You ever realize that the lyrics in this song aren't very good

You ever realize that the lyrics in this song aren't very good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4i6jtsCpImo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not great of paper, but it's perfect with the music. Ideally the best lyricists would be good at both.

All I can even understand, except for the intro and the chorus, is "YOU HAD A COLAPSE, AND THERE'S NOTHING IN IT..."

It's a great performance. The way Frank says "I was swimming in the Caribbean" over that distinctive two notes with the background vocals is just one of the best meshes of sounds in a rock song.

Yeah but lyrics aren't the only part of a song

>never listened to pixies before
>decide to check out this song
>it's just generic pop shit
im confused, why do people love this?

No idea

Pixies are fucking dreadful

A big part of why this song was successful was the hit movie Fight Club, which managed to be extremely popular while maintaining an air of exclusivity.

By this time, Pixies were already over the hill, but I'll take Where is my Mind over most other 2000s singles.

Try Doolittle or Surfer Rosa if you actually care about why people like them, but if not, that's fine too.

Most of their lyrics aren't very good. But then Kurt Cobain copied them and everyone pretended to love it.

>It's not great of paper
Honestly I feel like most songs sound stupid on paper.

Pixies sound "generic" when you first listen to them because everyone else ripped them off but there's no other band that quite nailed their sound, i mean they had a loooot of imitators, I mean thousands of imitators, and none of them really sound exactly like the Pixies. They still stand out after all that

youtube.com/watch?v=4i6jtsCpImo

unlike say Pavement who have the same number of imitators but all of those bands are better than Pavement or do the same thing so exactly you may as well not bother with them

imo

have you even seen fightclub?

Its "youre head will collapse"

yeah this

everyone in the world can make a "where is my mind" but I don't think any other band can make an "oh my golly" or "vamos"

I like the Trampled by Turtles version better

They were a dreadful, dreadful group. One of those groups who you realize are only indie musicians because they're odd-looking, but their mentality is pure REO Speedwagon. Black Francis's voice is the sound of a man with an incredibly bland, cracker voice pretending not to be able to sing. The lyrics are about montonous shock-effect scenarios because he has about as much real need to write songs as Rivers Cuomo - he's just a dull man plying a trade.

No, they sound generic because they always were generic. Having thousands of imitators is a sure sign that you're for the cretinous.

WHEEEEEEERE IS MY MIND
WHEEEEEEEEERE IS MY MIND

WAAAAAAAAAY OUT IN THE WATER
SEEE IT SWIMMING

They fell off hard after Come on Pilgrim, but that's still one of my favorite EP's ever

They played good tunes though, why do you care so much?

>1988 song released in 2004

I made this record.

it's the single release my friend

Crazy to think this guy also producers Ys by Newsom

the guy that wrote some of the string arrangements also worked extensively with Brian Wilson on Smile! cool facts

He wasn't as involved with Ys as you think. It's not enough to really call it an Albini record.

He recorded it, Parks produced it

HE HAD WHAT THEY CALL

>you can tell its bad because its popular
well aren't you a big boy

where is my mind is on surfer rosa

I just can't get into Bossanova and Trompe le Monde. They feel like a sharp decline in quality coming from the first two albums. One of the only songs I could manage to like from Trompe was Head On, and that's a goddamn cover.

I agree with this actually. They shaped the bands that shaped music today

this

I realize he merely "engineerd" it, but it it seems to me, that most of the times when he is involved in the production of a project, you know it's gonna sound tight.

PASSING COMPLEXION

They are. Kind of impressionist

What? Like who?

>sound tight
*points to Tweez*

What sounds so much like them before?

Where is my mind is from 1988 u dunce

Jesus christ What a contrarian

Pixies lyrics aren't good in general. The whole dynamic tho, great band.