumssters mainly bitch about.

Gorillaz summarazed 3 sentences

Except it clearly doesn't work

>Overheard in my classroom
>"What is Gorillaz?"
>"Wikipedia says its a band by some guy from some other band called Blur."
>"These songs are weird."

The thing is that the song doesn't even critique any specific area of politics. It's literally "hey the world is going to shit and there's nothing I can do so might as well enjoy the time I have." Yet it's a black guy saying it so I gotta make fun of him.

I'm not upset about the lyrical content. Preach all ya want brother. More power to ya.
I'm upset about the music being shit.

haven't listened to it yet,
anybody has the link?

It's up on soul

my.mixtape. moe/exyydq.zip

Imagine if they had brought in folks like Oddisee and Hawk House instead of fucking Pusha T and Danny Brown?

it's not that, the album is just mediocre

oddisee has yet to drop something as good as atrocity exhibition, deal w it

Gorillaz suck dick

They're making a TV show for the fucking animated band.

They brought in a bunch of big name, low talent rappers.

They put Damon's vocals not just in the backseat, but often as a fucking supporting vocalist.

Damon has already been saying for years that he was starting to get tired of the project and Jamie burnt out and had to go do his own thing for a few years.

Don't get me wrong, Humanz is a decidedly okay collaborative album, but it's the most blatant corporate music cashgrab I've seen in fucking years.

>tfw listening to empire ants and having a nostalgia surge
why did damon have to turn to shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=9lWKt4vxOdg

to be in middle school again

> Every fucking song is a feature
> It feels more like _artist_ featuring Damon when it should be the other way around
I hate this

It shouldn't be either. The issue is that the balance is all the fuck outta whack. There are supposed to be feature dominate songs, there are supposed to be Damon dominate songs, and there are supposed to be songs in between.

If I wanted just Damon, I'd listen to Blur.

If I wanted just features, I'd listen to the their albums.

I want fucking variety.

This is such a relevant post.
listen to empire ants then listen to any of the singles off of Humanz. If you try and tell me they are just as good as each other you are so fucking full of shit. Humanz is just a fucking bland album front to back. The dip in quality from plastic beach to this is just ridiculous.

Humanz has some really good songs too, but I do agree that there's nothing as good as Empire Ants on this album.

Damon fell for the "black music is better" meme

Theres variety on Humanz.
You can have shitty song A
Or shitty song B
Or even shitty song C

I have to disagree, while song for song this is my third favorite Gorillaz project. Saturnz barz is my favorite Gorillaz song ever.

shitty song c was pretty good though

>Saturnz barz is my favorite Gorillaz song ever.

Umm, it's not a bad song, but like.....

you're gonna put "ALL MY LOIFE" ahead of Clint Eastwood, Feel Good Inc, El Manana, Empire Ants, Rhinestone Eyes, DARE, Hong Kong, etc etc etc.

even Hallelujah Money and Submission off Humaz are so much better than Saturn Barz

Everyone hated the Iraq War, and Dubya Bush had way less supporters than Donald Trump does.

>intellectual
>screaming I'M THE SHIT for almost 8 minutes

wow so deep

>The dip in quality from plastic beach to this is just ridiculous.

That's funny considering everybody said the same thing about Plastic Beach when it was released.

polls prove this wrong, at least the 'supporters' part.

trump supporters are far more vocal than any other president I can think of tho

>Taking heroin in bulks, watch my body hit the chalks
>I'm too lazy, mescaline's got me crazy
>Rape this old lady, while the bitch was having a baby

Nothing new here, honestly

>DARE

Ew. Agreed on the rest, though.

Why it seems like there's only two kind of people who are talking shit about this album? In one hand, the Damonfags who only care about him singing. And on the other hand. the triggered Trump supporters.

I don't care about the last ones, but I've been reading all kind of comments about "dude where's damon?", "why damon doesn't sing?", "i want damon". If you only care about Damon, then you're listening the wrong band and you deserve to be disappointed.

The features are shit
The writing is shit

DARE was trashed the same way is happening with Saturnz Barz when it was released

And rightfully so. 12 years on, DARE is still one of the band's worst songs.

ok kid

>Plastic Beach is all about climate change
>"FUCKIN INCREDIBLE I LUV U GORILLAZ"
>Humanz has some songs about race relations
>"LOL KEK MUSIC, MESSAGE TOO BLATANT VOTE TRUMP 2020"
Goddamnit.

>overheard in my classroom
>classroom

It's past your bedtime

>Don't really agree with the criticism that "Because there's little to no damon on this song, this song is bad."
>The best song on the album has no features and the worst song on the album has no Damon
it's a tough world

Hallelujah Money has a feature though user.

Why do white people automatically tune out the lyrics of rap music if they hear curse words? Is it genetic?

Damon wouldn't be so make or break if the features were more interesting than they were, but they're not and Damon does do well when he can be arsed to try.

>enjoying album
>can't get into Momentz through Submission and that shit is right in the middle
That's my only criticism, really. Rest of the tracks are fine.

Anyone calling this too political must be new.
>Demon Days was anti-colonialism
>Plastic Beach was environmental bullshit

They're not new, they'll just try to tell you the message wasn't blatant like it is here. Because they didn't pay attention to the lyrics or something I don't know.

>People aren't allowed to take a break after working on something for 10 years straight and coming back to it later

See, I'd agree with you except Plastic Beach was as fucking blatant is it gets. Snoop's rapping about pollution from the fucking start.

nice argument

>environmental bullshit
Imagine being so bought into right wing bullshit that you think protecting the planet is a bad thing.

nigga try reading what that guy said again, he wasn't arguing with you

have some fun for once in your life

Explain why without memeing

Agreed on Plastic Beach, but for the most part I think the lyrics on their first 2 albums, which were far more Damon-oriented, were more obscure in nature. The first album in particular can seem like a mess of non-sequiturs at some points but Demon Days mostly (no, I haven't forgotten Dirty Harry, Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head, Stop The Dams, etc.) does a good job of masking its agenda in a cartoonish dystopian flair. It doesn't seem as on the nose as what would follow and sounded more like the first album but a shade darker and more focused, though it seems that some songs from that era sowed the seeds for what was to come.

Could this possibly be the worst Sup Forumspost of all time

Sorry I was aggressive with my wording. What I meant was that the preachiness was bullshit but protecting the planet is important. That aside I really enjoy that album.

Sorry, user, I'm just so mad triggered right now I can't think straight. Gotta find that safe space of hard liquor and cool down

I mean, Demon Days is pretty clear about some of its morals too. Especially Dirty Hairy and O Green World. Not to mention the last three songs are literally preaching their morals. I don't see how someone can listen to Demon Days (the song) and say, "wow how incredible, the meaning is so nuanced and well hidden so it doesn't jump out at you". Humanz is proving that once race is brought up, some people loose their fucking minds.

I have fun on my own terms.

They also put in 5 'interludes' on the standard version that are nothing but noise to divide the album and distract you. Literally filler. We know the 'deluxe' comes with 5 extra songs. I'm wondering if they just cut 5 songs to make a more expensive version.

This album is just shameful in every way.

>ELEVATOR, GOING UP was worth giving its own track

I disagree. The messages were right out there. It's just that Demon Days and Plastic Beach were more cohesive and balanced in their tracks that were obviously message-focused vs those that weren't, so it was more easily digestible. Humanz lacks this balance. You don't really have time to digest the first track before the next one is hitting out with the same shit.

I have to disagree with this. In much of Demon Days, it was very apparent what they were talking about even more so on Plastic Beach. in fact you can look no further than the title of said albums. That is echoed in Humanz where the theme is that we are all human. I feel that a lot of people complaining about the political nature of these songs are simply older and more aware now. They also go onto forums like this to shy away from the very real nature of race relations in this and many of western countries. I see a lot of thinly veiled racism in the arguments against this album look no further than the criticisms in this thread against Ascension.

There is literally nothing wrong with the interludes. Especially Penthouse and the Elephant.

To expand on this, I think the album starts off great, and then you get to Momentz and it really feels like you need a break. Too many hard tracks in a row. After Strobelite, I dont' think things collect well again until Charger, which is a nice relief after Danny Brown's shrill voice.

This is the transtioning. Demon Days had good stops and starts. The songs didn't fade into each other but they all had an 'order' to it that worked.

Plastic Beach on the other hand, holy fuck, the perfect transitions from song to song on any album I've ever heard. It flows so fucking well, you never feel like you're listening to seperate songs but a full fledged collection. The mixing and tuning, holy shit.

Also the messages in Plastic Beach and Demon Days can both be summed up, but they had 'sub-messages', or branching thoughts to the main themes. Demon Days had mostly 'problems' referencing drugs, war, politics without actually calling shit out so it didn't become dated, and issue that arise from the self. Plastic Beach was about pollution, right, but also about the things that entails, there was a loneliness, an isolation, a peaceful meditation and longing to the album, along with hints of the joy that humans find in the destruction and carefree lifestyles they live.

What the fuck messages does Humanz have that isn't 'fuck trump, niggaz is the shit'? Gorillaz lyrics have always been kind of vapid or abstract, but there was always an ambience to it. They always found a way to invoke different emotion with the lyrics and delivery of them. Humanz only delivers half assed dance beats. There is nothing deeper to any of it. No one had any passion making this album, unlike every prior album.

That´s their whole thing. It´s experimental, ever-changing music. I love it all.

That could very well be it but I hear songs like Last Living Souls, Kids With Guns, and Feel Good Inc. that feel conceptually distanced enough to not sound like they're trying to beat you over the head with a message even though one is there. There's a layer of nuance in songs like those that's just missing from something like Ascension, Hallelujah Money or Let Me Out even though they play a similar game. Hell, I'd even argue that Dirty Harry builds up into its preachy rap verse instead of just slapping the listener with it. It's there, but more tastefully done. Then again, "end-of-the-world party" doesn't exactly sound like the most tasteful theme to start with so maybe it was the idea all along.

I like how since the album is political it can't be criticized.
>YOU DONT LIKE IT? DUMB DRUMPFY!
The political messages don't bother me. The music just fucking sucks.

I don't entirely disagree with you. I really love the tracks they released prior to the album release (minus Ascension, but it grew on me because the music itself is really good). Now that I've listened to the album in full, it really feels like they didn't reign in the collaborators enough. That's not to say that the tracks aren't bad, but they have a "playlist" feel to them.

But yeah, Humanz is definitely not my favorite. It's not bad, but it doesn't live up to expectations.

>I'd even argue that Dirty Harry builds up into its preachy rap verse
Eh wot?
>I need a gun to keep myself among
>The poor people are burning in the sun
I think using Dirty Harry to defend Demon Days isn't working. Dirty Harry would fit in real good on Humanz.

OP only bitches because it's about racism and black people. He's not too fond of black people.

Momentz is a bad track.

No one ever said that it's just that the majority of criticisms I've seen have to do with the political nature of the album, namely Ascension and not the actual music.

That part you're quoting sounds like satirical propaganda, glamorizing war before Booty Brown comes in and is all "nah, war actually sucks, I just wanted to dance". There's 2 parts to Dirty Harry's angle. It's in your face but at least it does something with it.

>glamorizing war before Booty Brown comes in and is all "nah, war actually sucks, I just wanted to dance"
I kinda liked when Gorillaz songs would do that. It's was like a tongue-in-cheek satirical jab at the mindset they were trying to address. I feel like the same thing is done in Pirate Jet, but that could just be my interpretation.

Is there a legit leak or is everyone still listening to that shit vinyl leak?

Ripped from the app stream. It's just 128kbps but at least decent and in the quality they want you to be hearing right now.

Oh cool, yea listening now and its definitely better quality, thanks.

I got a 320kbps one from somewhere

Yea that might have been the vinyl rip, I saw people posting "320" versions but I seriously doubt it really fixed anything.