Could this be the gratest math rock record? If not it gets pretty fucking close

Other urls found in this thread:

skingraftrecords.bandcamp.com/album/synchromysticism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Id say its more math punk, but yeah its the best there is

Nope.

this album is shit

your opinion is wrong

Nah, it's not even the best Tera Melos album. In fact, the whole no vocals thing makes it a pretty generic math album.

What would you say it's the best record from them?

I really don't think the no-vocals thing made it sound generic. It has really great melodies and song progression. Besides, the production is out of this world... Melody 5 is a great example of all of this

I think Xed Out is their best one yet, but to be honest I don't think they have reached their full potential yet.

S/T has a lot of filler moments imo, would have been better if some songs were condensed.

>mfw melody 8 starts playing

Both Don Caballero II and What Burns Never Returns are better.

that isnt Masked Dancers or Animals

This is correct. This album is the most original math rock has ever been without indulging in the wank. Hold Your Horse Is is really good too but it's just gnarly riff after gnarly riff, not quite as nuanced.

>Hold Your Horse Is
>among the best
that album is not nearly as interesting as Sajjanu or Yowie or as soothing as TTNG or AF, it's not even as inventive as Polvo or Don Caballero

Not this poster, but I like HYHI more than anything you mentioned

lol

lava land

Polvo is not math rock (yet is better than most math rock), TTNG sucks, Hold Your Horse Is is good, along with OP's choice, and Don Cab is ultimately the only band that matters. Most math rock is trash.

I'm not the biggest Hella fan, but HYHI does it for me. I also think Tripper has some nice moments to it as well.

I don't listen to a ton of math rock these days. Sort of have to be in the right mood. But while they trade a good bit of technicality and density for simple melody and good vibes, I've been enjoying Totorro as of late.

this shit is good too

math sucks
mathrock is gay

holy shit. i forgot about tera melos. thanks for reminding me about them. no idea how i forgot them, they're top tier.

Math rock is supposed to be an instrumental genre. I've honestly never heard a math rock record that was made better with the addition of a vocalist.

youre completely wrong bruh, xed out is a low point though patagonian rats was great. also their best was drugs to the dear youth
since when is this the more popular record than wbnr?
i love hella because they dont get stuck on math rock, tripper has some great straightforward riffs but is still wild af

Clever Girl is in a similar vein to Totorro if you haven't heard them. A bit mellower with a jazzy tint, but a fantastic group.

Been big into them and Piglet the past few months.

This. American Don > Don Caballero 2 > What Burns Never Returns

Because most vocalist suck. But anyways, Cap n Jazz.

>Polvo
>not Math Rock
says who?

skingraftrecords.bandcamp.com/album/synchromysticism
whats your mathy aoty?