Any Sup Forumstards engaged?

Any Sup Forumstards engaged?

I want to ask my girlfriend and I need some ideas for the proposal.

Hit me.

bump
i also need ideas

If you are coming to Sup Forums for advice on proposing, you might want to re-think whether or not you are ready for marriage.

I guess this means you're bored with her sucking your cock then

Yes, whats the question? I just asked and she said yes no big deal

Do literally anything

She wont really care what you do

T.married man

This

Unless you are ready to breed with her and create a spawn to assume control of the world you create.

Don't

Marriage isn't like it was years ago.
It's no longer a partnership.

( •_•)
( ง )ง fite
/︶\

Don't do it in public, in a crowd.
No jumbo screen sports game bullshit.
If you have the ring attached to a dog you're doing this wrong.

It should be personal and intimate.

This is all just my opinion.

How I did it?

Well, I have a girlfriend, we´ve been seeing eachother for 3 years, we are both in our early 30´s ( she´s 31 im 33) we went out one night for dinner and drinks, when we both where a bit tipsy I asked her if she wanted to take the next step and get engaged she said yes, doesnt have to be more dramatic than this, life isnt a rom-com

do it in alphabetty spaghetti

keep simple, say real shit. Give her ring. Stop being a cuck.

Thanks for the advice, it's along the lines I was thinking.

I appreciate the concern

You're wrong

Whatchu mean?? Not everyone who gets married wants children..especially not straight away, it is a partnership.

get down on one knee, fish the ring out of your pocket, open it, and say "I want something else, to get me through this, semi-charmed kind of life, baby."

I proposed underwater, girl is a marine biologist and she loves diving and shit. Never dived in my life but planned a vacation and called the place we were diving at ahead of time to let them know the plan. They thought it was awesome and he agreed to let video tape with my go pro. He took us to an old underwater bench and I pulled out a corny paper that said there are many fish in the sea but you are the only one for me. I have a questions to ask but you have to wait and see or something like that. Went to the land and she was super excited because she knew what I just had asked her. I blind folded her and led her a bit down the beach where my family had made a big heart in the sand using roses. And I led her in the heart and proposed while my family all stood around the heart all wearing white shirts. It worked out nicely cause she said yes.

OP here

So my thinking:
>surprise her with home-cooked lunch (she likes my cooking), buy flowers for the house
>give her collection of love letters I have been writing her every day since I decided to propose to her, back in December
>tell her I was sure I'd be to nervous to eloquently say how much I love her, and that in any case words cannot capture the feels
>get down on one knee, give her ring

I'll have a bottle of champagne ready to go, and booked dinner in her favorite fancy-ass restaurant for the evening

good to go?

yeah so this is the big-thinking kind of shit that I'm afraid is expected of me...

Sounds nice to me, man.

I think shit like this is kinda harsh because it pressures them into saying yes. If she didn't want to, she'd still agree due to feeling like she'll be vilified otherwise.

Well since you're asaking your girlfriend to marry you I suggest the following

>Spend way too much money on a worthless stone that the debeers corporation hoards hundreds of thousands of metric tons of
>spend a shitload of effort coming up with an overplayed proposal meme
>spend way too much money on a wedding to invite people who couldn't care any less to try and get presents out of them
>go on a shitty honeymoon because your or her dad won't fork over any more money for your stupid idea
>be me
>be gay
>be with the same man for eight years
>trial goes to the supreme court
>melt down grandpa's sterling silver belt buckle
>add in a sample of germanium
>form it into a couple of rings
>put them in the oven for a cleaning cycle
>spend an evening polishing them
>come upstairs
>go over to bf
>grab his hand
>put a ring on it
>"OK" he says
>lay down and watch the news coverage of the court's decision
>go to bed
>wake up monday and go to the courthouse
>get married
>go to arby's
>go home and do laundry

Yeah I mean I went a little big because I wanted to but I could've gone simple and she still would have said yes. Honestly she tells me that she would have preferred if my family wasn't there. So the more personal the better I guess.

Record it and post it.

Yea that will do. Go for it.

I wouldn't have done this if we haven't already discussed marriage. At this point we were already living together for 2 years

The "more personal = better" comes back a lot when I've asked married friends of mine how their husbands proposed.

That's why I settled on a simple plan rather than something elaborate.

But now I'm freaking out it may be too simple.

I don't think you put too much pressure on her in this case. Still an impressive proposal though, it's intimidating.

Here's how it went down with me:
>When I felt the time was right (we'd been together 6 years) I purchased a ring.
>Had no idea how I was going to propose
>Kept the ring hidden in my nightstand
>After a particularly good day, we have some hot sexy time
>Laying there afterwards, she curls up on me and says "I love you"
>I say "I love you more"
>She says "Prove it"
>I reached over in the nightstand and retrieved the ring, and placed it on one of her naked tits
>Shock and awe
>She puts it on, starting to cry
>Will you marry me?
>Yes!
>We fuck for the next few hours
>MFW I can't tell anyone how I proposed

If you don't want kids then marriage has little benefit financially.

You better bet is to live together and buy two homes. (assuming you are in America)

You get better tax breaks and you can claim taxes and interest as a deduction on your primary residence and a vacation residence.

Or if you are both filing separately, each of you can claim a home.

Note: How to game the system.

>Buy two homes and list both as residence.
>Rent the second home as cash over the barrel

You assume risk but you can pay for the home with the rent and claim on taxes.

That's a great story man. Congrats!

On the other hand: she'll want to have a nice story. Her sister's husband had a shitty proposal and she'll want to best that.

There's big symbolic and social value to marriage, it's not all about tax breaks.

Also: we're both expats, so in our case it will massively simplify the administrative mess that comes with that.

Another question: did y'all ask your fiancée's father first?

I think what you have planned is great man, if she wants it then just the sight of the ring is going to make her want to do back flips. The letter idea is clever enough to have a fun story to tell to nosey friends.

I didn't ask for permission because that's old school shit and she is a person not his property but I did however ask for his blessing which was in my opinion more nerve wrecking than the proposal it self

Thanks for giving me some confidence, I feel I'll be alright.

I know she wants it, and the ring is a pretty spectacular and unique piece.

So you asked beforehand?

I wanted to go visit them the day after I propose, so we can tell her parents together. (In any case we only see them rarely as we're both expats.)

I haven't told anyone that I am going to propose, and I am happy to hold off telling my parents until after we have told hers.

I feel there is something romantic and very respectful towards her that she should be the first to know.

So, maybe that will do instead of asking their blessing?

No i'm not in America, to me marriage is about two people who are solidifying their love

Go for it man, its always good to see if someone found his SO, tell us later how was it. Cheers

i have an idea...DON'T DO IT!!!

RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY!!!

Thanks dude.

Nah.

Yes I asked about a week before and told them my plan. I was met with overwhelming support by her parents and her sister who happened to overhear.

>I want to ask my girlfriend and I need some ideas for the proposal.

i carefully deconstructed the bottom of a cracker jack box, removed the 'toy' package and put her ring in it.
no huge event, she just went looking for a snack one night and she got a ring too.

you better be ready for a life time of negotiation and compromise if you want to stay married ...

well played user

this was mine

I'm ready to compromise. I feared when we moved in together that I would miss the liberty, but she makes me feel that I can be myself and whenever we do have to negotiate, she cuts me a fair deal.

Also, I like your casual approach. I couldn't deal with the pressure of not knowing when she'd find it.

Don't do it in public, or at least not arround people who one of you knows (friends, family, etc). Plenty of women say yes out of pressure then turn you down in private.

Make sure you're both clear on what each one wants out of life (how many kids, how you want to raise them, wether tou'd like to stay or move, etc.) There are things people don't think about before getting married that end up souring their lives forever.

Make sure you buy a house before getting married, this way if you get divorced it will still be yours (depending on where you live).

How do your arguments usually go like? Screaming, pouting then a forced apology? Passive-aggresiveness? Or are they calm, rational adult discussions?

Best advice i can give on it is that you sit on that ring for a while. Give yourself some time to determine she's wife material or you're just infatuated.

I must be missing a lot but you get what i'm trying to say.

I proposed at the gas station where we first hung out. Ik it sounds lame but it was thought out. Pic related

>white people

Thanks, that's really considered advice.

>Don't do it in public, or at least not arround people who one of you knows (friends, family, etc). Plenty of women say yes out of pressure then turn you down in private.
check

>Make sure you're both clear on what each one wants out of life (how many kids, how you want to raise them, wether tou'd like to stay or move, etc.)
check

>Make sure you buy a house before getting married, this way if you get divorced it will still be yours (depending on where you live).
I have looked into this and similar concerns. My back is covered.

>How do your arguments usually go like? Screaming, pouting then a forced apology? Passive-aggresiveness? Or are they calm, rational adult discussions?
We're great when we fight. Calm, rational, adult, leading to a meaningful compromise and apology if appropriate.

>Best advice i can give on it is that you sit on that ring for a while. Give yourself some time to determine she's wife material or you're just infatuated.
I don't know about this one. I want to ask her soon. We've been together for 5 years, two of which living together.

For all those burgerlanders out there, you actually want to buy two houses _before_ you get married.

Check with your bank--the federal government still subsidizes home ownership. Minimum of 2% down to buy a house, which is absurd (and also you should put more down). But you can buy a house for cheap if it's your first one, and when you're married you count as a unit. So buy two, one in each name, lock the rates down, and then get married.

So this is the gas station?

Don't! Once you're married it's all down hill because she knows you're stuck with her so she lets herself go.

How old were you?

Nah

18 so it was kid shit

Yeah I figured you must have been young. Congrats though. Still with her?

She was playing her DS while laid back on the recliner. I walked up, smooched her on the forehead, and laid a small box on her right breast.

She opened it, it had a ring and a note:

>You're the most frustrating piece of shit I've ever known. Want to spend the rest of your life driving me nuts?

>She laughed heartily and said "Yes"

Would you like a newd sir?

If that story is true, you have found your soulmate.

Yea, she's the bane of my existence but the mother of my daughter so. Is what it is

It is 100% true, I assure you.

Well, man. If your interests are aligned, you got your back covered, you can have calm disagreements and you've been able to stand one another for so long, i'd do it.

>please don't base your desition on the opinion of a stranger on the internet.

>please don't base your desition on the opinion of a stranger on the internet.

I wouldn't. Just needed to vent a bit to overcome some anxiety.

Congrats!

Just say, "Hey baby, ready to ruin it?", then hand her the ring.

Pathetic

Put the ring on your dick and pop the question in public.

Those are the rules from The Office...

As a divorced male, my advice is don't. Marriage isn't worth it

propose at the marina while watching the sunrise