Eternal /trb/

Old thread Obligatory /trb/ related links:
pastebin.com/grLucSzY

Macca's official /trb/ database:
2015: pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
2016: pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

youtube.com/watch?v=C2JZZ1L2wmA

Because LLM is about scoring a shitton of goals and 4-1-1-4 will allow you to do that.

If you do it right its structured to get the ball to one of the wings and then throw the ball into the box where you have at least four players ready to score. Since crosses are incredibly strong setting your team up to cross as much as possible and having as many bodies as possible inside the box while remaining stable defensively is the best course of action.

You obviously hoofball it, thats priority number uno. And in that regard one of the key roles on the team should be the DM. The anchor is the best role for this because he mainly performs defensive duties and stays back, and then sends the ball to one of your more creative players.

In the midfield you want a bbm. He will perform tertiery defensive duties, but more importantly hes not a creative player by himself, he will pass the ball along and he'll be on the outside of the box when the cross comes, picking up loose balls or getting his head in there depending on the timing.

Your creative players will be your wingers and fullbacks/wingbacks. They are the ones who will get the passes directed at them. Your attacking move will be crosses and the side that isnt holding the ball up will add another body inside the box.

50 posts too early edition

Norbro for the shortbus edition

When playing 4-2-3-1 i have a hard time deciding if i want DMs or CMs.

With DMs the gap between midfield and strikers/wingers seems too big but with CMs it feels weak defensively.

Any advice on how to decide the position/roles for the two midfielders?

It depends how good your team and what kind of tactic you have
4-2-3-1 with CMs is good if you've got a good team that can press well, otherwise they'll be exposed
4-2-3-1 with DMs is more defensively solid

Is 17 any good lads?

No responces from the cunts of /trb/ (Minifridge, Joe Dalton and Chillwave)

>not including this idiot

never played 16. there is genuinely like zero different about this from 15 though. just crap cosmetic shit that;s been added.

I heard it's like FM16. Basically a FM16 50$ patch. I myself am thinking of buying it, because I'm tired of this shit interface and I want an update on players, teams and stuff.
Also, what do you have against the ''cunts'' of /trb/? They are quite nice. The only problem is MF is canadian, so he hates wingers.

does Jew York have a team?

50$ patch, no chinese mod, thumbs down unimpressed

New York Black Bulls

NYCFC, Red Bull New York and Hipster York Cosmos.

What the fuck are you smoking lads/gauchos

I enjoyed 4-2-3-1 with DMs when I was the underdog team, when my team was winning the league and the CL I got more offensive in my strategies.

Used 4-1-3-2 recently. It's quite offensive, so you need to have good CB's and a good GK. But in relation to 4-2-3-1, I'd say use DMs. Even though I never had good experiences with both CMs and DMs on that formation

Also, what is a good strike to play with while also using a Trequartista? I'm using a poacher, but doesn't seem as effective as it could be.

Like FM15 except that >wengers don't defend at all and it shat on my 3-4-3 Diamond. Crosses aren't as bad as they were in FM16. More cosmetic crap and stat analysis.

I have been using the instant result button, is this a faggy thing to do?

no but only if you're a dominating team in a shit league

>wengers don't defend at all
Really? Shit, I'll have to change my tactics.

Well im 1st after 10 games, finished 9th last year. Maybe im cocky but I think I can coast to the title with the reGEMS I have.

Reminder yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

>except that >wengers don't defend at all
oh NO

I dunno why that is. Perhaps it's because it's PL football where every wingers have 17+ Pace. But in my 3-4-3 Diamond in FM15, wingers would participate to defensive tasks with a Very Fluid mentality. Now opposition's wingers go behind mine, the 3 man defence doesn't hold its shape and closes down, which allow for an easy cross to the far post and a tap-in. For now I use CWB, I'll try experimenting with a few PIs or IWBs but I'm not lucky with >wengers at all.

That said, in FM15 almost all my wingers were retrained FBs/WBs, so it might be a reason.

hi can i help you

Did you try a formation with 4 at the back? That might help

Of course that helps (and works), but I don't wanna play with four at the back.

Press this advantage give them no quarter.

Should suitability for roles also be natural? For example, my DC will be natural for central defender but unconvincing for limited defender. Will he play bad?

He needs to have the right attributes for the role and be somewhat comfortable in the position. Else, it shouldn't matter except if he noticeably plays poorly.

Fuck off meme boy. Go post your shit on reddit like you did before. Cunt

The problem is that you're expecting wingers to be useful.

Should've known FAGhouli wasn't up to snuff compared to my home grown lads.

>8 apps
>1 assist
>5 tackles

Literally useless.

And still has a 7.01 rating. I don't fucking know how.

Probably high passing accuracy.

Hello lads

And he has an assist. Clock-fucking-work.

post ur qtest regens

>Aguero has been playing for Man City for like 10 years
>still doesn't speak the local language
hate guys like him

Best I've seen in 10+ years of playing FM. Will always post him when asked. Even though it's hard to believe I didn't use the editor on him.

>16y/o

Sorry user but I'm still gonna call bullshit on this one.

what in the fuck is that mate

how much CA is that

mate I literally couldn't believe it when I found him. I still think about him sometimes.

it's true Miki

at least 140

dunno, I never checked

>I still think about him sometimes.
And now I will too

Where did you find him?

Best one i've ever seen.

I algo got editor accusation.

Some other German team. Can't remember which one but it might have been Freiburg or Koln.

I'm and even I'd accuse you of using the editor on this one.

>Goalkeeper rating

we all know which one is superior

The thing is he wasn't even in my team, Juventus bought him for 42M from Lille right after i found him.

fina-fucking-lly

>retain possesion
>Work ball into box
>short passing
>play out of defence

Why aren't you playing with the GOAT combination instructions? /trb/?

I like my players to play football, not piggy in the middle

because I wanted to try being a long ball team for once

t. poop guardiolel

Don't worry, I am.

>play 4-5-1, long ball
>takes me a full season to realise my main sticker is 5'4

Poop would be frustrated not to be able to use IWBs.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use a target man. It isn't working at all so far.

Probably with PPMs, build-up play would be problematic as they attract balls like no tomorrow.

I'm using a target man because I want him to attract balls, lad. What else do you think he's for?

Tall player with high strength, first touch, vision and determination

>4 first half goals
>still not on a 10 rating
miles ffs

Obviously.

Obviously not if you picked a fucking midget to be your target man

You fucking retard. Look at the reply chain.

Well fucking select that player as a target man then you fucking prick.

It means that the team will hoof the ball to him regardless of if it's the right thing to do or if there are better options.

See

Target man, Pacey wingers with pass into space option?

PES or FIFA?

Sensible Soccer

wrong thread

No fucking shit. Just tired of playing FM at the moment and want to play as a player.

Get the burger out of your fat fucking mouth and go join an amateur side

I will when you pull the Somali cock out of your ass

aren't you supposed to be at some goth party?

How utterly predictable

What

Fuck off Sweden. Asked a genuine question because I wasn't in the mood to go to Sup Forums or into the fifa thread and see autists rage. Is it that dam hard to answer a question?

>FM is not scripted

>not having 2 keepers on the bench

it's like you've never played FM before.

>pc crashes while saving fm game
>load latest save
>doesnt work
>consider ditching 2016 altogether
>backup save works

Nice.

>short passing
>retain posession

thought we had allready established that this was pleb tier

The only thing pleb tier here is you and people in Sweden.

PES

So mad

Why would I be mad?

Depends how much you like build-up play. If you love it, then PES. You'll have to get rid of every fat TM like Jiroo however, they've slowed the game in comparison to PES 16 and fat players like him are far too slow to set themselves into position after receiving the ball.

I mainly play offline as a player. Leaning towards pes because in FIFA I can't keep my in match ratings above a 5 because I have literally no idea where to go if I play anything besides a striker.

Also >not using wingers

What are your patrician instructions then?

mixed passing for less panicy longballs to the wingers when they cant find anyone to pass to

Play out of defense yay or nay?

Do you hate goalkeepers?