Your preferred whisky?

single malt master race

Other urls found in this thread:

propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploader/users/public/z33337whiskeyx219.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The nips actually make great whiskey.

top choice
the nips do not make good whisky at all

What is some good whiskey to get into the taste? right now the only way for me to drink it is to chug it with enough coke, but I want to be able to appreciate the taste. Not looking for anything crazy expensive

Thread can close now

my go to bottle
gtfo+kys

Get out of the way faggots, America's coming through.

Alcohol is shit. Smoke weed instead.

try this one out
do both and kys board cancer

yes. smoke on bottle. best thing ever.

>20 year old thinking they look like "real men" because they force down something they actually don't like. But think it makes them look cool.

Seriously...

Ardbeg single malt udegail is top scotch. Oban is solid, glamorangie is not bad, lagavulin 16 is ok. Johnny walker, anything blended, Glen liveth, etc. All shit tier scotches.

>drank Jack Daniel's once
>thinks all whisky tastes like that
>has never had delicious scotch whisky

Ayy it's already here.

>insecure child makes up fantasies to help feels

Especially the snowflake editions

Best I've ever had. I usually just go for Jameson because it's smooth and cheap.

you guys should 100% stop what your doing & check out Snapchat z .com now

It looks like you like your whisky peaty. I don't mind a little bit, but Talisker and Laphroaig are too much for me.

I always have a bottle of Isle of Jura: Origin in the house.

Literally the stuff you drink in the woods by the fire while wolves howl at the full moon. The stuff of an adventurer and a true warrior.
This fascinates me to no end. Anyone who likes "smoke"whisky should check this out.

You're joking, right?

I like Laphroaig poured over a single ice cube which I then let melt

You're comparing Scotch with Irish?
When you go out for a piece of fish do you order steak?
Damn.

Only whiskey I can drink

Wait till you try Macallan 25...I only did cuz I was at some Korean Karaoke bar and there was a new bartender girl and she had trouble with english enough as it is so I asked her how much for top shelf. She goes and gooks out with the other girl working and she comes back and says $7 dollars. I feel bad in retrospect but I crushed half the bottle for like $49 bucks. Best scotch experience ever.

I'm gonna visit my 1 square meter life estate at their distillery this summer.

Much excite.

Not comparing.
I'm just saying that my "preferred" is the glenlivet 18, but I normally settle for inexpensive Irish for financial reasons.

And cheap scotch is unbearable to me.

holy fuck ignore this thread and go to Snapchat z .com as soon as you can lol

My nig

Never tried black. I can never justify paying for it when I know there are whiskies that I love for the same price or less.

It's on my ToDo list...

>Can't spell Glenmorangie
>Says Johnny Walker (a blended scotch) good
>Says blended scotch is shit
>Glenmorangie good Glenlivet shit tier??

JD is like the McDonalds of Whisky

I bought a bottle once and it tasted like the liquid smoke I use to make jerky. Literally used it to humidify a box of maduros I had. Best use of that garbage ever.

I never had the 10yo, but the uigeadail is very good!

Talisker 10 is too sweet. They add too much caramel.

That shit is fucking excellent

>fatass neckbeard projecting his own insecurities and low T onto other anons with actual taste

go drink your wine coolers somewhere else manlet

holy fuck ignore this thread and visit Snapchat z .com now

I'm jelly.

I'm almost only one of my friends who likes it.

Mine has been the Aberlour a'bunadh for a long while, but I just got and opened the Spice Tree from Compass Box a few days ago. It's really good so far.

instead you should just Snapchat (z) .com and leak all your snapchat friends

Forgot to add, the a'bunadh I have is batch #50.

I have a small bar in my kitchen. My day to day around the house drink is Johnnie Walker Red.

The most expensive bottle I keep regularly is Lagavulin 16 year. Most of what I drink are scotches around the $50-$80 range. Have a few bottles of whisky around the $50-$60 range as well.

It's not overly pricey, or (seen as) super classy but honestly I like it more than those $60 bottles.

"clearly you've never delved into the myriad artistic realities of anime with a glass of scotch in the even, m'lord" - everyone else ITT

Anything as long as there's 4.5 litres of it.

Highlands in general are underrated.

Far more interesting and than that peaty islay shit with zero other flavours.

thats disgusting, tried it once too. its too smoky and all these weird flavors come out when its drunk on the rocks. laphroag is way better neat, some of the sweeter/non peated are better over ice

I haven't tried any Speyburn yet. They aren't very available where I live, even if they were I think I'd pass them by. Can you compare it to any other whiskys?

I am a Rye man myself

Agreed! I've tried to enjoy peaty scotches, but I just get insanely tired of tasting campfire...

best normal priced all arounder

Decided to show it off. This is about 2/3 of my collection.

This guy knows.

My GF works at a store where they import from private distilleries/vineyards all around the world and we get to try a bunch of great whiskys -- among all the shit ton we've tried we agree that the best whisky is this mid-high tier magical bourbon called Jefferson's Ocean that you can buy at just about any serious booze store.

They take private distilled whisky barrels and put them on a ship that travels around the world so the whisky sloshes around in the barrels. Also the salty air gives it a distinct briney taste.

tl;dr: fucking amazing $80 bourbon that has a slightly salty taste.

propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploader/users/public/z33337whiskeyx219.jpg

I prefer Superstition but Origin was one if my first good ones when I was getting into it

The only acceptable answer

That shit is amazing. I had a friend who worked at a store and he got this for me as a birthday gift. So damn good.

This is the cheapest single malt i can get in my area. If anyone is used to JW Black or dewers or some other blend, you should give this one a shot for about the same price. It's much better.

No

>sorority sloot pls go

smooth and sweet but pricey

Checked and yes its the best valued solid scotch at a decent price. This man is confirmed a lush boozehound.

Laphroaig

Goddamn...that's just a genius marketing idea...even if it imparts a bit of brine flavor they found an unique niche and marketing the hell out of it. It's one of those why the fuck didn't I think of that ideas.

I killed my last bottle of that in 2 days. I didn't even mean to get drunk I just kept wanting to taste it again. Great whisky.

Also, pic related is my favorite mid-shelf scotch to have around. It's cheap enough at around $45 a bottle that I never feel like I have to "save" it or anything, and that slightly sweet sherry oak cask finish is perfect for almost any time of day or mood.

I have also experimented with adding 0.5oz Laphroaig Cask Strength to a ~3oz Doublewood to add some smokey character and it's genuinely pretty great, though I don't normally advocate that kind of blasphemy.

Nice! Yeah it's amazing. Anyone I know who works with alcohol loves this stuff.

Cheers

Ancient Age

Mcallan is the shit, even the 12 year is quality.

It really is, i'll admit it's pretty gimmicky -- but nobody denies how good it tastes

I'm just a 30 year old functional alcoholic.

Once you grow up and get a real job you have enough money to drink whatever you want instead of what you can afford. You can't possibly be so intentionally dense as to not acknowledge the fact that most people consider scotch the epitome of liquors...

Current stash:
Blantons (regular i think, store pick)
Eagle rare Single barrel (8-10 year store pick)
Buffalo trace single barrel (6 year i think store pick)

local shop has a few bottles of willett 2 yr rye im thinking of getting. anyone had it?

Nice collection there, only one I've got is the Lagavulin you've got in the back. Found some pics of my whisky cabinet I took for a thread back in january. Have added 5 more since then but can't be arsed to take new pics. 1/3

I prefer a good Gin.

I actually think jack daniels tastes fine..
Glenfiddich is more up my alley but nothing wrong with some Jack imo

2/3

>And Mickey D's is fucking delicious

This is good stuff, got some for my b-day

Negro gin?

3/3

my nigga

Fireside Laphroaig is the bees knees

Just got this a couple of weeks ago. One of my new favorites.

This is the only correct answer.

I no longer drink these but ardbeg 10 yo used to be my fav. others were like better versions of regular whisky, ardbeg was totally different.

If you like it that smokey more power to you, but I had a bottle of cask strength in my liquor cabinet for literally 2 years because I was so rarely in the mood for it. I ended up using it mostly to add character to sweet bourbons, which actually made for a pretty awesome little mixed-whisky cocktail. I was doing like 3 parts Four Roses single barrel to 1 part Laphroaig.

Just too intense for my taste by itself.

Not if you've ever tasted real burgers.

Sounds good mate

mickey d's is everyones guilty pleasure, dont tell me you dont enjoy the act of eating a shitty hamburger if you dont have to worry about what happens after

same with chugging JD