Hey, how does anyone here who honestly has delt with suicidal thoughts cope?

hey, how does anyone here who honestly has delt with suicidal thoughts cope?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Feeling-Good-Handbook-David-Burns/dp/0452281326
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

can't be depressed with my crippling gambling addiction

kill yourself

Smart idea

Just get through one day at a time. Avoid 'What if' questions too

Just realize how insignificant and trivial your problems are on the grand scale of things, become more self aware and do more critical and meta thinking

Thanks, good advice, i honestly need it

Drugs and masturbation my nigger

Drown out the thoughts with other thoughts.
Some of mine can be classified as:
>Random science thoughts and rambles
>Ideas / Speculation on the mechanics of x item / how y works
>Speculations on why x is (Why we have arms instead of tentacles could be a good example)

>hey, how does anyone here who honestly has delt with suicidal thoughts cope?
being honest with myself. made the choice to live. it was a kind of put up or shut up deal.

drugs and bad decisions then repeat

I indulge in everything that makes me happy. Not everything. Dont drink alcohol.

But if im doing something i really enjoy like eating an amazing burger, i think to myself "if i kill myself, i will never be able to enjoy a burger again."

I dont think about getting fat. I dont think about any "what ifs"

I just sit and enjoy that burger. It seems mundane but its the small stuff that helps.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 5 years ago. Its a combo of severe depression, insomnia, and bodily pain. I thought about killing myself many times but theres too much shit i enjoy to leave this place.

I also have dogs. Get a pet. Do you for them. Everything you do, do it for them. Ask yourself "will my dog be proud of me in this moment?"

I wouldn't call it coping, but I always remind myself how afraid of hell I am

I've been there. I know it's a cliche, but suicide is a long term solution to a short term problem

Why? That's where all the fun people go

I don't cope.
I just keep existing and hope that one day I'll finally be free of these thoughts

Tried it failed spent a week in a rehab type place. no TV it sucked

But wouldn't I want a permanent solution?
If my car is fucking up, I dont want to d osome half-assed shit that i'll have to re-do every 3 months. I want something that'll end the problem for good

They're only thoughts...

Nothing is going to matter when you die and we're all going to die one day so you may as well just live as long as you can and see if anything interesting happens and if not oh well it wont matter when you're dead

Tried to kill myself several times. Found out how hard it is to do right. Every now and then, I still cut things close and fail to end up in a really bad way. I know it probably isn't the case, but it often seems like I have the stupidest luck. I have fucked up where most men would have ate it, and come out unscathed. I've merely accepted that being alive and not being able to enjoy it, is as good as being dead. If death is a guarantee, then I may as well wait, because I've done worse to myself by trying to cheat a life I didn't ask for.

I own this now. I bide my time with the high I get from learning. I use hobbies as a prop. My morbid curiosity spurs me to wake up every day, to see, well, something.

Anything. Even nothing remarkable. Then, hopefully, I get to reap what I didn't ask to be sown. I get to own the last grains of my borrowed time.

I just wanna say thanks for your responses. Ik i could probably find answers online but its nice to know real people are actually answering me and its really appreciated

Barely. Just make plans to survive. Tell yourself ill be here waiting for you if you fail again. Ride the throws of money

Well I was suicidal for a while but I had a pal who was there for me through and through and I wouldent be here without him. Love you jake.

>>Speculations on why x is (Why we have arms instead of tentacles could be a good example)

Are you fucking retarded or what?

I try to keep myself busy, if that doesn't work usually just blast music and try to imagine myself being an emotionless robot, sounds autistic but it helps me.

keeping busy is the best way, always distract yourself with something. enjoy the small things.

Keep busy, try to better myself, learned to enjoy pain.

Knowing I can't die.

Its probably some kind of lengthy legal procedure for me to die "before my time" involving angels/demons and I'd probably lose interest in death before I was granted permission to leave.

Yeah that's on of the shittiest arguments to try to help suicidal people. Most people want a permanent solution therefore you are condoning the actions of suicide saying it will all be better forever if you just kill yourself.

Explain why you can't die, pls.

Recognise that you have them, and think, 'no, I won't' every time. Soon you'll automatically shut negative thoughts down.

There was a point in my life where my depression was so bad I had copper wires attached to my wrists and pushed the plug into the outlet with my foot. Talk about pain...

Anyway, years later things are infinitely better. Hard work, done medication, and amazon.com/Feeling-Good-Handbook-David-Burns/dp/0452281326
Got me through. Good luck op.

Have you had any adverse side effects from medication? I always think I should go get something to help me but not sure if it's even worth it.

Yeah there are some. People will call me a fair here but the anti depressant I'm on make it difficult to orgasm. My doctors have told me I could try to switch but the results were so great it's not worth it in my opinion. I'm a man by the way. Talk to someone about meds.

My phone is auto correcting things so I sound retarded.

It's all good, thanks for the info.

It's the thought of my Mom's face as she watches my selfish ass get buried into the ground.

It's enough to make me back off, every time.

Suppress these thoughts with other unnecessary bullshit that's in your life

You should see your mom's face if she knew how you are feeling right now

I couldn't burden someone with that, imagine knowing there's only one thing keeping your kid alive.

Fuck that gay shit, want to kill yourself. Don't be afraid of suicide, suicide is beautiful. What better way to appreciate the beauty of life than to take it into your own hands? Nay! Do not fear, that is weak shit! Gay shit! Embrace suicide! It is a part of life, a part of the end but a part of life.

Don't feel you shouldn't kill yourself, ask yourself - if life is such a burden, why is death relief? Today is hard because it is meant to be hard! There are 1000's of you - not quite, but some one in your bloodline was able live long enough for you to be born. Don't fear suicide, if life is too much for you - maybe that is a sign. Don't fear it, fear life. Fear that is should be taken from you because you find it to painful, too much of a burden. Don't give into weak shit like suicide is bad. Celebrate that you have the choice, celebrate that even when pushed you still have the choice, celebrate as you choose but choose for yourself.

I had severe depression for a few years running. Tried killing myself a few times with pills and stuff, cuz I was too much of a pushy to do anything like hang myself. Distracting myself with video games was one of the only ways I could consistently cope. Eventually I did this shit called wilderness therapy, where I did some survival training boot camp type shit, and that was probably the most effective longterm treatment I had in my life. Try it out OP. you'll hate it so much that normal everyday life will feel more complete.

Alcohol

I know your feels.

I decided to dedicate my existence to my ideals. It sounds silly but I want to simply gain as much intelligence and power at my disposal to change this shit world. There is good here and I must return this place to balance. Find purpose user. Also not being a liberal helps with depression too. Grow some balls and become nationalistic. Maga

>ideals
>change
>shit world
>good
>balance
>liberal

Art helped a lot, consuming and creating. If you're having an existential crisis, check out Lil Ugly Mane - Oblivion Access. It reminded me that everything in life is ultimately meaningless and trivial pursuits of temporary pleasure are ultimately going to make you feel better during the short amount of time you're here.

also socially pushing my own boundaries (ie going out to party when invited even though I just wanted to stay home) helped a lot. In high school I would say I was the most depressed in my life so far, but by senior year I think I was the happiest I've ever been (I'm 19)

Hope that helps you a little. Depression sucks

I think and imagine every step of it while crying myself to sleep and naps...