Yo Sup Forums i found this card 2-3 years ago i have no idea if its authentic or not but its in really good condition i...

Yo Sup Forums i found this card 2-3 years ago i have no idea if its authentic or not but its in really good condition i took it out of the plastic and its spotless

>be me 3 years ago
>dad owns appartment building
>guy left without paying and left a shit ton of trash in appartment
>found this card in a hard plastic box while breaking an old stinking sofa to take it outof the appartment (i was working alone and it was the only way i could move it)

Should i try to sell it? Is there any way that i can check if its real? I find it really weird that this was the only magic card that i found in the whole appartment i dont know much about magic but it seems weird to me that he owned only one card and it happens to be one thats worth a lot of money

Other urls found in this thread:

sales.starcitygames
mtggoldfish.com/index/ICE#paper
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This cant be real it is fake, if not you can buy that car you've always wanted

check if its real

It's fake. No collection sign.

It is fake. Look at the bottom corners. You can see that it was printed out and glued to another card. Fake/10

I can post more pics

The card is fake fag

>tfw you gave your card collection to a friend at the end of highschool 15 years ago. Go to a convention and realize your best deck is now worth 10k.

probably fake, the colors aren't quite right and the text isn't as clear as it should be but that could just be the picture. you could bend test it, look up how to do it so you don't fuck up a lotus. You could also send it to get graded.
these guys have never seen a lotus before so don't listen to them.

That card was worth 300 dollars when I quit playing. What is it worth now?

Ho my god

I dunno. Show the side and back. That looks exactly like the ones I saw at tournaments back in 96-97.

send it in to get graded man

I can give you 50 for it

the border text looks off, it needs to be crisper I'm wagering it's a fake.

This.

put it back in its sleeve you mong

The printing on alpha wasn't that high quality. They didn't realize they were sitting on cardboard crack quite yet.

It looks pretty real, man. That card may be worth as much as nice new car.

Looks legit. Put it back in sleeve. I played starting at Arabian nights. That looks good. It could be a good fake though but it is a really good one. People uses these unsleeved at my first tournament. Moxes and lotus every where.

Take it into your local game store. People here seem to forget that beta borders look like that. Unless OP uploads high quality scans it's impossible to tell if real or not.

thats my card motherfucker. i be seeing you and your dad real soon.

It's a pretty easy to spot fake

Sorry for late replies was carefully taking pics

How? Im scared to damage it with bend test
See other pics
See other pics
See other pics
Does it cost money?
Interesting
Lol im a mechanic my fingers are fucking dirty
That would be awesome as fuck

Yeah the text looked washed out and kinda purple in every Mox and lotus I saw in the 90's. The printing was kinda shitty until like maybe 3rd edition or ice age.

if you bend test it right there will be no damage, I've done it with a few old cards and had no isuue. but grading is the safest bet

I actually can see that line but its on every other black lotus photo on google image so (pic related)

It does cost money to get it graded and authentication. But that card is worth far more than fine gold for it size so pay to protect its providence.

you can probably get around 5-10k for that one

That shit is fake as fuck

If it's real nice, but if it's fake it's probably because he spent all his rent money on a sick black lotus card

This may be correct on closer inspection. I'd have it looked at still though.

well fuck.

If OP isn't just full of shit - good luck to you dude. hope it's a real one, those fucking pieces of cardboards sell for ~$30,000 because people are retarded as fuck

sales.starcitygames com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Black+Lotus

Mail it to me op I'll grade it for you

500 Pennsylvanian Ave Room #2, Washington DC

Do you think i can sell it without getting it graded? Like can i put an auction on ebay and just tell my story

almost definitely no.

same here, I started playing when I was around 14 and 15 when revised edition came out, around 16 or 17 I lost interest in it and sold all my cards to a friend for like $50, when I look at the price of those dual lands today I easily had 4 or 5 thousand dollars worth of cards.

coming to fuck your ass home boy

Really? Awesome ill mail it tonight

Fake because visibly pixelated typeface merged with background means it's been scanned

About 99% sure it's fake. The text shadows feel wrong, too dark, the borders between the frame and the black border aren't crisp enough, and the text box looks too smooth, like someone dropped a blur filter on it. Of course this could be due to the relatively crappy pictures, post a high res scan of you want to know for real. You can buy fake lotuses for like 5 bucks each.

Source: worked at a mid size mail order card shop and constantly saw people trying to send us fake things from our buylist.

this

Yeah. Nope.

Fuck...actually got me Mr. President

I had a freaking candalabra of tawanos based DD deck. Original city of brass and shit. Shivian dragons, OG. I had the limit of dual lands for every deck I owned. They cost me like 4 or 6 bucks a piece.

To be young, dumb and full of cum again.

At least 10 times that. For unlimited edition. In bad shape.
Black bordered, at least 10k and maybe much more.

Not that you could sell it most of the time these days. Vintage is dying. It sucks, but that's what happens when the game is almost a quarter century old and some people hoard cards of which there are so few copies now, nobody can play it anymore.

Someone asked me to try a bend test?

Seems regular bendy

Lol shouldve known

Interesting, but where in the fuck do you get fake lotuses for 5$? Didnt find jack shit on google

Do the rip test for the blue line next

Im OP, this is not OP

China is the source of all evil, one way or another

kek, faggot, OP's borders are black, BIG FAT PHONY !

Gotta do a bend test bro if its real it will bend back if its fake it wont go back properly

Yeah, China is turning out near perfect counterfeits as of late. You can buy like 50000 of any card for $400. It's pretty insane.

Probably fake OP crap. But if not will bite.
You need to get it appraised, usually local card shops will have more information on this. One of the shops here has an appraiser they work with since we have a lot of fakes pass through. Call over first, ask them about it, if you just bring it in they are likely to think you're another idiot with a fake Lotus and brush you off. Keep in package/sleeve. If it is real then you are a lucky son of a bitch.

Probably been said, but extremely bad fake.

Still, people will buy these to play as proxies rather than spend $5000 for a real one.

Be careful when selling it, sometimes eBay will take down those items.

I do a few open booster tournaments during dragon Con every year for lulz. I have no interest in starting again seriously. After not playing for like 15 years I was amazed how many more things they had added. I'll stick to Pathfinder or LOTFP or board and Vidya now.

>see this
>take out phone
>snap a pic
>not trying to get it out of his hands while it still looks ok before he smears that black shit he has on his other hand all over the card

>????????

#blacklotusesmatter

Burn it to be sure OP

If you want to sell it. Take it to a convention. You will find a knowledgeable buyer. Plus you can stare at slutty geek girls cosplaying.

OP here, bump thread and i will do bend test

OK now I know OP is a fag troll.

what does it matter if we do its the only way you'll know if its real

Just get it graded. Go to your local card shop and they can probably help you out with letting you know if it's real or not and even help you sell it. Getting it graded tho will increase its price because buyers will know it's authentic.

the card isnt even that good, its usefull but not format changing. its more iconic than anything.

What? Why lol

>28 months

Fake. Back to le reddit

quads for Burning it

is this bait? lotus is one of the biggest enablers of t1 wins

It really doesn't matter, its an obvious fake. Still, I've heard bend tests will snap fakes in half, so hopefully OP will do it and post pics of the ruined fake (is that even a thing, ruined fake?)

dies to artifact removal therefore piece of shit

pee on it. real ones will reflect piss streams without soaking any urine

I say try it.

In all honesty, you need to get it checked. There are many professionals who can tell. If you it turns out to be real then you have some money on your hands. Best not to listen to a bunch of dipshits that will get you to do stupid shit for luls.

second on that

no it dosnt its in a format with usually 8 free counterspells is usually played the turn its used and even if its targeted it's saced in response so not really

lmfao
>I play mtg with my friends and don't know shit the post
Where is your turn zero artifact removal, faggot?

exile spirit guide cast oxidize but still wont do shit

My quads say burn it

Get it graded. It is likely 80% chance of being fake. It is worthless without the grading.

Also don't be pissy if you get like a PSA grade 6 or 7. It's really goddamn hard to get a good grade. Fresh unpacked cards will get 8s because their own packaging damaged them.

dies to counterspells, card is shit

that and the printing quality was poor back then. centering and too much/too little ink on so many cards makes those 9+ worth a lot

This came off a laser printer

mindbreak trap?

is any of the ice age stuff worth anything? i use to collect those cards i still have the binders full of them. ice age is the oldest set i have.

Not really, maybe the dual lands but probly not more then 10 - 20 bucks for those

>mfw autistic faggots would pay thousands of dollars for a game card

Also if dubs shred it to pieces

At most you'll have a couple $10 cards.

mtggoldfish.com/index/ICE#paper

that is 100% obviously fake, not even gonna read the rest of the thread.

mostly junk or reprinted heavily.

Stuff like sword to plowshare, necropotence, painlands, snowcovered lands, brainstorm are okay

All of that has still been reprinted a bunch

That text doesn't look quite right. If it's real, you should get it graded.

That summer Serendib Efreet with the correct art and correct color is nice.

Stuff at the bottom is absolutely hideous.