The Money Store turns 5 years old today

The Money Store turns 5 years old today.

Has it aged well?

What memories do you have attached to it?

Favorite track?

Hustle bones nigga

Aged like milk

I remember the only track really blowing me away on first listen was "Lost Boys" because it was the only track that I felt was really 'out there'. I couldn't make it through the album until third listen.

Hustle Bones
it's pretty good, i've been listening to it more recently, not sure where to go after it though, ex-military is pretty good but the rest is just not for me

This particular kind of industrial hip-hop is just grime with a bit noisier production, this album was dated from the beginning.

I had never even seen a penis before. 25 years of rotations, passes through gym changing rooms, and travel, and to my memory I had never witnessed a sad cum. Death Grips were hunched over their instruments. MC Ride slowly beat on a white girl who had jumped up on stage, screaming, eyes closed, into his microphone like he was trying to hustle bones out his mouth. Andy Morris tapped patiently on a macbook, waiting for his cue. White pearls of arena light swam over their faces. A lazy disco light spilled artificial death in the west of the makeshift stage. The metal skeleton of the stage ate one end of an eight high abandoned building, on the steps of Jimmy Page's castle. Tesla's bones and cobblestone laid beneath. I stared entranced, soaking in Death Grips' new material, chiseling each sound into the best functioning parts of my brain which would be the only sound system for the material for months. Eh.

Hacker is the song of its time.

Half a decade ago this shit infested Sup Forums

Solid album, there isn't a single bad track

mediocre memerap

Punk Weight or The Fever

Hacker is the best track though

GOING BACK TO TANGIER

One of the first hip-hop albums I ever heard, I downloaded it thinking it would be a metal album, going by the cover and band name. I was determined to like it, and it (along with madvillany) helped me get into music that wasn't rock oriented

Best track lost boys

Its aged very well
Double Helix

It's still good but it has been surpassed by their new material

I recently started listening to mu grips and I found bottomless pit the most accessible after I started with money store, I'm a metal fan though so that might have something to do with that. I'm also starting to listen to no love deep web atm

their worst album desu

>5 years already

Fuck this.

my nigga
Double Helix and Blackjack are my favourites

It seems a lot of decent music released in the past 25 years or so has aged so well that it still holds up today, I most likely wouldnt be able to tell what year some albums were from without looking at it's wikipedia article. that being said, TMS has aged well in just 5 years.

Hacker probs fav track

T H E F E V E R

all of them expect fuck that and bitch please

GET GET GET GET GOT GOT GOT GOT

I've seen footage is my fave.
At all the parties I go to we only play rap. I figured I could fit in by putting on some Death Grips. Everyone immediately sensed that it was out of the ordinary (I.e. Not Kanye) and shunned me for it.
Then I put on Pet Sounds and everyone loved it. Go figure.